Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

6 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ramgrad02  
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 7:18:00 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: J435701 Go to Quoted Post
I'm a new user with lots of questions, I'm thankful for all of you and your responses.

Will those who receive CJO be assigned to work in the Field Office itself or can they also be assigned to one of its satellite offices?
Also, Do hiring managers reach out for interviews in November or will this not be until December?
Everyone who received a "meets the qualifications" email, what is your major?

I've heard that the job offer will say the location (which may include a field office) but I believe that would be the final job offer not the CJO. Interview times seem to change every year, so it could be Nov or Dec. I'm a Criminology major (but I have minors as well).
Ramgrad02  
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2021 7:19:47 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Originally Posted by: txhorns2124 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, guys. Kinda new at this, as this is my first time applying with the Bureau. I have 4 different apps pending 3 with the same FO and 1 different FO all for the same position which is odd ? Has anybody had any movement or will we see anything soon? To give some insight on myself, i’m 23 with a bachelors in CJ and a recent grad with my masters in public administration. 3 years experience working at my local county’s district attorneys office and currently a new federal employee. Best of luck to many of y’all!

I'm pretty sure having multiple pending with the same FO is because they're in different divisions! So someone could be an OST with a specific unit or the general operations dept (this is just hypothetical!)
MI0  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 8:05:35 PM(UTC)
MI0

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Found out today that if an FO is no longer looking at you, they’ll simply disappear off of your “under review for” section in the portal!!!
Terrifying to say the least!!! Hope all is going well for y’all through this process!
Ramgrad02  
#44 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 6:47:19 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Originally Posted by: MI0 Go to Quoted Post
Found out today that if an FO is no longer looking at you, they’ll simply disappear off of your “under review for” section in the portal!!!
Terrifying to say the least!!! Hope all is going well for y’all through this process!

Wow, thanks for the info! I only applied to one FO and have never has anything under that section. Wonder if they haven't looked at mine yet (I applied fairly late) or if they've already decided.
aboozer  
#45 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 8:17:23 AM(UTC)
aboozer

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi everyone,
I'm definitely pretty new to this as it's my first time applying for the Bureau, but I've been lurking this forum for a while and hopefully someone can help me out. I applied for three different positions for the CHI, and I've received the "based on your education history you are qualified for..." email, but I received the three emails at three totally different times...the first came in the first week of Oct., the second about two and a half weeks after that, and then my third one a couple of days ago. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it took to be invited to the Phase 1 exam? I know it says you can expect to take it 1-3 weeks after being invited, but I can't find anything on how long it takes to be invited. Any insight would be super helpful!
Ramgrad02  
#46 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 8:19:56 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Originally Posted by: aboozer Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,
I'm definitely pretty new to this as it's my first time applying for the Bureau, but I've been lurking this forum for a while and hopefully someone can help me out. I applied for three different positions for the CHI, and I've received the "based on your education history you are qualified for..." email, but I received the three emails at three totally different times...the first came in the first week of Oct., the second about two and a half weeks after that, and then my third one a couple of days ago. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it took to be invited to the Phase 1 exam? I know it says you can expect to take it 1-3 weeks after being invited, but I can't find anything on how long it takes to be invited. Any insight would be super helpful!

If you applied to the Collegiate Hiring Initiative there's no exam, just an interview(s) and background procedures(like the drug test and poly)! If you applied for the Special Agent position there's a thread on Federal Soup for that as well :)
thanks 1 user thanked Ramgrad02 for this useful post.
aboozer on 11/11/2021(UTC)
aboozer  
#47 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 8:22:25 AM(UTC)
aboozer

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ramgrad02 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

If you applied to the Collegiate Hiring Initiative there's no exam, just an interview(s) and background procedures(like the drug test and poly)! If you applied for the Special Agent position there's a thread on Federal Soup for that as well :)

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the help :)

Ramgrad02  
#48 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 8:27:17 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the help :)

You're welcome, and best of luck!
Ramgrad02  
#49 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2021 7:13:07 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Hi all, just noticed it no longer has the position I applied for listed under "Qualified For". Not sure why, really odd that it would disappear (especially when it never showed it being under review at the FO I applied for). ANyone else have that happen?
knsc  
#50 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2021 6:36:00 PM(UTC)
knsc

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi!
Has anyone heard anything about setting up an interview?
MI0  
#51 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 8:42:34 AM(UTC)
MI0

United States

Hi all, just noticed it no longer has the position I applied for listed under "Qualified For". Not sure why, really odd that it would disappear (especially when it never showed it being under review at the FO I applied for). ANyone else have that happen?

Anything could be happening, so I wouldn’t sweat it too much. AFAIK they do eventually send rejections for this, so I wouldn’t be concerned till I got a rejection. It could be a glitch, you could’ve very briefly been under review and then moved forward in the process but it hasn’t reflected that, etc. it’s too early in the process to be worried, although I agree that it’s odd for it to just no longer display anything. Do you mind me asking what FO you applied for?
MI0  
#52 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 8:44:06 AM(UTC)
MI0

United States

Originally Posted by: knsc Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Has anyone heard anything about setting up an interview?

I haven’t, so far I’ve just had a few offices in my “under review for” tab.

I know last year in the forum it seemed many people didn’t hear till December (or in some cases January or February)
Ramgrad02  
#53 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 8:49:22 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Originally Posted by: MI0 Go to Quoted Post

Anything could be happening, so I wouldn’t sweat it too much. AFAIK they do eventually send rejections for this, so I wouldn’t be concerned till I got a rejection. It could be a glitch, you could’ve very briefly been under review and then moved forward in the process but it hasn’t reflected that, etc. it’s too early in the process to be worried, although I agree that it’s odd for it to just no longer display anything. Do you mind me asking what FO you applied for?

Thanks for the info! It actually updated back to what it was this morning :) For privacy reasons, Ill just say the field office is in the North East region.
knsc  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 12:21:05 PM(UTC)
knsc

United States

Got my first email for an interview!
Ramgrad02  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 12:25:37 PM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Congrats! Curious, when did you apply? I applied a few days before deadline so I probably won't hear anything for a bit
knsc  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 12:40:56 PM(UTC)
knsc

United States

Congrats! Curious, when did you apply? I applied a few days before deadline so I probably won't hear anything for a bit

I applied sept 23!
Ramgrad02  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 12:43:44 PM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

I applied sept 23!

That's awesome, do you mind sharing what FO the interview is with? No worries if not!
knsc  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 12:50:00 PM(UTC)
knsc

United States

I applied sept 23!

That's awesome, do you mind sharing what FO the interview is with? No worries if not!

It was one on the west coast!
Ramgrad02  
#59 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 12:50:56 PM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

I applied sept 23!

It was one on the west coast!

Nice! Best of luck with your interview!
thanks 1 user thanked Ramgrad02 for this useful post.
knsc on 11/17/2021(UTC)
J435701  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 7:10:01 PM(UTC)
J435701

Congrats knsc! Do you you mind sharing what position your interview is for?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed