Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

86 Pages«<8283848586>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
polisciguy  
#1661 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 11:12:39 AM(UTC)
polisciguy

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: Irish Go to Quoted Post
Taking the PFT tomorrow folks. A couple of questions. The automated emails i get from FBINOREPLY keep stating theres an attachment of liability I need to fill out but theres no attachment. I found a pft liability waiver online and will bring that to the pft tomorrow, did ya'll do the same thing? Also, are all PFT's on MST time? I ask this because MST is an hour ahead of me and I don't want to show up at 6AM when the time is actually at 5AM. So i'm curious if the time is set for your location or if I have to adjust. If anyone has insight that would be great, Thanks.

I take mine soon. My AC sent out the info for us, and it was in the local time. I would recommend getting in contact with your AC to get the details and the proper form.
Proteus  
#1662 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 11:50:30 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: polisciguy Go to Quoted Post
Taking the PFT tomorrow folks. A couple of questions. The automated emails i get from FBINOREPLY keep stating theres an attachment of liability I need to fill out but theres no attachment. I found a pft liability waiver online and will bring that to the pft tomorrow, did ya'll do the same thing? Also, are all PFT's on MST time? I ask this because MST is an hour ahead of me and I don't want to show up at 6AM when the time is actually at 5AM. So i'm curious if the time is set for your location or if I have to adjust. If anyone has insight that would be great, Thanks.

I take mine soon. My AC sent out the info for us, and it was in the local time. I would recommend getting in contact with your AC to get the details and the proper form.

Same for me. Mine is in my local time. So I'd reach out to your AC to confirm.
Irish  
#1663 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 4:05:20 PM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

AC got back to me and confirmed the time but said the waiver was sent as an attachment. I've tried multiple different browsers and my phone and I can't see the attachment. So I just found the waiver online and will bring that one. I'm pretty sure it will work. Wish me luck and i'll update tomorrow on what happens and if the December class is full. Cheers.
Proteus  
#1664 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2021 6:47:35 PM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)

AC got back to me and confirmed the time but said the waiver was sent as an attachment. I've tried multiple different browsers and my phone and I can't see the attachment. So I just found the waiver online and will bring that one. I'm pretty sure it will work. Wish me luck and i'll update tomorrow on what happens and if the December class is full. Cheers.

Also, I have my PFT next week and there was no waiver attached to the email for me to sign when I signed up. However, I did a practice PFT a few months back and they had the waivers when we arrived. So maybe different field offices do this differently?
FBI_HOPEFUL2373  
#1665 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 5:13:05 AM(UTC)
FBI_HOPEFUL2373

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
FWIW Every time I’ve taken they PFT, they’ve had waivers on hand (brought my own regardless)
App5/20
P1:6/20
M&G:7/20
P2W:8/20
P2I:9/20
PFT:11/20
CO:11/20
PSI:12/20
Poly:1/21
Poly2:2/21
Med:3/21
PreQ PFT 6/21
Irish  
#1666 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 9:12:34 AM(UTC)
Irish

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Just finished the PFT. Couldn't confirm if the December class was full, the proctors didn't have knowledge of classes. Got 18 points.
dathib  
#1667 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 9:37:18 AM(UTC)
dathib

Just finished the PFT. Couldn't confirm if the December class was full, the proctors didn't have knowledge of classes. Got 18 points.

Congrats on the successful PFT! I wonder when final offers start going out. Is it the 2-4 weeks before class starts that the portal says, or do they go out earlier in practice?

Alright2015  
#1668 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 5:58:57 AM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Congrats on passing!! Has your AC mentioned to you if you'll be in the December class or if they are "pushing" for you to be in it?
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
Alright2015  
#1669 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 6:01:15 AM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dathib Go to Quoted Post

Congrats on the successful PFT! I wonder when final offers start going out. Is it the 2-4 weeks before class starts that the portal says, or do they go out earlier in practice?

I would like to know the answer to this question too. My AC hasn't told me anything as of yet.
P1:4/19
MG:12/20
P2W:1/21
P2I:3/21
COL:3/21
EQIP:3/21
Drug:3/21
PSI:4/21
Ply:5/21
Ply2:6/21
Md:6/21
Ref.called6/21
polisciguy  
#1670 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 8:20:32 AM(UTC)
polisciguy

United States

Doubt anyone knows the answers, but what's the competitiveness for some of the FOs? I'm thinking of Boston, New Haven, and Chicago. I am highly considering DC and NYC as well, but I heard that if you want the latter two you'll probably get them.
dathib  
#1671 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 8:22:26 AM(UTC)
dathib

Originally Posted by: Alright2015 Go to Quoted Post

I would like to know the answer to this question too. My AC hasn't told me anything as of yet.

At my PFT my AC gave me a disclaimer about not making any concrete plans until the final offer is in hand, but after that she strongly implied I was in the December class. This made me wonder if in September they were already sure who is in the class why they would wait until late October/early November to send out final offers. Personally, those extra few weeks to get affairs in order would be quite helpful since we wouldn’t have much time on the other side of Quantico…assuming we pass.

Edited by user Thursday, October 14, 2021 8:24:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dathib  
#1672 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 8:29:27 AM(UTC)
dathib

Doubt anyone knows the answers, but what's the competitiveness for some of the FOs? I'm thinking of Boston, New Haven, and Chicago. I am highly considering DC and NYC as well, but I heard that if you want the latter two you'll probably get them.

The few SA’s who I have spoken to about this told me that they put smaller offices in the south as their top choices, and ended up receiving either WFO or the west coast, offices outside their top 10. This a sample size of less than 5, but everyone seems to say places with lower cost of living and decent weather are competitive, while the larger offices are not.

I’d guess one would have a decent shot at Chicago.
polisciguy  
#1673 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 8:37:05 AM(UTC)
polisciguy

United States

The few SA’s who I have spoken to about this told me that they put smaller offices in the south as their top choices, and ended up receiving either WFO or the west coast, offices outside their top 10. This a sample size of less than 5, but everyone seems to say places with lower cost of living and decent weather are competitive, while the larger offices are not.

I’d guess one would have a decent shot at Chicago.

Gotcha. Yeah, I feel like Chicago wouldn't be that hard to get.
polisciguy  
#1674 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 8:39:49 AM(UTC)
polisciguy

United States

At my PFT my AC gave me a disclaimer about not making any concrete plans until the final offer is in hand, but after that she strongly implied I was in the December class. This made me wonder if in September they were already sure who is in the class why they would wait until late October/early November to send out final offers. Personally, those extra few weeks to get affairs in order would be quite helpful since we wouldn’t have much time on the other side of Quantico…assuming we pass.

"Assuming we pass" - I heard the legal exam at the Academy is tough, but I'm assuming the vast majority of people pass it. Buckle down and study hard is all you can do I guess.
dathib  
#1675 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 8:57:48 AM(UTC)
dathib

"Assuming we pass" - I heard the legal exam at the Academy is tough, but I'm assuming the vast majority of people pass it. Buckle down and study hard is all you can do I guess.

I remember awhile back there was some discussion about the washout rate and based on an interview somebody gave and some back of the envelope calculations it seems it’s around 2%. I like those odds but also don’t want to be presumptuous.
polisciguy  
#1676 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 9:04:56 AM(UTC)
polisciguy

United States

If that's true, that'd be pretty much one per cohort, since there's around 50 in each one. Not too bad. I feel you, though. Definitely don't want to let up on any of it.

Edited by user Thursday, October 14, 2021 9:05:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

roony99  
#1677 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 10:59:30 AM(UTC)
roony99

Has anybody on here received their final offer for the December class yet?

jmd4j  
#1678 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 11:53:57 AM(UTC)
jmd4j

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
As the poster stated above, you’ll receive the final offer 2-4 weeks out. Your AC can pretty much give you a pretty good idea of what class you’ll be in, but until the final offer comes from HQ…it isn’t official.

Edited by user Thursday, October 14, 2021 11:54:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Annino  
#1679 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 12:00:43 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jmd4j Go to Quoted Post
As the poster stated above, you’ll receive the final offer 2-4 weeks out. Your AC can pretty much give you a pretty good idea of what class you’ll be in, but until the final offer comes from HQ…it isn’t official.

My FO told me this week that once you are adjudicated, HQ tries to get you into the next available class pending open seats
Trooper23  
#1680 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2021 8:19:38 AM(UTC)
Trooper23

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have been lurking for several years. I have finally made the step and followed through this year with an application. Considering the jump from local LEO to Fed - prior mil. I have two different applications that have traction at this point.

FBI Application

First Applied: 8/2018 – stopped

Second Applied: 3/2019 – Stopped after phase one test (passed) /self-test

Third app: 6/30/2021 (New portal is nice)
M&G 7/13/2021
Phase 2 Written Test Invite: 7/14/2021
Phase 2 Written taken: 7/15/2021 (Still was in the metro area and worked out to schedule right away)
Phase 2 Interview offered: 7/27/2021
Phase 2 Interview scheduled: 8/24/2021
Passed Phase 2: 8/30/2021
COA: 9/1/2021
COA: accepted: Same day
E-quip Start (BI): 9/2/2021 (already had it completed due to another Fed application)
Submitted E-Quip: 9/3/2021
Polygraph: 10/13; notification of pass 10/14
Medical: 10/14
Start calling references: est 10/15 or 10/18

I was given the possibility of April to June classes.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed