Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

VA (Department of Veterans Affairs)

The United States has the most comprehensive system of assistance for veterans of any nation in the world. This benefits system traces its roots back to 1636, when the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony were at war with the Pequot Indians. The Pilgrims passed a law which stated that disabled soldiers would be supported by the colony. The establishment of the Veterans Administration came in 1930 when Congress authorized the President to "consolidate and coordinate Government activities affecting war veterans."

This forum also includes the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).

Perhaps you are working for the VA or interested in working for the VA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the VA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paul_knees  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2021 9:42:00 AM(UTC)
paul_knees

Groups: Registered
United States

I work for a VA Hospital. I'm an x-ray tech (DRT), Title 38 hybrid. I volunteered to work on Labor Day 2021 for a co-worker who called out sick. I was also the call-back tech for that day (24 hours). According to our SOP, we only get called in if there is an operating room case and there is no other DRT on-board, which leaves the CT tech on-board to cover x-rays. I got called in early in the AM because there was no DRT on board, yet. I get 2 hours minimum of work even if I only work less than that. It just so happens I was at work for 2 hours. I go home and I am asked if I can work from 1800-0000 because the DRT scheduled for the holiday called out. Again, my on-call status only mandates me to work only if there is an operating room case and the DRT scheduled that day is not there.

In VATAS, my timekeeper gives me HG(Holiday Graded) for the 2 hours I came in from the holiday morning. But, for the 6 hours I worked I did not get HG, and instead get OS-(Overtime scheduled). I'm trying to figure out why I didn't get the 6 hours as HG. My timekeeper says it's because the work I provided was outside my tour of duty. I let my manager know and he is looking into it.

Can anybody chime in and tell me if this is wrong? Or, even direct me to resources that state what is allowed?

I am looking into the OPM and other resources, already. It seems like I have to do my own DD (like in the military) to find the proper instructions and/or guidelines to make sure people are doing their job right. Thank you for reading this post! Thank you for replying, too!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed