Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

12 Pages«<9101112>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emaichbe03  
#201 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 2:13:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 98 post(s)
You can wear moisture wicking.

Everyone’s tattoos were out loud and proud.
Honorthecode  
#202 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2021 6:56:15 AM(UTC)
Honorthecode

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: emaichbe03 Go to Quoted Post
You can wear moisture wicking.

Everyone’s tattoos were out loud and proud.

Love it. Thanks!
Dashyfor  
#203 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2021 9:47:03 AM(UTC)
Dashyfor

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Any IA's want to post their FO selection experience? Do IA just get sent to field offices or will they be sent to RA's as well?
Applied: October 2018
P1/P2: December 2018
P3: February 2020
CJO: Feb 2020
Poly: July 2020
BI: Jan 2022
Q: TBD
thanks 1 user thanked Dashyfor for this useful post.
cmar on 8/24/2021(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#204 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2021 11:33:03 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Uniform question:

I am looking at the 5.11 tactical pants and wondering which version was most recently being used/issued. After looking at the academy website and watching some videos it looks like some are the cotton canvas tactical style, and some look more similar to the taclite pro. I can use these outside of work and don't mind purchasing a pair before arrival for sizing purposes and to have an extra pair in rotation. Does anyone know which style would be right?
CriminalIA  
#205 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2021 12:30:48 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Honorthecode Go to Quoted Post
They just aren’t very clear on the material. Obviously some sort of wicking undershirt would be better but not sure if they want it to be cotton (and thank you).

I was a passenger in a vehicle with a driver that was making my heart race (read: almost in an accident several times 😳) when I read the question... And just realized that although I thought the question was about color, it wasn't. Sorry! I should've paid more attention! 🤦‍♀️
thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
Honorthecode on 8/26/2021(UTC)
BlueRidge73  
#206 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 2:24:34 AM(UTC)
BlueRidge73

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Honorthecode Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jcam85 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jreff22 Go to Quoted Post
Make sure you have business attire and business casual attire with you.

How often are you in business casual attire? I plan on taking 2 suits and 4 dress shirts for business attire, but wondering if 1 pair of khaki pants and 1 or 2 polos would be enough for business casual...

Also, I'm certain I'll have to wear long-sleeved undershirts because I have tattoos, are there any restrictions on what kind of fabric/brand it has to be?

Anybody have an answer to the long sleeves question? I have tattoos as well and am expecting to have to cover them during the academy.

Thanks!

Like other posters indicated, visible tattoos are OK as long as they are not offensive. I have full sleeves and there were a lot of other students with visible ink. To my knowledge nobody was asked to cover them.

I brought 5 navy blue moisture-wicking shirts (Under Armour heat-gear knock-offs) just in case. I wore them a couple times on the range to keep the sun off. Some folks had the same in black. No issues with either.
thanks 1 user thanked BlueRidge73 for this useful post.
1811_Z on 9/4/2021(UTC)
BlueRidge73  
#207 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2021 2:27:50 AM(UTC)
BlueRidge73

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FuzzyWuzzy Go to Quoted Post
I read somewhere about "suitability notations" during the Academy. Word is that once you have enough of these, you get called to a review board and can get dropped from the Academy.

Do you get them from normal infractions like being late to class, not bringing your books to class, or failing at a training event? It sounds like demerits you can get in some military schools such as not packing the correct packing lists or being out of uniform.

Any insight that can be shared will be appreciated. If you are on time to all of your classes and events and a decent student, do you need to worry about this?

No need to fret about suitability notations if you are at the right place, at the right time, and with proper uniform/equipment, have a good attitude, and put the time into studying/practicing. They will explain the Academy/graduation requirements in great detail when you get there.
cmar  
#208 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:22:28 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Has anyone with an upcoming academy class reached out to Theresa with questions they’ve had? If so, and you’ve received a response, please share any information you’ve received. I’ve been compiling a list of questions I have about the academy (and after), but I’m not sure when is a good time to pose those questions and if they should be to her!
IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
CriminalIA  
#209 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 6:20:08 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone with an upcoming academy class reached out to Theresa with questions they’ve had? If so, and you’ve received a response, please share any information you’ve received. I’ve been compiling a list of questions I have about the academy (and after), but I’m not sure when is a good time to pose those questions and if they should be to her!

I, too, have questions, but don't feel like she'd be the right person to ask because they are nice-to-know rather than need-to-know things. Here are a few in case anyone sees this and can provide insight:

Do we have roommates?

What's the internet situation in the dorms? Is the cell signal adequate enough to use a personal wifi hotspot, or is that not necessary?

Do we need to bring any bedding items like sheets, blankets, or pillow cases?

Are the field trips still occurring, or have those been suspended due to COVID (9/11 Memorial & Museum, MLK Memorial, Holocaust Museum)? This one is purely for knowing how to pack since I should be in the January class.

Are we allowed - or do we have time in the evenings or on the weekends - to go to the Commissary or MCX if we need anything?

thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
cmar on 10/3/2021(UTC)
Amalgamation  
#210 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 2:20:15 PM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post

I, too, have questions, but don't feel like she'd be the right person to ask because they are nice-to-know rather than need-to-know things. Here are a few in case anyone sees this and can provide insight:

Do we have roommates?

What's the internet situation in the dorms? Is the cell signal adequate enough to use a personal wifi hotspot, or is that not necessary?

Are the field trips still occurring, or have those been suspended due to COVID (9/11 Memorial & Museum, MLK Memorial, Holocaust Museum)? This one is purely for knowing how to pack since I should be in the January class.

Are we allowed - or do we have time in the evenings or on the weekends - to go to the Commissary or MCX if we need anything?

Things are ramping back up after COVID; here's how it was as of September:

-Yes, you have roommates. They might room you separately for a 2-week quarantine, but then you get roommates. No, you don't get to pick your roommates. Rooms are 2 single beds, and you share a bathroom with another room. Bathroom is 1 toilet in a stall, 2 sinks, and a 2'x3' shower with a curtain. You will only be roomed with other IAs in your squad of the same gender.

-The internet situation is decent. The wifi is free, and you can connect up to three devices to it, including your bureau-issued devices. The cell signal is very spotty. Sometimes it'll be normal, sometimes you won't even get notice that someone is texting/ calling.

-Bedding is provided: fitted and flat sheets, a pillow and pillowcase, a light blanket, and a bedspread-type cover. The rooms are kept fairly cool, so if you get cold easily, bring your own blanket or budget to grab one from a nearby store.

-I was there toward the end of the lockdown, and we still did one or two field trips. You're probably not going to go to museums or 9/11 yet, but we went on at least 1 day trip.

-Yes, classes end at 5pm unless there's a presentation that they will tell you about ahead of time; on most nights, you have time to head out to the MCX on-base or local stores in Stafford. There will be days where you are slammed with homework, but those were not the first few weeks.
thanks 2 users thanked Amalgamation for this useful post.
Anon1989 on 10/21/2021(UTC), CriminalIA on 10/21/2021(UTC)
Annino  
#211 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 3:08:20 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post

Do we have roommates?

-Yes, you have roommates. They might room you separately for a 2-week quarantine, but then you get roommates. No, you don't get to pick your roommates. Rooms are 2 single beds, and you share a bathroom with another room. Bathroom is 1 toilet in a stall, 2 sinks, and a 2'x3' shower with a curtain. You will only be roomed with other IAs in your squad of the same gender.

-The internet situation is decent. The wifi is free, and you can connect up to three devices to it, including your bureau-issued devices. The cell signal is very spotty. Sometimes it'll be normal, sometimes you won't even get notice that someone is texting/ calling.

-Bedding is provided: fitted and flat sheets, a pillow and pillowcase, a light blanket, and a bedspread-type cover. The rooms are kept fairly cool, so if you get cold easily, bring your own blanket or budget to grab one from a nearby store.

-I was there toward the end of the lockdown, and we still did one or two field trips. You're probably not going to go to museums or 9/11 yet, but we went on at least 1 day trip.

-Yes, classes end at 5pm unless there's a presentation that they will tell you about ahead of time; on most nights, you have time to head out to the MCX on-base or local stores in Stafford. There will be days where you are slammed with homework, but those were not the first few weeks.

Thank you. Are they allowing people off base for overnights yet?
Amalgamation  
#212 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 3:35:49 PM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post

Thank you. Are they allowing people off base for overnights yet?

Yes, as of mid-October, you can leave overnight.
thanks 1 user thanked Amalgamation for this useful post.
BoundMorpheme on 10/21/2021(UTC)
Dispatch  
#213 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 4:27:10 AM(UTC)
Dispatch

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Few low priority questions if you have time.

1. Was PT in the morning M/W/F and was it usually just circuit training? Just curious, currently work nights and will have to learn to switch my schedule around pretty quick, was going to start doing things different if that was what previous classes experienced.

2. I’ve read about the food situation, but what about stuff like Coffee? I read previously you can’t have a coffee maker in your room, but I’m assuming they would serve it during meals? Can’t be the only one with a crippling coffee addiction.

3. Were you able to bring a laptop or a iPad / should you bring one to do work?

4. What service for the cell phone do you have? You mentioned it’s spotty. I posted in another thread that I have AT&T because its the only thing that works were I live now, but would switch to whatever if it works down there.

Thanks

CriminalIA  
#214 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 4:45:45 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Dispatch Go to Quoted Post

1. Was PT in the morning M/W/F and was it usually just circuit training? Just curious, currently work nights and will have to learn to switch my schedule around pretty quick, was going to start doing things different if that was what previous classes experienced.

2. I’ve read about the food situation, but what about stuff like Coffee? I read previously you can’t have a coffee maker in your room, but I’m assuming they would serve it during meals? Can’t be the only one with a crippling coffee addiction.

4. What service for the cell phone do you have? You mentioned it’s spotty. I posted in another thread that I have AT&T because its the only thing that works were I live now, but would switch to whatever if it works down there.

Thanks

I'm chuckling at your coffee comment over here because it's a question I wanted to ask but didn't! I wouldn't say I have a crippling coffee addiction (I'm really just a morning drinker - afternoons only if I'm really struggling), but I do enjoy a 20oz mug full every morning. I thought that I could always do press pot, but even then I need nice, hot water and would have to forego the coffee grinder. Better start adjusting now if I will be paring it down to a 6-8oz cup with breakfast. I don't mind, but do want to be prepared. 😁

CriminalIA  
#215 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 4:47:54 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post

Do we have roommates?

Excellent follow-up! Thank you!
Amalgamation  
#216 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 2:39:16 PM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Originally Posted by: Dispatch Go to Quoted Post

Thanks

No problems. I had a ton of questions before I went, too, so I get it. PT is in the morning, and I think it is M/W/F (IAs don't have PT), but you'll be doing physical stuff throughout the day. You can go workout again after class; very few people I know of felt the need to do so. From what I heard, it varied from class to class, but mostly it was "grab a weight, we're gonna do stuff with it" rather than "here's a deadlift station, here's squats, here's curls" type thing. There were people in my class who came in having done little to no training beforehand, and they passed the physicals easily.

Coffee is available at each meal in the cafeteria, but I wouldn't say it's quality. There is a Starbucks in one of the buildings that you can frequently hit between classes; pretty sure they take cash and cards. Once you're in the shared dorms, you can have a coffee maker in the shared kitchens unless people start being dumb about it. Several people I know went with cold press or powdered, and one particular afficiando brought their own bean grinder and fancy french press. There are ways to deal with coffee dependency.

You can bring a laptop/ tablet; it is not necessary to do so. They issued us tablets during quarantine, and there are computer labs if you want a desktop to do homework on. If you want to do personal stuff like check your emails, stream videos, etc, bring your own. One thing to note that you may or may not care about: streaming gaming services and some overseas websites are blocked, including games that you have to have internet connection to play. Be aware, if that's your thing.

I have AT&T, but honestly, everyone was complaining about the service. You'll find areas where the signal is good, because people will hang out there and make calls. In the dorm rooms, it i***** or miss.
thanks 1 user thanked Amalgamation for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 10/22/2021(UTC)
Dispatch  
#217 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2021 5:17:26 AM(UTC)
Dispatch

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank you - appreciate the response. Good to know about the coffee and gaming services - wasn’t planning on it but it only takes one rainy weekend to fall off the wagon and end up playing Skyrim.
Amalgamation  
#218 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2021 6:07:08 AM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post

Just a few random questions (in an attempt to revive this thread):

1. Are there color restrictions on under armour/compression gear worn under short sleeves/shorts while at the academy?
2. I’m a trained musician (went to Juilliard, etc) and I like to practice my instrument (trumpet) to relax. Are there any areas you think this might be possible at quantico where I’d have some degree of privacy and not disturb anyone when playing my instrument? For example, maybe in some buildings classes end at a certain time and are kind of deserted but students still have access so I could practice in an empty classroom? I imagine some stress relief is important while undergoing such an intense training program, so I’m just hoping this is possible before I bring my instrument along.
3. Are there punching bags in the gym? I’ve gotten into boxing over the last year or so and just wanted to know before packing my boxing gloves.
4. Do you have a desk in your dorm room that could fit a desktop computer, or do most people find it more convenient to use the computer lab instead of having their own personal computer while there?

Thanks in advance!

1. To the best of my knowledge, under-gear had to be either black or dark blue during business hours.

2. That's a tough one. Personal 2 cents, I'd say bring it and see. There are empty classrooms after hours, but I truly don't know how they'd feel about music practice. Might be perfectly fine, might not be. Stress relief is important, but honestly, you're not going to have a ton of free time.

3. There are a couple punching bags available, yes. No speed bags, but the large ones.

4. There are desks for each person in the dorm rooms, but a desktop computer would be a tight fit. For security reasons, everything you need to do for training will be on a Quantico device - either the computers in the labs or a tablet (if they're still issuing those; they were necessary for quarantine when I was there). Any personal device you bring will be for personal use only: email, social media, gaming, etc.

satou24  
#219 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 8:29:54 AM(UTC)
satou24

United States

How hard and rigorous is the PT? I barely squeaked by for the PFT to qualify (even after training for it for 2 years) and my running has always been pretty bad. How worried should I be?

Edited by user Thursday, January 13, 2022 8:33:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dashyfor  
#220 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 6:44:58 AM(UTC)
Dashyfor

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
For people who did the October class. What were the holidays like? Did you get to go home for Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years?

Also, very random question and I doubt anyone will know.... Anyone ride horses? any boarding barns near Quantico that would be relatively easy to go to after classes?

Applied: October 2018
P1/P2: December 2018
P3: February 2020
CJO: Feb 2020
Poly: July 2020
BI: Jan 2022
Q: TBD
Rss Feed  Atom Feed