Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

87 Pages«<7778798081>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
debellil  
#1561 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 2:09:29 PM(UTC)
debellil

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: livinglavidaloca Go to Quoted Post
Long-time lurker here with a question! I am a graduate student looking to apply to the special agent job posting in the future once I have more work experience. I have worn glasses for the majority of my life and with my glasses my vision is a perfect 20/20. I have seen that as long as your vision is corrected 20/20, then you will pass the vision requirement, but they only mention contact lenses for this requirement. So does anyone know if glasses are allowed at Quantico and in the job after?

Nope. You have to have worn soft contact lenses for at least 1 year without issue and provide proof for the medical exam.

According to the FBI’s application guide, it depends on your vision.

“Applicants’ distant visual acuity, corrected or uncorrected, must meet FBI standards, which are 20/20 in one eye and no worse than 20/40 in the other eye.
» Applicants with distant visual acuity greater than or equal to 20/100 require medical documentation of successful soft contact lens use for at least one year without significant problems or adverse effects.”

So if your uncorrected vision is better than 20/100, you’re good with glasses. That’s how I am.
thanks 1 user thanked debellil for this useful post.
hope98 on 9/20/2021(UTC)
ctapplicant21  
#1562 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 4:30:37 AM(UTC)
ctapplicant21

For those who are have been slotted for the December class, can you confirm if they are still requiring the 2 week quarantine before arriving at Quantico?
Jeff223344  
#1563 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 5:20:48 AM(UTC)
Jeff223344

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Question on the special agent applicant portal. It was updated for me maybe 3-4 weeks ago from the background phase to pending final offer, and it says we will email you with details once ready... Does anyone know how long that takes? Or do they start trying to assemble classes only a certain time period (ie 4 weeks) before they start?

My timeline
App 4/20
P1 4/20 pass
M/G 5/20
P2W 5/20
P2I 8/20
PFT1 /BI 10/20
Med 1/21
PFT2 4/21 pass
PFT3 7/21 pass

Santiago  
#1564 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 9:47:59 AM(UTC)
Santiago

United States

Originally Posted by: OnAMission Go to Quoted Post
I know some people only used the prep material on the website. Did anyone use anything else to prep for phase 1?

I just passed the test two weeks ago. I highly recommend that you focus on the materials provided in the PDF. I tried to find materials somewhere else and they were more difficult (did some random samples online). I recommend that you take the prep-test on your own multiple times; after each attempt, check the key answers and learn the patters that help you reach the right conclusion; try again until you get 100% accurate. I passed the test by following the mentioned method.
Good luck
roony99  
#1565 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 11:47:13 AM(UTC)
roony99

Hey!

Anybody here processing out of DC and have been in background for a while?
DUSM90  
#1566 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 2:36:39 PM(UTC)
DUSM90

United States

Originally Posted by: roony99 Go to Quoted Post
Hey!

Anybody here processing out of DC and have been in background for a while?

I’m processing out of WFO. Just started background, form what I understand, WFO is quick with pretty much everything due to the size of the office and available resources…how long have you been in background and have you ever had a clearance before?
COmtbr  
#1567 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 7:09:23 PM(UTC)
COmtbr

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just got the email that I passed phase 2! Absolutely pumped.
App: 6/21
P1: 7/21
M&G: 7/21
PII W: 8/21
PII I: 9/21
CAO: 9/21
TRP Designator: 10/21
PSI: 10/21
Poly: 12/21 (scheduled)
Irish  
#1568 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 9:55:07 PM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post

Congrats! You still got a ways to go on your journey but take it one event at a time. Best of luck to you.
e2b13  
#1569 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 3:51:09 AM(UTC)
e2b13

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Irish Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post

Congrats! You still got a ways to go on your journey but take it one event at a time. Best of luck to you.

Congratulations!
Mr.Jeep  
#1570 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 5:28:56 AM(UTC)
Mr.Jeep

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Does anyone know what the medical evaluation entails? I already gathered and understand the information listed in the link below, with respect to vaccinations, hearing test, vision, EKG etc... But just wanted to understand if I need to ask my doctor to send me my entire medical history or something (I don't have hospitalizations or major medical events) and/or if there is anything else that I should expect for those who have gone through the process.

https://www.fbijobs.gov/...uirementsweb_guide_m.pdf
App:1/21
P1:2/21
M&G:2/21
P2w:4/21
P2i:6/21
CAO:7/21
PSI:8/21
Poly:8/21
Poly2:9/21
Ref:10/21
Credit:10/21
Med: 11/21

1811_Z  
#1571 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 6:30:52 AM(UTC)
1811_Z

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr.Jeep Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know what the medical evaluation entails? I already gathered and understand the information listed in the link below, with respect to vaccinations, hearing test, vision, EKG etc... But just wanted to understand if I need to ask my doctor to send me my entire medical history or something (I don't have hospitalizations or major medical events) and/or if there is anything else that I should expect for those who have gone through the process.

Hey Jeep. The big thing is really the vaccination records. My HR assistant said to make sure you bring copies of your records, especially the immunizations listed on the website. All I brought were my vax records, a statement re: chickenpox as a kid, and then a letter from my eye doc attesting to my vision since I had PRK a few years ago.

The above, with whatever other docs they send you to fill out, is all you should need. The rest of the process is super straightforward. I think I was in and out in like 30 mins.

Hope that helps - good luck!

Edited by user Wednesday, September 22, 2021 6:37:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Reactivated: 3/2021
M&G: 4/2021
P2 (W): 6/2021
P2 (I): 6/2021
CAO: 8/2021
PSI/Poly/MED: 8-9/2021
BI: 9/2021
thanks 1 user thanked 1811_Z for this useful post.
Mr.Jeep on 9/22/2021(UTC)
Irish  
#1572 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 3:37:53 PM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1811_Z Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mr.Jeep Go to Quoted Post

Hey Jeep. The big thing is really the vaccination records. My HR assistant said to make sure you bring copies of your records, especially the immunizations listed on the website. All I brought were my vax records, a statement re: chickenpox as a kid, and then a letter from my eye doc attesting to my vision since I had PRK a few years ago.

The above, with whatever other docs they send you to fill out, is all you should need. The rest of the process is super straightforward. I think I was in and out in like 30 mins.

Hope that helps - good luck!

I just hope they are ok with the MyCharts printouts I’ll be bringing. Not sure if they have any particular info that has to be on the vaccination record or not. Anyone have any insight on that?

There's no other info they are looking for besides what the shot was and when you got it. As long as the document says your name on it and has the dates and looks somewhat official and not a word document then you should be alright. I took in printed immunizations i got online and was fine.
thanks 1 user thanked Irish for this useful post.
Proteus on 9/22/2021(UTC)
Alright2015  
#1573 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 6:40:03 AM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What is the date for the January academy class? I know the December one is on the 5th. Haven’t heard anything about January though.
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
BGSH88  
#1574 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 6:49:56 AM(UTC)
BGSH88

United States

Hello! I'm a long time reader of this forum but have never really posted. I have a question regarding the sit ups for the PFT. I know DEA is extremely critical about the top of the shoulder blade*****ting the floor to the point where the outside parts of the shoulders have to hit the floor and the person's head hits the floor too. Does anyone know how the FBI is with their sit ups? I recorded myself doing the sit ups and when going really fast my shoulders don't relax and touch the floor, I can feel my back hit the floor but when crossing my arms over my chest the shoulders naturally curl and don't lie flat. Also I tend to lift my head up a bit the entire time because I don't want my head slamming the floor 50 times or so. Thanks!
BGSH88  
#1575 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 6:52:58 AM(UTC)
BGSH88

United States

Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
If anyone has history of completing the psych eval, please PM me. Thanks!

I'm also following. If anyone has experience with this, can you please PM me, as well?
debellil  
#1576 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 7:05:39 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BGSH88 Go to Quoted Post
Hello! I'm a long time reader of this forum but have never really posted. I have a question regarding the sit ups for the PFT. I know DEA is extremely critical about the top of the shoulder blade*****ting the floor to the point where the outside parts of the shoulders have to hit the floor and the person's head hits the floor too. Does anyone know how the FBI is with their sit ups? I recorded myself doing the sit ups and when going really fast my shoulders don't relax and touch the floor, I can feel my back hit the floor but when crossing my arms over my chest the shoulders naturally curl and don't lie flat. Also I tend to lift my head up a bit the entire time because I don't want my head slamming the floor 50 times or so. Thanks!

Your head doesn’t need to hit the floor but the tops of your shoulder blades definitely need to. They’ll put their hand under you where you’re supposed to be touching the ground and if you don’t hit it, they’ll dock you. You have to relax your shoulders back down to the ground to complete the rep. It’s harder, but that’s the point.
thanks 1 user thanked debellil for this useful post.
1811_Z on 9/23/2021(UTC)
ctapplicant21  
#1577 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 10:37:57 AM(UTC)
ctapplicant21

Re: Field Office Rankings

Does anyone know what the odds are of getting the actual Manhattan office as opposed to a regional field office if you list New York as your #1?
Annino  
#1578 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 12:15:46 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BGSH88 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post
If anyone has history of completing the psych eval, please PM me. Thanks!

I'm also following. If anyone has experience with this, can you please PM me, as well?

Same here please
C757A45  
#1579 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 1:58:06 PM(UTC)
C757A45

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Alright2015 Go to Quoted Post
What is the date for the January academy class? I know the December one is on the 5th. Haven’t heard anything about January though.

Not sure the date for January, but if I had to guess based on the last time they did back-to-back classes (August / September 2021), the 2nd class started towards the end of the month.
ctapplicant21  
#1580 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2021 3:44:07 AM(UTC)
ctapplicant21

Originally Posted by: ctapplicant21 Go to Quoted Post
Re: Field Office Rankings

Does anyone know what the odds are of getting the actual Manhattan office as opposed to a regional field office if you list New York as your #1?

While I don't know the answer to this with certainty, I read that the Manhattan office is by far the biggest single FO in the FBI, so I imagine the odds aren't bad. That is, unless you have a skill needed by a particular RA perhaps (needs of the Bureau, etc. etc.).

Thanks -- that was my assumption as well. I understand that if you list NY as your #1, you're almost 100% guaranteed to get it, but it still sounds like it's too risky to make moves to Manhattan until I'm officially assigned (currently still in BI phase).
Rss Feed  Atom Feed