Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dolphinbabe59  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2021 7:13:31 AM(UTC)
Dolphinbabe59

Groups: Registered
United States

Does anyone have an experience working at Uscis’s Contact Call center? What is the atmosphere like, are you remote and how many calls must you take per hour? How quickly can you be promoted?
humanoid  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 12:55:00 PM(UTC)
humanoid

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I worked at the call center. Expect to take 8-10 phone calls per hour, with no more than 2-3 min delay between each call. All calls are monitored and recorded. You will get to work from home after 3 or 6 months but maybe that’s changed now due to pandemic…you in the service already? Any federal background? Promotion from gs-7 to 9 is quick( within a year). Is this for ISO 1 position?
Dolphinbabe59  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 2:08:06 PM(UTC)
Dolphinbabe59

United States

Thanks for replying. I’m an ISO 1 at a field office. I recently applied to an announcement looking for an ISO 1 at the contact center. I was curious about what to expect as far as the call volume and whether you needed to go into the office. How soon can you go from ISO 1 to ISO 2? If you don’t mind me asking you said you worked at the call center, was it something you didn’t like about the job itself?
humanoid  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 3:16:38 PM(UTC)
humanoid

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Imo I would make more sense if you go for the ISO2 position at the call center.
Your freedom at the contact center is somewhat limited as an ISO1 compared to the field office . Who you think call the customer service phone line? Frustrated customers and lawyers. And on top of that you gotta deal with micromanaging. But there are good things about it too. You telework. You’ll gain more knowledge about the immigration system as a whole, and different application petition types etc.
thanks 2 users thanked humanoid for this useful post.
Dolphinbabe59 on 9/20/2021(UTC), Medic17 on 9/21/2021(UTC)
MGG  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 8:24:11 PM(UTC)
MGG

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The "call center" is really more of an email/call back center. Positions are going fully remote so will be able to work anywhere in the country (guidance is coming). You have more freedom than in a Field Office but less than in a Service Center.

Productivity is 5 inquiries per hour (emails or calls). Nobody does calls all day. It is usually 3 hours of call backs. It is a great learning opportunity because you learn about and deal with all forms and benefits and get familiarized with the whole process from the Lockbox to the card production.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed