Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
207 Pages«<204205206207>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WinterPatriot  
#4101 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2021 7:35:48 AM(UTC)
WinterPatriot

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm no longer in the process, thanks to everyone for the input and help.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 25, 2021 7:37:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: privacy

luckydevil  
#4102 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2021 7:43:08 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WinterPatriot Go to Quoted Post
I'm no longer in the process, thanks to everyone for the input and help.

Sorry to hear that. Hope something else comes your way!
lee1625  
#4103 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 1:40:31 AM(UTC)
lee1625

United States

I took my assessment test two months ago. I know people have said Human Resources will let you know if you passed or failed the test if you contact them. Is it best to call them? And if so does anybody have a number for HR?
AZShadowStorm  
#4104 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 5:20:23 AM(UTC)
AZShadowStorm

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lee1625 Go to Quoted Post
I took my assessment test two months ago. I know people have said Human Resources will let you know if you passed or failed the test if you contact them. Is it best to call them? And if so does anybody have a number for HR?

It’s probably best to email them. If you look at the bottom of the announcement you applied to their email address will be there.
Liz  
#4105 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2021 7:14:34 AM(UTC)
Liz

United States

Originally Posted by: GrayBeard Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone!
I'm new to the process... applied and took the online assessment in May 2021 for a posting that closed June 3rd, and I just took the proctored exam this morning. Fairly confident that I passed the exam, but a little stressed about it because when I finished the exam and clicked the submit button, the webpage loaded and then just went blank. The proctor said, "oh, I think it probably went through." Not exactly confidence inspiring, and I would hate to be disqualified because of a technical error. :/

Even if I pass, the hiring process is so long that I'm not sure this would work out for me. I wish I had known about this position 12-15 years ago! lol

It's nice to find this forum. My husband asked how the test went and I laughed and said, "I may not have even taken it." I had the same scenario with the blank screen. For those who took it a while back, I feel like the last date offered for me to test was mid-September-ish. Best wishes and thanks for sharing.

thanks 1 user thanked Liz for this useful post.
GrayBeard on 9/4/2021(UTC)
GrayBeard  
#4106 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2021 3:02:57 PM(UTC)
GrayBeard

United States

lol sounds like we're probably okay and the blank screen is just how it works. Definitely a little unsettling, though!

My testing window was 08/11/21-09/08/21, but I don't know if it would be the same for everyone... and a prior post (maybe on another thread) mentioned that they also have a period after the test window to allow for "make-up" tests.

So now we wait!
rpandey  
#4107 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2021 6:15:07 PM(UTC)
rpandey

2018 Aug Applicant here, anyone aware of any possible classes in February and the possibility of getting a deferment? Recently accepted an offer for another 1800 series and think I may have to drop out of the DI process.
Prep  
#4108 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 9:23:52 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rpandey Go to Quoted Post
2018 Aug Applicant here, anyone aware of any possible classes in February and the possibility of getting a deferment? Recently accepted an offer for another 1800 series and think I may have to drop out of the DI process.

From what I have read here on the forum, there is no deferment. When they make the formal offer you either accept it or decline it, and that's the end of the process, per se. Hope that helps!
thanks 1 user thanked Prep for this useful post.
rpandey on 9/8/2021(UTC)
BHP  
#4109 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 12:10:31 AM(UTC)
BHP

Man
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
anyone aware of any possible classes in February

Latest rumor I heard is that the only class for next year is going to be June 2022.

Fiives  
#4110 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 4:26:04 AM(UTC)
Fiives

United States

Originally Posted by: BHP Go to Quoted Post

Latest rumor I heard is that the only class for next year is going to be June 2022.

Anyone think it’s possible for someone to get into that class who’s done medical but not background yet? Yikes, one class a year would be brutal….
Also, anyone moved states while in this process? Is it easy to continue? I know we’re supposed to “forget about the wait” and keep living life as normal, but if it’s going to be another 2 years, moving is definitely a part of my future.
Prep  
#4111 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 6:57:31 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Originally Posted by: Fiives Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BHP Go to Quoted Post

Anyone think it’s possible for someone to get into that class who’s done medical but not background yet? Yikes, one class a year would be brutal….
Also, anyone moved states while in this process? Is it easy to continue? I know we’re supposed to “forget about the wait” and keep living life as normal, but if it’s going to be another 2 years, moving is definitely a part of my future.

Good Morning!

I would say "not likely" on getting into a class with just the medical done and the background check incomplete. It's pretty much the norm for all necessary information to be completed before a formal offer is made. By necessary information, I mean, medical, background checks, Eqip, etc. Every form, every "process", everything. LOL

I was in a situation during the waiting period where I could have moved, but I chose not to because I knew it was highly likely that when the formal offer was made, I was going to have to relocate somewhere else. I didn't want to have to move again, so I just stayed where I was. But I know that life happens, and people do move during the process.

This is just my advice-if you don't absolutely have to move, then don't because you may very well have to move yet again. Again, that's just my advice. You know what's best for you and yours.

Good Luck!!! :)
Fiives on 9/17/2021(UTC)
wish2bfed  
#4112 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 6:00:05 PM(UTC)
wish2bfed

United States

During a regular non-COVID DI training at Quantico, would we be able to take like a day or two off? Asking because I am planning my wedding for next summer and believe I might be apart of the class next summer.

Also do DIs ever have to testify in court?
GearUp  
#4113 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 5:10:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 696 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Wish2bfed,

During training you usually have weekends and holidays off. On occasion you may have class on weekends but it is rare. If you plan to leave the Academy grounds during your weekend or after class time off you need to notify your counselor and make sure he/she knows and approves of where you’re going and when you will be back. Getting a scheduled training day off isn’t impossible but you have to have a very compelling reason. So don’t plan on or expect getting a weekday off.

DIs do testify in both civil and criminal courts (federal and state). We also testify at administrative hearings and at state licensing (medical, dental, pharmacy, veterinary, and nursing), board hearings.
wish2bfed  
#4114 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 3:01:20 PM(UTC)
wish2bfed

United States

has anyone heard any news about the next class?

App:06/24/2019
luckydevil  
#4115 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 3:01:59 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wish2bfed Go to Quoted Post
has anyone heard any news about the next class?

App:06/24/2019

It is tentatively scheduled for June 2022.
mf5099  
#4116 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 4:24:07 AM(UTC)
mf5099

United States

If my background began this year in early August, is it possible that I might have a shot at the June 2022 class?
TxShortie88  
#4117 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 5:03:45 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Yes, it's possible. I would say pretty likely. BUT remember, there is only 30-50 per class. So even if you complete background and are ready, you still may not get THIS class. There are people on here who have been waiting 2 or 3 (or more) classes.

Originally Posted by: mf5099 Go to Quoted Post
If my background began this year in early August, is it possible that I might have a shot at the June 2022 class?

thanks 1 user thanked TxShortie88 for this useful post.
mf5099 on 10/19/2021(UTC)
Fiives  
#4118 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 7:40:17 AM(UTC)
Fiives

United States

So it sounds like the average wait time is increasing from 2-3 years to 4+? How is that sustainable? I understand COVID knocked things out of wack, and that we’re supposed to be “living our lives as normal” but how are people supposed to make major life decisions (like starting a family, moving, etc)? Is this supposed to intentionally take people out of the running? Because I foresee a skewed demographic of applicants in the near future (ie not female) if this is the case….
TxShortie88  
#4119 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 9:39:55 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 36 post(s)
It's govt. They don't care. If you leave the process or turn down the job, there will be someone to take your place. I'm kind of thinking this vaccine mandate will reduce govt employees. I know DOI is saying 30-50% reduction of employees (is what they are predicting). I've heard DOJ is planning somewhere along the same lines. So many many jobs will be opening up. But as far as DEA....you work on their timeline, or you don't play their game.

So it sounds like the average wait time is increasing from 2-3 years to 4+? How is that sustainable? I understand COVID knocked things out of wack, and that we’re supposed to be “living our lives as normal” but how are people supposed to make major life decisions (like starting a family, moving, etc)? Is this supposed to intentionally take people out of the running? Because I foresee a skewed demographic of applicants in the near future (ie not female) if this is the case….

thanks 1 user thanked TxShortie88 for this useful post.
Fiives on 10/20/2021(UTC)
Prep  
#4120 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 9:57:49 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Sent you a PM. 😊
Fiives on 10/20/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed