Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
saltysugar39  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 3:25:06 PM(UTC)
saltysugar39

Groups: Registered

I recently had an interview. The interviewer had informed me that they have selected a candidate for the position and are waiting to hear back from HR. My question is, does that mean that I did not get the job since I didn't get the tentative offer, but is it common for the interviewer to tell you that they have selected a candidate even though they are still waiting for a response from HR? They couldn't provide me with additional information until everything is clear. A part of me wants to still hold hope since I just find this extremely odd since most hiring managers will only tell you this when they finally offer the job to their candidate and have a starting date. However, another part of me knows that I not getting the job since I didn't get TO and they already submitted the info to HR. In addition, if I was selected, I think they would at least be able to tell me that they have selected me but as mentioned, they can't tell me anything as of now.
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 5:43:23 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 1208 time(s) in 965 post(s)
Originally Posted by: saltysugar39 Go to Quoted Post
I recently had an interview. The interviewer had informed me that they have selected a candidate for the position and are waiting to hear back from HR. My question is, does that mean that I did not get the job since I didn't get the tentative offer, but is it common for the interviewer to tell you that they have selected a candidate even though they are still waiting for a response from HR? They couldn't provide me with additional information until everything is clear. A part of me wants to still hold hope since I just find this extremely odd since most hiring managers will only tell you this when they finally offer the job to their candidate and have a starting date. However, another part of me knows that I not getting the job since I didn't get TO and they already submitted the info to HR. In addition, if I was selected, I think they would at least be able to tell me that they have selected me but as mentioned, they can't tell me anything as of now.
All offers come from HR. So even if you were the person selected, the hiring official cannot tell you as it has to come from HR (HR runs the steps to ensure the right hiring authorities are being used, no-one can bump the selectee such as PPP candidate, etc).

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
saltysugar39  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2021 7:29:37 AM(UTC)
saltysugar39

Originally Posted by: frankgonzalez Go to Quoted Post
All offers come from HR. So even if you were the person selected, the hiring official cannot tell you as it has to come from HR (HR runs the steps to ensure the right hiring authorities are being used, no-one can bump the selectee such as PPP candidate, etc).

Thank you very much for the reply. May I ask, do you happen to know what this clearance is? I read on one of the posts saying that selection would go to HR for approval, then TO then background check. Is that the normal process?
frankgonzalez  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 4:05:21 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 1208 time(s) in 965 post(s)
Originally Posted by: frankgonzalez Go to Quoted Post

Thank you very much for the reply. May I ask, do you happen to know what this clearance is? I read on one of the posts saying that selection would go to HR for approval, then TO then background check. Is that the normal process?
That is typical...but like everything, HR is made up of people and mistakes can occur. Usually though, the process is seamless (though lengthy at times!).

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed