Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ronin012  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2021 2:44:36 PM(UTC)
Ronin012

Groups: Registered
United States

Does anybody have any experience with MHBP HDHP? I have a wife and 1 baby and have been satisfied with GEHA HDHP for 2020 and 2021. The MHBP employer HSA contribution for 2022 is $2,400 vs GEHA contribution of $1,800. I did the OPM FEHB comparison already and it looks close to me. Wonder if $600 more a year HSA contribution annually is worth switching for 2022. If anybody has any experience with MHBP HDHP please let us know of your experience. Thanks in advance!
Kaufmanrider  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 8:36:05 AM(UTC)
Kaufmanrider

I believe GEHA is a little cheaper, about $260 a year $10 a pay period if you are paid bi-weekly. So your down to about $340 difference.

Unless you don't plan pn any medical care besides annual wellness (100%) paid for, in which you'd make the $340 difference into your HSA, I'd stay GEHA.

If for some reason you have a major medical issue or emergency, I believe GEHA has a lower Catastrophic limit and a low 5% copay on everything once your deductible is met.

You might want to check out Consumer Checkbooks Guide to Federal Health Benefits. It cost about $10 bucks, but they show you different calculations
and scenarios for your health care, dental, and vision needs.

I've used them for years. GEHA HDHP has the best option for me, however this year, GEHA Elevate tops my list on the Consumer Checkbook Calculation, with GEHA HDHP a close second.

Ronin012  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 4:38:29 PM(UTC)
Ronin012

United States

Thanks for the insight! Are you switching to GEHA Elevate then?
Kaufmanrider  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 6:00:24 PM(UTC)
Kaufmanrider

Yes, I’ve decided to start going to the VA for my healthcare. I can not receive HDHP contributions for three months after I see the VA for anything other then primary care or treatment for VA rated medical condition.
Ronin012  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 6:05:15 PM(UTC)
Ronin012

United States

Ok great to know since I have a friend who is considering a HDHP for open enrollment but also has VA healthcare benefits. Thank You!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed