Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

61 Pages«<4344454647>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Splay2021  
#881 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 3:11:58 PM(UTC)
Splay2021

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KWGA18 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MJE Go to Quoted Post
Well this was a lot to read. Thanks to everyone that contributed. It seems that you're pretty much in if you receive a TO and get fingerprinted. That happened for me this week. It really sticks out to me how long these things take.

My 2021 Timeline:

MAR - Application

MAY - ROSA

AUG (Beginning) - Referred

AUG (Mid) - Interview

AUG (EOM) - TO & Fingerprint

The interview also got me, I swear I was on the phone for barely 20 mins and that was it. Had all three of my location choices offer at a GS9 and was asked to pick one. TO had a start date of DEC. We'll see what happens next.

Thanks for sharing your timeline. Mine is similar except no interview yet.

APRIL (end) - applied

MAY (end) - ROSA

August (beginning) - referral email

Still waiting. Has anyone interviewed for Jacksonville or Daytona Beach, FL?

Congrats to all who have received FO’s!

Received FO for Jacksonville today.

Interviewed on 8/25/2021

TO 9/1/2021

Firm Offer Today
thanks 1 user thanked Splay2021 for this useful post.
KWGA18 on 9/18/2021(UTC)
sbalto  
#882 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 3:42:57 PM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Splay2021 Go to Quoted Post
Well this was a lot to read. Thanks to everyone that contributed. It seems that you're pretty much in if you receive a TO and get fingerprinted. That happened for me this week. It really sticks out to me how long these things take.

My 2021 Timeline:

MAR - Application

MAY - ROSA

AUG (Mid) - Interview

The interview also got me, I swear I was on the phone for barely 20 mins and that was it. Had all three of my location choices offer at a GS9 and was asked to pick one. TO had a start date of DEC. We'll see what happens next.

APRIL (end) - applied

MAY (end) - ROSA

Interviewed on 8/25/2021

TO 9/1/2021

Firm Offer Today

Congratulations!
MJE  
#883 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 5:50:32 PM(UTC)
MJE

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Interviewed on 8/25/2021

TO 9/1/2021

Firm Offer Today

Nice!

I just did my fingerprints this week. Waiting for that FO now. Kinda ready to quit my current job.
makingadifference  
#884 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 3:53:47 AM(UTC)
makingadifference

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
For the prints and photos, is this just for our PIV card? Email I got said business attire, which I found somewhat strange if it's just the PIV photo and prints.
sbalto  
#885 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 4:05:49 AM(UTC)
sbalto

Originally Posted by: makingadifference Go to Quoted Post
For the prints and photos, is this just for our PIV card? Email I got said business attire, which I found somewhat strange if it's just the PIV photo and prints.

The photo you will take will be your ID card that is also your smart card. The business attire suggestion/requirement is for you to look professional on your ID card
scottyd27  
#886 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 4:07:35 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sbalto Go to Quoted Post

The photo you will take will be your ID card that is also your smart card. The business attire suggestion/requirement is for you to look professional on your ID card

That picture will be on your HSPD-12 smart card and your pocket commission for the next 3-10 years.

You want it to look professional especially for the pocket commission
thanks 2 users thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
sbalto on 9/17/2021(UTC), makingadifference on 9/17/2021(UTC)
MJE  
#887 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 10:20:08 AM(UTC)
MJE

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

It did say business/business casual. I showed up in a polo and slacks. I’m not sure why anyone would want work creds in a tshirt.
makingadifference  
#888 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 10:52:43 AM(UTC)
makingadifference

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post

That picture will be on your HSPD-12 smart card and your pocket commission for the next 3-10 years.

You want it to look professional especially for the pocket commission

Thanks that is what I was looking for. I've had multiple HSPD-12s and creds before. Creds would always be suits, but the HSPD-12 (PIV card) would be something more casual (like an agency polo). Either way I'll just show up in a full suit for this one.
ARW2019  
#889 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 11:49:13 AM(UTC)
ARW2019

My 2021 Timeline:

MAR - Application

MAY - ROSA

AUG (Mid) - Interview

APRIL (end) - applied

MAY (end) - ROSA

Interviewed on 8/25/2021

TO 9/1/2021

Firm Offer Today

Splay2021, I received a TO on 9/1/2021 as well and did my finger printing on 9/7/2021. In waiting on my FO. Can you tell me when is your EOD?
Splay2021  
#890 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 1:45:12 PM(UTC)
Splay2021

December
ARW2019  
#891 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 2:16:48 PM(UTC)
ARW2019

December

Thank you! I saw where the TO dates were in December and the FO dates were a little closer.
peteyboy123  
#892 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 2:23:20 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
December

I received my TO recently and have started processing/background and stuff. I anticipate I will probably be given a December EOD as well. Can you and anyone else elaborate on their EODs (early/mid/late Dec...) Just trying to tentatively plan things out with my current apt lease. Thanks.
AllHailTheDead0  
#893 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 3:11:00 PM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: peteyboy123 Go to Quoted Post
December

I received my TO recently and have started processing/background and stuff. I anticipate I will probably be given a December EOD as well. Can you and anyone else elaborate on their EODs (early/mid/late Dec...) Just trying to tentatively plan things out with my current apt lease. Thanks.

It should have a date for you on the TO. In my TO I was given a Dec 6th start date. When I received the FO it was 9/27 and I ended up asking for the Dec start date since I knew I wouldn't be able to move in time.
peteyboy123  
#894 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 3:55:13 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post
December

It should have a date for you on the TO. In my TO I was given a Dec 6th start date. When I received the FO it was 9/27 and I ended up asking for the Dec start date since I knew I wouldn't be able to move in time.

My TO does not have a start date on it. However, it is worth noting that I never received my TO letter in the form of an email from HR. I just happened to check my application status page (the day after the TO letter was issued) through USAJobs and saw an onboarding button, clicked, and saw the TO letter there. I am assuming the HR person listed at the bottom forgot to actually send the email or an there was an issue with the email server or something.
Rhymes400  
#895 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 7:13:55 PM(UTC)
Rhymes400

United States

Congratulations to everyone who has received firm offers. I would like to share my timeline as well.

Applied: March 4 (resubmitted in April to add additional location)

Rosa March 13

Referral 7/9: May 20

Interview for second location: September 3

Interview for first location: September 9

Still waiting to see if I get a TO. First Interviewer stated it could take up to 45 days.
thanks 1 user thanked Rhymes400 for this useful post.
peach21 on 10/1/2021(UTC)
TDnike2189  
#896 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 10:39:44 AM(UTC)
TDnike2189

I was just hired for the Bronx,.Does anyone know if they pay for the toll or if the travel cost in and out of NYC is covered if you commute for work? Please let me know. Thanks
sbalto  
#897 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 11:14:01 AM(UTC)
sbalto

Originally Posted by: TDnike2189 Go to Quoted Post
I was just hired for the Bronx,.Does anyone know if they pay for the toll or if the travel cost in and out of NYC is covered if you commute for work? Please let me know. Thanks

I don’t think they pay for the commute to work. I believe they have discounts or payment towards public transportation don’t quote me on that. If you were in the field working and had to go through a toll to see a taxpayer then that could probably be included in to travel pay to and from the taxpayers business or home. Scotty can give you a more accurate answer
TDnike2189  
#898 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 11:18:05 AM(UTC)
TDnike2189

I don’t think they pay for the commute to work. I believe they have discounts or payment towards public transportation don’t quote me on that. If you were in the field working and had to go through a toll to see a taxpayer then that could probably be included in to travel pay to and from the taxpayers business or home. Scotty can give you a more accurate answer

Okay, I am just trying to figure out if I live outside the city will I have to pay the toll everyday or if as you said they have a discount or something.
Foggy  
#899 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 4:06:40 PM(UTC)
Foggy

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

For regular commute to and from work you don't get reimbursed. There's a transit subsidy that you can sign up for that will pay for some costs but it has to be public transportation.
ScottieDutch  
#900 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 3:51:57 PM(UTC)
ScottieDutch

United States

Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post
December

My TO does not have a start date on it. However, it is worth noting that I never received my TO letter in the form of an email from HR. I just happened to check my application status page (the day after the TO letter was issued) through USAJobs and saw an onboarding button, clicked, and saw the TO letter there. I am assuming the HR person listed at the bottom forgot to actually send the email or an there was an issue with the email server or something.

My TO never had a start date, only my FO. When I got finger-printed, the credentialing official said that they think they stopped putting start dates in TOs since some background checks weren't coming through clean, and they had to revoke some offers, and some applicants stilled showed up for their first day.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed