Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

31 Pages«<28293031>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
@TheBADGUY  
#581 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2021 8:46:34 PM(UTC)
@TheBADGUY

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I've been invited to the remote exam as well for the Laguna Niguel Office. Seems like many have been invited, I'm very curious to know what their 75 minute exam consist of.
Bros1980  
#582 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 5:26:18 AM(UTC)
Bros1980

Any info on the ISO 1 opening in oklahoma city? Anyone applied?

Think it closed in july.
WasteAbalone  
#583 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 6:35:00 AM(UTC)
WasteAbalone

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: @TheBADGUY Go to Quoted Post
I've been invited to the remote exam as well for the Laguna Niguel Office. Seems like many have been invited, I'm very curious to know what their 75 minute exam consist of.

Congrats!
I heard that it will be a few essay questions and you have to answer them in essay format, and will get graded based off your writing skills.
thanks 1 user thanked WasteAbalone for this useful post.
@TheBADGUY on 8/27/2021(UTC)
@TheBADGUY  
#584 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 9:57:16 PM(UTC)
@TheBADGUY

United States

Originally Posted by: WasteAbalone Go to Quoted Post

Congrats!
I heard that it will be a few essay questions and you have to answer them in essay format, and will get graded based off your writing skills.

Thank you so much! and thanks for sharing this information, I was under the impression this was going to take place at their office, but I just found out it is remotely from our location of choosing were we have access to email and internet. So I'm excited and look forward to to their practical exam.
WasteAbalone  
#585 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 9:29:12 AM(UTC)
WasteAbalone

United States

Congrats!

Thank you so much! and thanks for sharing this information, I was under the impression this was going to take place at their office, but I just found out it is remotely from our location of choosing were we have access to email and internet. So I'm excited and look forward to to their practical exam.

How did it go for you? Do you feel confident in your essay?
I wish I could have had an additional 10-15 minutes to make some edits but I was on a time crunch.
Bros1980  
#586 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 2:44:21 PM(UTC)
Bros1980

What is the USCIS Contact Center Operations Branch and what do they exactly do?

https://www.usajobs.gov/...ob/ViewDetails/612510000
@TheBADGUY  
#587 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 9:17:51 PM(UTC)
@TheBADGUY

United States

Congrats!

I wish I could have had an additional 10-15 minutes to make some edits but I was on a time crunch.

I felt really well about it, I received the email almost 10 minutes after 9am so I was rushing indeed. I actually proof read it before submitting it haha. Did you manage to get the full 2 pages? I was about 6 sentences to completing the 2 pages required.

@TheBADGUY  
#588 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 9:18:52 PM(UTC)
@TheBADGUY

United States

Originally Posted by: Bros1980 Go to Quoted Post
What is the USCIS Contact Center Operations Branch and what do they exactly do?

https://www.usajobs.gov/...ob/ViewDetails/612510000

Thank you for sharing, there are quite a bit of openings for the Los Angeles office.
WasteAbalone  
#589 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 8:29:46 AM(UTC)
WasteAbalone

United States

Congrats!

I felt really well about it, I received the email almost 10 minutes after 9am so I was rushing indeed. I actually proof read it before submitting it haha. Did you manage to get the full 2 pages? I was about 6 sentences to completing the 2 pages required.

That’s awesome. I received mine late as well. Honestly I didn’t reach 2 pages either. Mine was a little bit longer than a page and a half. Hoping for the best but just have to wait and see what happens. Good luck to you!
thanks 1 user thanked WasteAbalone for this useful post.
@TheBADGUY on 9/1/2021(UTC)
Kairo  
#590 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2021 7:38:33 PM(UTC)
Kairo

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello! Has anyone get an interview e-mail yet for ISO2 at TSC?

Thanks!
Apollo1990  
#591 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 3:54:34 PM(UTC)
Apollo1990

United States

Originally Posted by: Kairo Go to Quoted Post
Hello! Has anyone get an interview e-mail yet for ISO2 at TSC?

Thanks!

I interviewed for the ISO 2 position at the TSC on 08/19. I know others who interviewed for the same position a week prior to my interview, so I know they were sending the interview invites in waves.

I'm not certain if they are still sending them out.
Bros1980  
#592 Posted : Saturday, September 4, 2021 9:03:25 AM(UTC)
Bros1980

Any info if TSC will have a other opening for ISO?
Edfaka  
#593 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2021 11:34:37 AM(UTC)

Has anyone that interviewed already for TSC received any essay notification or any conditional offer?
XFed77  
#594 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 11:26:12 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 79 post(s)

Does anyone know if you have to go through the Background Investigation again if your last BI was adjudicated 3 years ago and you went to work for another federal agency and you are now returning to USCIS as an ISO?

I know that in general, the BI is good for 5 years if you stay with the Agency, but what if you leave and then comeback within the 5 year period?

Thanks,

Nick

Apollo1990  
#595 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2021 5:50:30 AM(UTC)
Apollo1990

United States

Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post

Does anyone know if you have to go through the Background Investigation again if your last BI was adjudicated 3 years ago and you went to work for another federal agency and you are now returning to USCIS as an ISO?

I know that in general, the BI is good for 5 years if you stay with the Agency, but what if you leave and then comeback within the 5 year period?

Thanks,

Nick

I'm not sure how that would work. When I was going through the BI process I went to a site called clearancejobsblog.com. The people there are very knowledgeable about the process and I am sure they can answer your question.
thanks 1 user thanked Apollo1990 for this useful post.
XFed77 on 9/24/2021(UTC)
Apollo1990  
#596 Posted : Sunday, September 19, 2021 5:55:33 AM(UTC)
Apollo1990

United States

I logged into my USA Jobs account yesterday morning and found that my status for the ISO 2 TSC vacancy changed from "Best Qualified" to "You've been selected!"
An "onboarding" icon now appears in the top right. I'm hoping this isn't an error. Hopefully I get a TO email next week.

Has anyone else checked their status lately that applied for that vacancy?
athena123  
#597 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 9:11:24 AM(UTC)
athena123

United States

Originally Posted by: Apollo1990 Go to Quoted Post
I logged into my USA Jobs account yesterday morning and found that my status for the ISO 2 TSC vacancy changed from "Best Qualified" to "You've been selected!"
An "onboarding" icon now appears in the top right. I'm hoping this isn't an error. Hopefully I get a TO email next week.

I just checked mine and nothing has changed. I interviewed at the beginning of August for TSC. I'm hoping they are still making selections for my sake :). Sounds to me like you got the job Apollo1990 congrats!! Please keep us updated if you receive an email with a tentative offer. If anyone else is reading this please share any information you have, I need the closure lol. Good luck everyone!!
Apollo1990  
#598 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 1:06:15 PM(UTC)
Apollo1990

United States

Originally Posted by: athena123 Go to Quoted Post

I just checked mine and nothing has changed. I interviewed at the beginning of August for TSC. I'm hoping they are still making selections for my sake :). Sounds to me like you got the job Apollo1990 congrats!! Please keep us updated if you receive an email with a tentative offer. If anyone else is reading this please share any information you have, I need the closure lol. Good luck everyone!!

I just received an email with my tentative offer. You should check your email and see if you received one as well. I heard they sent them out for most people.

Best of luck!
XFed77  
#599 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2021 10:16:30 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 79 post(s)

Congratulations!
Apollo1990  
#600 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 11:32:11 AM(UTC)
Apollo1990

United States

Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post

Congratulations!

Thank you! I hope others received some good news as well. If not, don't give up! More hiring will be right around the corner.
thanks 1 user thanked Apollo1990 for this useful post.
XFed77 on 9/27/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed