Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

9 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HockeySticks  
#61 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2021 5:17:27 AM(UTC)
HockeySticks

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: wildct88 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Woody87 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone heard anything since 8/9?

I applied to the amended announcement, the last I heard was from the Phase 2 assessment results on 8/28. Maybe they are getting all the applicants back on the same timeline?

I think that is the case. I’m guessing all of us will hear something in the next week or so but who knows.
HockeySticks  
#62 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 5:38:48 AM(UTC)
HockeySticks

I saw on a recent podcast there is going to be another job posting in the near future, which will be a continuous opening. Not sure how/if this impacts the previous opening from July/August. Anyone have any thoughts?
dubyac  
#63 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2021 10:39:28 AM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HockeySticks Go to Quoted Post
I saw on a recent podcast there is going to be another job posting in the near future, which will be a continuous opening. Not sure how/if this impacts the previous opening from July/August. Anyone have any thoughts?

It most likely won't. Our continuous openings seemed to be processed in batches. It won't move ahead of your opening most likely.
HockeySticks  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 2:24:28 PM(UTC)
HockeySticks

Looks like things are moving along. Received an email today that I meet the basic qualifications and the KaSE is next.
sambajuice  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 3:19:21 PM(UTC)
sambajuice

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I also received the same email today. Waiting on the email to schedule the KaSE.
LEOSA17  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 3:27:19 PM(UTC)
LEOSA17

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Same here. I've been studying for the KASE with some other 1811 exam practice books, I'm gonna start reviewing my accounting textbooks as well. Good luck everybody
Woody87  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 10:16:53 AM(UTC)
Woody87

United States

I also received the email saying I passed for qualifications and to wait for the invite for the exam.

Good luck to everyone!
wildct88  
#68 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2021 9:53:13 AM(UTC)
wildct88

United States

Nothing here from the amended announcement.
AllHailTheDead0  
#69 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2021 6:47:02 PM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Has anyone got the scheduling email from panpowered yet?
Asommers  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 6:36:48 AM(UTC)
Asommers

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post

No. Just received an email basically saying it has been delayed.
LEOSA17  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2021 3:28:53 PM(UTC)
LEOSA17

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Asommers Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post

No. Just received an email basically saying it has been delayed.

Same here. Mine says I'll receive an invite to schedule my assessment in the next 2 weeks. I take it, thats what everyone else has received?
Woody87  
#72 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:31:28 AM(UTC)
Woody87

United States

Same here.
WinterPatriot  
#73 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 10:47:13 AM(UTC)
WinterPatriot

United States

Does anyone know if calculators are allowed on the KASE?
GH  
#74 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 9:57:41 AM(UTC)
GH

United States

Does anyone have an idea on how quickly KaSE result notifications are taking and whether they're handled as they come in, or moreso notifications go out in batches? Specifically was hoping to get insight on whether a week difference in taking the exam would matter. I'm higher in the age range so trying to process as quickly as possible.
forensicacc412  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, October 6, 2021 5:50:21 PM(UTC)
forensicacc412

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GH Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have an idea on how quickly KaSE result notifications are taking and whether they're handled as they come in, or moreso notifications go out in batches? Specifically was hoping to get insight on whether a week difference in taking the exam would matter. I'm higher in the age range so trying to process as quickly as possible.

My understanding is that results go out in batches since they are scheduling interviews of the best qualified candidates right after that. For me it was 1-2 months before I received the results of the SA KaSE.
thanks 1 user thanked forensicacc412 for this useful post.
GH on 10/6/2021(UTC)
HockeySticks  
#76 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 7:40:37 AM(UTC)
HockeySticks

Anyone have any insight to how interviews are/will be conducted this around (in person or virtual)?
Red  
#77 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 4:45:53 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Off topic, but recently a couple former CI agents told me HQ is taking agents out of OCDETF and grand jury cases and pushing them to work straight tax (mom and pop) cases. And, as a result, agents are retiring early or jumping ship to other 1811 agencies- specifically Postal Inspectors and OIG outfits. Anybody know if this is just certain districts, or nationwide?
1811BAMF  
#78 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 5:11:56 PM(UTC)
1811BAMF

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Red Go to Quoted Post
Off topic, but recently a couple former CI agents told me HQ is taking agents out of OCDETF and grand jury cases and pushing them to work straight tax (mom and pop) cases. And, as a result, agents are retiring early or jumping ship to other 1811 agencies- specifically Postal Inspectors and OIG outfits. Anybody know if this is just certain districts, or nationwide?

https://www.bloomberg.co...obes-on-silk-road-mt-gox

Not just to other agencies...
professorx  
#79 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 8:17:32 PM(UTC)
professorx

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I guess that's not as exciting for those looking to work on big cases, but I see it as a positive turn. CI mostly takes extravagant cases, which means that high-income individuals and corporate officers who aren't spending millions on yachts and condos get away with serious crimes and an installment agreement.
dubyac  
#80 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2021 9:14:21 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 57 post(s)

I think this is a bit of a biased perspective.

We’re the only agency that can work tax, so we should be working tax. “Straight tax” rarely is “mom and pop.” Complex schemes, conspiracies, tax harm in the millions. International angles, cyber angles, cryptocurrency involvement. I would gladly take a simple mom and pop tax scheme some days.

On the one hand, we contribute significantly to HIDTA, OCDETF, and all those other task forces, and we’re often asked for by US Attorneys on any case involving a significant financial angle.

But we don’t work for OCDETF or HIDTA, we work for IRS-CI, and I think some agents have been on those task forces so long that they forget that. It can also be frustrating to work on those task forces. Some other agencies have hard times with basic things like venue for a case. Or half your teams on a multi site warrant will get the start time wrong.

Working a criminal case is hard, and I’d say any kind of tax or financial case is even more so.

Agents move all the time, retire all the time. Higher speed, bigger or smaller agency. Everything I’ve read on postal inspection online seems great, but the two former Postal Inspectors I’ve met came to IRS because they hated postal. Agents from OIGs join us, agents from IRS leave to OIGs.

Edited by user Monday, October 11, 2021 9:15:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked dubyac for this useful post.
GH on 10/12/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed