Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

21 Pages«<18192021>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mgy86  
#381 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2021 6:56:06 PM(UTC)
mgy86

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: CWilliams81 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mgy86 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CWilliams81 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone heard any word about a 2021 announcement? I started an "IA 2021" thread a long time ago to get people's thoughts, and one or two people said they heard it was dropping in November.

I haven't heard anything just yet. Like you, however, I've been anticipating a November posting. I'm hopeful that something gets released soon so we can get the ball rolling on testing and the lengthy process.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear the November timeframe mentioned?

I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt as my source for this has been the kind folks on this forum. My fingers are crossed, but I won't be shocked to see further delay in the announcement.
305Esquire  
#382 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 12:43:13 PM(UTC)
305Esquire

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I emailed Mrs. Tamburrino and got an out of office stating she had retired from the FBI.
thanks 1 user thanked 305Esquire for this useful post.
FreeLocke on 11/15/2021(UTC)
cmar  
#383 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 1:01:48 PM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 305Esquire Go to Quoted Post
I emailed Mrs. Tamburrino and got an out of office stating she had retired from the FBI.

This is…. unexpected. Hopefully there are no lapses when transitioning her work to someone else.
IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
305Esquire  
#384 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 1:11:59 PM(UTC)
305Esquire

Yeah, it was not the best news to get.
cmar  
#385 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 1:21:14 PM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Did it include anyone else’s information for people emailing to send their inquiries to?
FreeLocke  
#386 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 1:22:55 PM(UTC)
FreeLocke

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 305Esquire Go to Quoted Post

This is good to know, thank you. Hopefully no issues will arise during the transition.
Applied - 01/2020
P1 - 2/20
P2 - 3/20
P3 - 12/20
PSI - 03/2021
Poly - 4/21
Ref.Contacted - 8/21
Adj - 10/21
Quantico - 4/22
Navy80  
#387 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 2:15:58 PM(UTC)
Navy80

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My timeline

Applied - 04/2020
P1 -09/20
P2 - 01/2021
P3 - 08/2021
PSI - 10/2021
Poly - 11/2021

Notified I passed poly- 11/2021
KD18  
#388 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 7:08:10 PM(UTC)
KD18

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Long time lurker, first time poster. I spoke with Ms Tamburrino in October and she registered me for the late Feb classes, but said that I would start getting the official emails and documents in December. It's not December yet but with her retirement should I be reaching out to someone to make sure I'm still locked in?

(and if I should, does anyone know who the best person to contact would be?)
cmar  
#389 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2021 7:34:43 PM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Originally Posted by: KD18 Go to Quoted Post
Long time lurker, first time poster. I spoke with Ms Tamburrino in October and she registered me for the late Feb classes, but said that I would start getting the official emails and documents in December. It's not December yet but with her retirement should I be reaching out to someone to make sure I'm still locked in?

I have no clue who we should contact, but if you find out outside the forum please let us know! I’m wanting to do the same.
KD18  
#390 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2021 8:40:12 AM(UTC)
KD18

United States

Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post

I have no clue who we should contact, but if you find out outside the forum please let us know! I’m wanting to do the same.

I just sent an email to the general IASP email on the CJO (I don't have a FJO since I was told I'd get one approx 6 weeks prior to my training class). If I get any response I'll bring any relevant information back here.

Edit: Got an automated response with a FAQ list and a note that if the FAQ didn't answer my questions I should receive a response in 5-7 business days

Edited by user Tuesday, November 16, 2021 9:26:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked KD18 for this useful post.
cmar on 11/16/2021(UTC)
cmar  
#391 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2021 1:16:59 PM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Note: if you send an email to Teresa, the automated response does include another person and their email address to forward inquiries to. I don’t feel I should share their information, but there is someone available in her place.
Amalgamation  
#392 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2021 2:47:11 PM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KD18 Go to Quoted Post

Congrats on getting your class date! I started in early June and didn't get anything until mid-May; the vast majority of people didn't get paperwork until 2 weeks before class start date. Not saying it couldn't happen or they haven't changed policy, but it was very much hurry up and wait followed by frenzied prep work for everyone I know.
KD18  
#393 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2021 4:27:11 PM(UTC)
KD18

United States

Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post
Note: if you send an email to Teresa, the automated response does include another person and their email address to forward inquiries to. I don’t feel I should share their information, but there is someone available in her place.

I never actually received any emails from Ms. Tamburrino. I only spoke with her on the phone. And 100% respect not sharing an email without someone's consent on a public message board.

Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post

Congrats on getting your class date! I started in early June and didn't get anything until mid-May; the vast majority of people didn't get paperwork until 2 weeks before class start date. Not saying it couldn't happen or they haven't changed policy, but it was very much hurry up and wait followed by frenzied prep work for everyone I know.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't too worried before reading about Ms Tamburrino's retirement, but I've been in situations where hand offs were botched so I just want to make sure. I figure one email to reach out isn't too much of a bother.
thanks 1 user thanked KD18 for this useful post.
cmar on 11/16/2021(UTC)
305Esquire  
#394 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 9:54:33 AM(UTC)
305Esquire

Anyone on this thread scheduled for Q on 12/5.
I am confirmed for February. No spots for me in Dec class.
Navy80  
#395 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2021 11:58:44 AM(UTC)
Navy80

Man

A few questions!

1. Do IA's go to 14 non-competitively? I read one post a few years ago on here that said it's true but I haven't seen it anywhere else. Seems odd an IA would be a GS-14 and a SIA would also be a GS-14.

2. Can IA's get stationed at their home processing FO? For example, if I am processing out of Jackson, MS, can I get the Jackson FO as my first FO?

3. How long do you have to be at your current FO before you can go OCONUS? Also, how long until you can be on ERT, and other collateral duties?

Thanks!
Amalgamation  
#396 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 5:25:09 PM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Navy80 Go to Quoted Post
A few questions!

1. Do IA's go to 14 non-competitively? I read one post a few years ago on here that said it's true but I haven't seen it anywhere else. Seems odd an IA would be a GS-14 and a SIA would also be a GS-14.

2. Can IA's get stationed at their home processing FO? For example, if I am processing out of Jackson, MS, can I get the Jackson FO as my first FO?

3. How long do you have to be at your current FO before you can go OCONUS? Also, how long until you can be on ERT, and other collateral duties?

Thanks!

1. No, GS-14 is competitive. There are non-supervisory GS-14 positions, but they are uncommon.

2. Yes, it is possible. I think one person in my class got that without having it as a hardship/ spouse in the Bureau.

3. OCONUS positions are extremely competitive; I believe it's something like 5 years before you can apply. Some collateral duties you will do just by being part of your team. You can apply for ERT and other duties that require further training after 1-2 years.
thanks 1 user thanked Amalgamation for this useful post.
cmar on 12/7/2021(UTC)
Navy80  
#397 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2021 5:31:28 AM(UTC)
Navy80

Man

Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Navy80 Go to Quoted Post
A few questions!

Thanks!

1. No, GS-14 is competitive. There are non-supervisory GS-14 positions, but they are uncommon.

2. Yes, it is possible. I think one person in my class got that without having it as a hardship/ spouse in the Bureau.

3. OCONUS positions are extremely competitive; I believe it's something like 5 years before you can apply. Some collateral duties you will do just by being part of your team. You can apply for ERT and other duties that require further training after 1-2 years.

Thanks for the response! So an IA will go to 13 without competing for it then? Did the people who had a hardship all get their preferred location? My wife is in the guard so I hope to stay close to her unit. Did anyone fail out of the IA academy? Was the academy everything you thought it would be? Lastly, are you able to choose which career path you go? Tactical, collection, strategic? I appreciate your help!
js224  
#398 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 11:52:39 AM(UTC)
js224

United States

Does anyone set for the February class have any updates? Back when I got the call (Oct) I was told I'd get my official class invite/etc. after the new year, then my FJO ~4wks out from my class date. I know it's only 4 days into 2022 and patience is the name of the game, but I'm sure you all know it is! I'm also going to be flying from the West Coast to Q and I'm getting antsy about booking a flight. I plan on holding off until I at least get that class invite and info. Does anyone know if you get reimbursed for travel to Q or if it's out of pocket? I'm assuming the latter, hence wanting to book a flight sooner rather than later. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year all!
305Esquire  
#399 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 12:26:45 PM(UTC)
305Esquire

All great questions. I have no answers for you though. Zero updates on my end, just a reply to an email I sent stating I was confirmed for February.
I'm waiting on any written confirmation from them to resign my current employment and start making arrangements.
cmar  
#400 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 12:52:51 PM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Same boat as Esquire over here. I would also assume getting to Q is on our own dollar though. Wish I could be more help! I will say I am obsessively checking my email lol.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed