Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

82 Pages«<7677787980>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NGP  
#1541 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 5:40:55 AM(UTC)
NGP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stonewall32 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NGP Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mr.Jeep Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NGP Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: stonewall32 Go to Quoted Post
Long time lurker, getting ready to put my application in and I had a couple quick questions:

1: Timelines that are being posted appear to show the PFT as the last thing you did. I thought you had to take one right after phase II interview?

2: All the other agencies offer office location with job offer, does FBI still wait till academy? If so, is there any talk about this changing anytime?

They've changed when you take the PFT a couple times. Last year in some offices they made you do it before phase II but their applicant numbers were way down because a lot of people were failing. Now it's after you pass poly, and not necessarily the last thing you do, it just depends on how the timing lines up with your other tasks (medical, bi etc.). If you pass within 120 days of going to Quantico you don't have to take it again.

The FBI still waits until a few weeks into the academy to give you your office (after you rank all of them). From what I've heard from a couple of friends, there are a few offices that if you want them you'll probably get them because no one wants them (NY and LA being the big ones) and there are other offices like San Diego that you likely won't get no matter where you rank it. I can't speak for anyone else but I haven't heard any rumblings about changing the process.

It was my understanding that you had one year from the completion of your background investigation to pass the PFT. I know you have the option to schedule the PFT following the poly but just wanted to confirm that the time window for passing is still 1 year post background? And can you wait to schedule your PFT towards the end of your background to avoid retaking it if your background duration is more than 120 days?

All correct. And believe there is no longer a limit to how many times you can take as there used to be in the past.

Has anything regarding the PFT requirements at the academy changed? Minimum score, how many times you have to pass, etc?

Minimum score is still 12 cumulative with at least 1 point in each event. Not sure on how many times you have to pass

e2b13  
#1542 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 6:04:26 AM(UTC)
e2b13

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr.Jeep Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SlowCheetah Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,

New poster here- I'm in the process of scheduling my PhaseII interview and was initially invited to be on the waitlist for Tucson Arizona in August, then Dallas Texas in September. I was then told that they were no longer having the interviews in Dallas, and they were looking into having interviews in local field offices.

Just curious, where have y'all had your interviews? I was pretty excited to travel, but also think having one locally might be less stressful.

Seems to be a long waiting period to secure an interview... I took my Phase II Written at the end of July. Anyone experience anything similar?

I traveled for mine due to overflow at my FO, and honestly, I think it was better than it would have been if I had done it locally. I showed up a day early and spent the time relaxing and preparing. It was actually fairly enjoyable.

I traveled for mine as well (via train). I also stayed at the hotel where they held the interviews which was convenient. From a timing perspective, it took 3 months before they scheduled my interview after the written portion. I think the waiting period was due to a large backlog in my FO (which is pretty common from what I hear) and that is why so many of the applicants from my FO ultimately travelled for the interviews.

Every timeline is different, but honestly any stage of the process can take significantly longer or shorter than you would expect. For example, after 3 months waiting for phase 2 to be scheduled, it only took 5 days for me to receive my phase II results and only a couple days after that to receive the CJO. Then it took almost 1 month before I received the background forms. I know other people who waited 1-2 months before getting a CJO and then ended up getting background forms within a week. Basically, there is no set time for anything and there is tons of radio silence during the entire process (trust me I made the mistake of checking the portal 3 times a day when waiting for updates and would definitely not recommend this approach or having any timing expectations for anything).

I had my interview at my local field office. Sounds like it would be fun to travel for the interview. It took roughly 6 weeks from the time I took the written portion until I was contacted to schedule the interview. I know it's easier said than done, but try to be patient and forget you're even in the process. What has helped me is to take it a step at a time, celebrate each small step you accomplish and just remember at some point you WILL be contacted. The waiting sucks but everything will work out. Hope your interview gets scheduled soon!
thanks 1 user thanked e2b13 for this useful post.
SlowCheetah on 9/18/2021(UTC)
Irish  
#1543 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 6:40:23 AM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi All,

New poster here- I'm in the process of scheduling my PhaseII interview and was initially invited to be on the waitlist for Tucson Arizona in August, then Dallas Texas in September. I was then told that they were no longer having the interviews in Dallas, and they were looking into having interviews in local field offices.

Just curious, where have y'all had your interviews? I was pretty excited to travel, but also think having one locally might be less stressful.

Seems to be a long waiting period to secure an interview... I took my Phase II Written at the end of July. Anyone experience anything similar?

I had my P2 interview at a Hotel. We had a couple people coming from a few hours away but everyone in my group was from in-state. The hotel was close to my house so i didn't have to travel. I had about a week between the P2 written and interview. When I took it (February of 2021) we were told that most FO's were doing the interviews in-state now and no travel unless special permissions. But that's probably changed by now.
thanks 1 user thanked Irish for this useful post.
SlowCheetah on 9/18/2021(UTC)
COmtbr  
#1544 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 7:19:19 AM(UTC)
COmtbr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi All,

I think it might depend on the FO. Im out of Denver, and they have been exceptionally quick. I took my PII written on a Friday and was invited to schedule my interview first thing Monday. Less than 3 weeks between written and interview.

I have it tomorrow, so fingers crossed I pass!

App: 6/21
P1: 6/21
M&G: 7/21
PII W: 8/21
PII I: 9/21
CAO: 9/21
Poly: Pending

tamvid11  
#1545 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 7:56:38 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
Thought I would give an update since it has been a while. I'm still "in background", so not making it to yet another class that I was on the roster for...
Applied 11/20
M & G 12/20
P2 (I) 1/21
PSI 2/21
Poly 3/10/21
Medical 4/19/21
BI 4/28/21
Credit Check 5/6/21
Medically Cleared 5/10/21
Date Change 5/21/21
PFT 6/11/21
Psych 6/23/21
Radio Silence since and apparently still waiting for adjudication...

@tamvid - inbox is full

@Annino - cleared it! thanks
tamvid11  
#1546 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 9:28:23 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Thought I would give an update since it has been a while. I'm still "in background", so not making it to yet another class that I was on the roster for...
Applied 11/20
M & G 12/20
P2 (I) 1/21
PSI 2/21
Poly 3/10/21
Medical 4/19/21
BI 4/28/21
Credit Check 5/6/21
Date Change 5/21/21
PFT 6/11/21
Psych 6/23/21

@tamvid - inbox is full

@Annino - now yours if full LOL this 100 message thing is quite ridiculous

Annino  
#1547 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 9:29:36 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Applied 11/20
M & G 12/20
P2 (I) 1/21
PSI 2/21
Poly 3/10/21
Medical 4/19/21
BI 4/28/21
Credit Check 5/6/21
Date Change 5/21/21
PFT 6/11/21
Psych 6/23/21

@tamvid - inbox is full

@Annino - now yours if full LOL this 100 message thing is quite ridiculous

Hahaha. All set now!
Proteus  
#1548 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 10:22:23 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,

I think it might depend on the FO. Im out of Denver, and they have been exceptionally quick. I took my PII written on a Friday and was invited to schedule my interview first thing Monday. Less than 3 weeks between written and interview.

I have it tomorrow, so fingers crossed I pass!

Good luck!

Alright2015  
#1549 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 10:51:35 AM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey all, I passed my PFT this morning. Originally scheduled for 8am but he had to change it to 720am, i was like well damn lol but nonetheless, i killed it. Scored 18 points total. Personally i want to improve on my push-ups. I’m 6’4 and have very long arms lol but anyway just wanted to update everybody. My applicant coordinator said she will definitely be trying to get me pushed into that December class.
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
Irish  
#1550 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 11:59:18 AM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Originally Posted by: Alright2015 Go to Quoted Post
Hey all, I passed my PFT this morning. Originally scheduled for 8am but he had to change it to 720am, i was like well damn lol but nonetheless, i killed it. Scored 18 points total. Personally i want to improve on my push-ups. I’m 6’4 and have very long arms lol but anyway just wanted to update everybody. My applicant coordinator said she will definitely be trying to get me pushed into that December class.

Good job dude! I'm hoping to be joining you for the December class. My AC is waiting to schedule my pft to make sure i'm good for 2 class cycles in case I don't get December. I've noticed my only times for pft is at 6AM and its clear across town so i'll be waking up at like 4am to go take it lol. Keep killing it bro!
TCpara  
#1551 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 12:00:14 PM(UTC)
TCpara

United States

I have a question concerning the new PFT guidance... I have read over and over on this forum how it has been switched to only requiring one PFT before Q, as long as it was within 120 days. I have even read where some ACs have suggested to wait to take the PFT until the BI is complete, that way the applicant avoids taking it twice. However, I am running into the opposite. My AC has been pressuring me to take it ever since I passed poly almost six months ago, with the reason being, "You have to take two. One after polygraph, and one 120 days before going to Quantico." I haven't taken one yet because I work out of state and am never here when they do their monthly test, but also because I do not want to take it twice if it is unnecessary. Anybody else running into anything like this?

Side note, I have been in background for six months (credit pulled, references and employers called in April). No Psych, and officially cleared medical over a month ago. Still have no idea if I am in, or near adjudication. I also have two active security clearances with other agencies, so for those wondering if that helps the process, the answer is "Not at all" lol
tamvid11  
#1552 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 12:10:15 PM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Originally Posted by: TCpara Go to Quoted Post
I have a question concerning the new PFT guidance... I have read over and over on this forum how it has been switched to only requiring one PFT before Q, as long as it was within 120 days. I have even read where some ACs have suggested to wait to take the PFT until the BI is complete, that way the applicant avoids taking it twice. However, I am running into the opposite. My AC has been pressuring me to take it ever since I passed poly almost six months ago, with the reason being, "You have to take two. One after polygraph, and one 120 days before going to Quantico." I haven't taken one yet because I work out of state and am never here when they do their monthly test, but also because I do not want to take it twice if it is unnecessary. Anybody else running into anything like this?

Side note, I have been in background for six months (credit pulled, references and employers called in April). No Psych, and officially cleared medical over a month ago. Still have no idea if I am in, or near adjudication. I also have two active security clearances with other agencies, so for those wondering if that helps the process, the answer is "Not at all" lol

You definitely only need to take the PFT once within that 120 day window. Usually they have you do it towards the end of your BI or right after medical clears. I know plenty who opt to take one a little earlier than the Pre-Q, simply because they aren't sure if they will pass or what they need to work on specifically in order to pass. You can use that first one as a gauge I guess. Everyone is going to have to take 2 at Q, so what is the harm in taking 2 before? If you can score 21+ and that score will hold for a year instead of the 120 days. I took mine in June in hopes of Aug or Sept... looks like I'm going to Dec, so if I hadn't scored 27, I would be taking it again.
TCpara  
#1553 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 1:32:45 PM(UTC)
TCpara

United States

"You definitely only need to take the PFT once within that 120 day window. Usually they have you do it towards the end of your BI or right after medical clears. I know plenty who opt to take one a little earlier than the Pre-Q, simply because they aren't sure if they will pass or what they need to work on specifically in order to pass. You can use that first one as a gauge I guess. Everyone is going to have to take 2 at Q, so what is the harm in taking 2 before? If you can score 21+ and that score will hold for a year instead of the 120 days. I took mine in June in hopes of Aug or Sept... looks like I'm going to Dec, so if I hadn't scored 27, I would be taking it again."

It's simply a scheduling issue. Long story short, in order to be home during the PFT, I would have to upset my current employer, as I spend 9-10 months per year overseas. Obviously, when the time comes, that is exactly what will happen. For obvious reasons, I am trying to hold off on that for as long as possible.... And I am fortunate in the fact that my job makes me take a nearly identical PFT once every couple of months, so I know exactly where I stand. Congrats on the 27!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 14, 2021 1:33:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Quote

ItsMeJay  
#1554 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 3:45:11 PM(UTC)
ItsMeJay

United States

Received my FJO! Wow, It’s been a rollercoaster to say the least, still can’t believe it. I’m looking forward to meeting and training with some of you all at the academy. Good luck to everyone.
BoundMorpheme  
#1555 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 3:56:16 PM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ItsMeJay Go to Quoted Post
Received my FJO! Wow, It’s been a rollercoaster to say the least, still can’t believe it. I’m looking forward to meeting and training with some of you all at the academy. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats! Is this for the September class or a later date?
thanks 1 user thanked BoundMorpheme for this useful post.
ItsMeJay on 9/14/2021(UTC)
ItsMeJay  
#1556 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 4:08:34 PM(UTC)
ItsMeJay

United States

Originally Posted by: BoundMorpheme Go to Quoted Post

Congrats! Is this for the September class or a later date?

Sept class
Irish  
#1557 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 4:31:04 PM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Congrats!
thanks 1 user thanked Irish for this useful post.
e2b13  
#1558 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2021 5:57:25 PM(UTC)
e2b13

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Congratulations!!
thanks 1 user thanked e2b13 for this useful post.
Proteus  
#1559 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2021 5:56:39 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Well, I officially passed the poly, have medical soon, and am thinking of taking the PFT in October. Process starting to feel real, even though I know there are months of waiting ahead!
tamvid11  
#1560 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2021 8:26:26 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

If anyone has history of completing the psych eval, please PM me. Thanks!
thanks 2 users thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
Bialetti1901 on 9/15/2021(UTC), But_Why on 9/16/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed