Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

60 Pages«<4849505152>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeff_bates85  
#981 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 9:49:50 AM(UTC)
jeff_bates85

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: Lucifer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jeff_bates85 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jade620 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post
Good Afternoon Everyone,
Just wanted to know what the timeline was after the interview was conducted to receive a TO or Rejection Letter? I had applied via the Recent Graduates Program to the Tri-State Area. Thank you in advance.

Wait, they send out a Rejection Letter if you’re not selected?

I actually got a rejection letter today for wave 3 even though I was selected in wave 1

Hi Everyone, Well I have not yet received any letter of any kind but when I looked at my status in USAGOV last night it did say that I was not referred based on number of vacancies (and it took 4 whole months for them to come to this conclusion) so end of the line for now for me. For a department that claims to need so many 1000s of qualified people they have a very funny way of showing it.

Sorry to hear that, Jade. Next fiscal year will be here in no time, and they’ll be doing another wave(s). question, are you seeing this updated status on the USAJobs site or the IRS extension from the USA site? For instance, for me, the usajobs site says “reviewing applications,” and the IRS link (track this application) says “referred to selecting officer,” which simply got me an interview. Thanks for the clarification, and good luck with future endeavors!

Hi Jeff, I'm in the same boat as you. Interviewed toward the end of Sept. and just waiting to see what happens next. Fingers crossed.

Happy to have you along and best of luck! What’ POD did you interview for? Baltimore more, but you prob saw that in my post.
Lucifer  
#982 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 10:22:53 AM(UTC)
Lucifer

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jade620 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post
Good Afternoon Everyone,
Just wanted to know what the timeline was after the interview was conducted to receive a TO or Rejection Letter? I had applied via the Recent Graduates Program to the Tri-State Area. Thank you in advance.

Wait, they send out a Rejection Letter if you’re not selected?

I actually got a rejection letter today for wave 3 even though I was selected in wave 1

Hi Everyone, Well I have not yet received any letter of any kind but when I looked at my status in USAGOV last night it did say that I was not referred based on number of vacancies (and it took 4 whole months for them to come to this conclusion) so end of the line for now for me. For a department that claims to need so many 1000s of qualified people they have a very funny way of showing it.

Sorry to hear that, Jade. Next fiscal year will be here in no time, and they’ll be doing another wave(s). question, are you seeing this updated status on the USAJobs site or the IRS extension from the USA site? For instance, for me, the usajobs site says “reviewing applications,” and the IRS link (track this application) says “referred to selecting officer,” which simply got me an interview. Thanks for the clarification, and good luck with future endeavors!

Hi Jeff, I'm in the same boat as you. Interviewed toward the end of Sept. and just waiting to see what happens next. Fingers crossed.

Happy to have you along and best of luck! What’ POD did you interview for? Baltimore more, but you prob saw that in my post.

Thank you and best of luck to you as well. I interviewed for the PA locations.
thanks 1 user thanked Lucifer for this useful post.
jeff_bates85 on 10/13/2021(UTC)
Rick11772  
#983 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 12:34:19 PM(UTC)
Rick11772

United States

It's been over 4 weeks since I got my to and im still waiting for my fo. My start date is supposedly 12/06. Need to move to another state in 54 days if I get the fo what do I do if they give me the fo in November??? Also my onboarding on usajobs still shows 1 pending task and emailing HR has been useless as they do not respond.
Quicksilver21  
#984 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 12:47:38 PM(UTC)
Quicksilver21

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Rick - I saw some people had the option to pick from dates.
peteyboy123  
#985 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 1:18:35 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So an update on my end- contrary to what a lot of people have been reporting on here in regards to the helpfulness of HR, my HR contact(s) got back to me immediately regarding my inquiry and provided me with the contact info for the individual handling the RG announcement. That person got back to me at 06:30 this morning and informed me I was indeed also selected for that announcement and that offer would be coming soon with the locations offered. Have yet to receive it but at least I got one thing figured out. I am assuming they can use all the same information (i.e. fingerprints, PIV, etc.) for that announcement from the GP one? Also, if I have already passed a TS (w/ SCI) BI for a different agency earlier on this year, could the BI just go ahead and use that one?
jeff_bates85  
#986 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 4:03:03 PM(UTC)
jeff_bates85

United States

Originally Posted by: peteyboy123 Go to Quoted Post
So an update on my end- contrary to what a lot of people have been reporting on here in regards to the helpfulness of HR, my HR contact(s) got back to me immediately regarding my inquiry and provided me with the contact info for the individual handling the RG announcement. That person got back to me at 06:30 this morning and informed me I was indeed also selected for that announcement and that offer would be coming soon with the locations offered. Have yet to receive it but at least I got one thing figured out. I am assuming they can use all the same information (i.e. fingerprints, PIV, etc.) for that announcement from the GP one? Also, if I have already passed a TS (w/ SCI) BI for a different agency earlier on this year, could the BI just go ahead and use that one?

Thanks for your update, Pete. If you don’t mind me asking, how much time passed between your interview(s) and when you received your TO?
peteyboy123  
#987 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 4:14:02 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: peteyboy123 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for your update, Pete. If you don’t mind me asking, how much time passed between your interview(s) and when you received your TO?

I interviewed once for the GP announcement. It was 8/18 or 8/19 and the TO was sent out on 9/10. Have not gotten the official TO for the RG announcement yet.
thanks 1 user thanked peteyboy123 for this useful post.
jeff_bates85 on 10/13/2021(UTC)
Kay Jay  
#988 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 6:03:03 PM(UTC)
Kay Jay

Hey all!

It's been an interesting ride reading the responses in this thread. I may lurk a lot but I definitely appreciate those of you who have been positing here for the past few months. I applied for the RO position because my mom (32 year IRS employee) kept urging me as she was probably tired of hearing me complain about how much I hate my retail sales job. Well I applied to the public (Brooklyn, Manhattan, and DC) and RG (Baltimore only) openings after the early deadline. Received a call to interview on 9/24 for the RG and had no movement on the public announcement until the vacancy notice emails last week. Today I received an email that I was not referred based on the number of vacancies for the GS 7. Wasn't really upset cause that's a hell of a pay cut to take here in expensive Brooklyn. Went to check the status of the app just to see if there was anything updated for the GS9 and nothing. Thought maybe I should check the RG path and saw that it said "You've been hired". I saw someone had a similar experience on here as well. I'm still waiting to see what happens with the GS9 for the public announcement but I have a question about the not referred email for the GS7. Is this for all the locations I applied for? Just wondering. It will help me understand the referral/non-referral for the GS9 when they update me in a few days I guess. Thanks in advance!
Kay Jay  
#989 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 6:07:13 PM(UTC)
Kay Jay

Also, no official correspondence has been sent yet regarding the RG position. I'm excited to start the new journey and am going to have to find a way not to be glued to the my email these next coming days lol.
WinterPatriot  
#990 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2021 7:03:47 PM(UTC)
WinterPatriot

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Any word on upcoming entry level announcements? I don’t qualify for the RG hiring path.
Rick11772  
#991 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 12:08:20 PM(UTC)
Rick11772

United States

What does rg and gp mean?
scottyd27  
#992 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 12:26:10 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 226 post(s)
RG= Recent Graduates

GP-general program
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
jeff_bates85 on 10/14/2021(UTC)
jeff_bates85  
#993 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 5:23:30 PM(UTC)
jeff_bates85

United States

I see comments about contacting HR at the respective POD. Where do you guys find the contact info? Are you simply googling “HR number for city X?” Thanks for the clarification, peeps!
scottyd27  
#994 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 6:01:50 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

There is no HR at pods
Kay Jay  
#995 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 6:11:55 PM(UTC)
Kay Jay

Hey everyone!

Received an update for the GS 9 wave 3 GP today which was a non referral but it also said no selections were made and none will be so it looks like they did all their hiring in waves 1 & 2 maybe. FYI, I applied to Manhattan, Brooklyn and DC for GP.
jeff_bates85  
#996 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 7:15:27 PM(UTC)
jeff_bates85

United States

Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
There is no HR at pods

I see. That helps, some, thank you. Regional HR offices?
scottyd27  
#997 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2021 3:27:57 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Human Capital is in Cincinnati
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
jeff_bates85 on 10/15/2021(UTC)
Kay Jay  
#998 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2021 1:14:19 PM(UTC)
Kay Jay

Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kay Jay Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone!

Received an update for the GS 9 wave 3 GP today which was a non referral but it also said no selections were made and none will be so it looks like they did all their hiring in waves 1 & 2 maybe. FYI, I applied to Manhattan, Brooklyn and DC for GP.

Don't feel bad. I am a former RO, GS-11, with a few years experience and the office I applied to did not select me because they were only hiring GS-09 Veterans and I am not a Veteran.

I hope they hire civilians in the next go around.

I read on this thread that they'll have another Mass hiring announcement on December 2021. Hoping it happens.

Wow that is odd. What location did you apply to? The status on the RG path for the GS 9 updated to “You’ve been hired” which is weird. I hope it’s no mistake. It went from “referred to selecting official” to “You’ve been hired”. I hope I have lol.

Edited by user Saturday, October 16, 2021 1:22:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

XFed77  
#999 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:31:13 PM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone!

Don't feel bad. I am a former RO, GS-11, with a few years experience and the office I applied to did not select me because they were only hiring GS-09 Veterans and I am not a Veteran.

I hope they hire civilians in the next go around.

I read on this thread that they'll have another Mass hiring announcement on December 2021. Hoping it happens.

Wow that is odd. What location did you apply to? The status on the RG path for the GS 9 updated to “You’ve been hired” which is weird. I hope it’s no mistake. It went from “referred to selecting official” to “You’ve been hired”. I hope I have lol.

Congratulations!

Should not be a mistake.

The office I applied for was Houston.

luckydevil  
#1000 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 12:59:17 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Hey everyone!

I got the same email last week for Az. Not referred but said no selections were made or going to be made for wave 3.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed