Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

6 Pages«<23456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
knsc  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 7:33:29 PM(UTC)
knsc

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/14/2021(UTC)
Posts: 9
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: J435701 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: knsc Go to Quoted Post
Got my first email for an interview!


Congrats knsc! Do you you mind sharing what position your interview is for?


OST!
thanks 1 user thanked knsc for this useful post.
J435701 on 11/17/2021(UTC)
emla  
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 12:32:39 PM(UTC)
emla

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/17/2021(UTC)
Posts: 2

Does anyone know when they are supposed to get back to you after your interview? And if they get back to you with a response regardless if they are offering you a CJO or not?
knsc  
#63 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 1:05:21 PM(UTC)
knsc

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/14/2021(UTC)
Posts: 9
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: emla Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know when they are supposed to get back to you after your interview? And if they get back to you with a response regardless if they are offering you a CJO or not?


from what I saw from last year, typically it only takes a couple days for them to alert you if you are offered a job or not. You should be alerted via email/phone call regardless!
MI0  
#64 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2021 2:08:32 PM(UTC)
MI0

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 21
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hey! Perhaps this is a ridiculous question, but for those of you who applied for multiple positions at multiple FOs, how many offices are you currently “under review for”? The offices/roles keep changing for me, but the number of offices displayed stays the same (5). I can’t tell if somehow every time one hiring manager stops looking at me another starts, keeping the number at a constant 5, or if it just ONLY displays 5 positions (which seems asinine although FWIW I think field offices that are hiring look at all qualified applicants, so the “under review for” section is hardly informative anyhow)
Thanks in advance, and have a great weekend, guys!
J435701  
#65 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 5:30:31 PM(UTC)
J435701

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/26/2021(UTC)
Posts: 8

Thanks: 1 times
Originally Posted by: MI0 Go to Quoted Post
Hey! Perhaps this is a ridiculous question, but for those of you who applied for multiple positions at multiple FOs, how many offices are you currently “under review for”? The offices/roles keep changing for me, but the number of offices displayed stays the same (5). I can’t tell if somehow every time one hiring manager stops looking at me another starts, keeping the number at a constant 5, or if it just ONLY displays 5 positions (which seems asinine although FWIW I think field offices that are hiring look at all qualified applicants, so the “under review for” section is hardly informative anyhow)
Thanks in advance, and have a great weekend, guys!


"...field offices that are hiring look at all qualified applicants..."? This is news to me, so you mean a FO you dont select may call us for an interview? I thought that we were only considered at the locations we explicitly selected. I'd love to know more about this, any sources or conversations would be much appreciated. I'm only being reviewed at 2 locations right now but I hope to be reviewed for more soon.
J435701  
#66 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 5:40:46 PM(UTC)
J435701

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/26/2021(UTC)
Posts: 8

Thanks: 1 times
Originally Posted by: knsc Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ramgrad02 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: knsc Go to Quoted Post
Got my first email for an interview!


Congrats! Curious, when did you apply? I applied a few days before deadline so I probably won't hear anything for a bit


I applied sept 23!



I applied the very first day that applications opened and I haven't heard anything yet so I think its not based on application date. The order in which candidates are notified may be based on a variety of factors like qualifications, distance from the Field Office, the last digit of the Candidate list number, or last name.

Knsc, if its alright would you share if you confirm or deny if the last digit of the Candidate list number is 1 or your last name starts at the beginning of the alphabet? These are just hunches so I'd welcome any other guesses or information if somebody else knows more. I know were all eagerly awaiting some sort of response (hopefully good) soon!
MI0  
#67 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2021 8:36:48 PM(UTC)
MI0

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/27/2019(UTC)
Posts: 21
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: J435701 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MI0 Go to Quoted Post
Hey! Perhaps this is a ridiculous question, but for those of you who applied for multiple positions at multiple FOs, how many offices are you currently “under review for”? The offices/roles keep changing for me, but the number of offices displayed stays the same (5). I can’t tell if somehow every time one hiring manager stops looking at me another starts, keeping the number at a constant 5, or if it just ONLY displays 5 positions (which seems asinine although FWIW I think field offices that are hiring look at all qualified applicants, so the “under review for” section is hardly informative anyhow)
Thanks in advance, and have a great weekend, guys!


"...field offices that are hiring look at all qualified applicants..."? This is news to me, so you mean a FO you dont select may call us for an interview? I thought that we were only considered at the locations we explicitly selected. I'd love to know more about this, any sources or conversations would be much appreciated. I'm only being reviewed at 2 locations right now but I hope to be reviewed for more soon.


Oh, I meant that I assume field offices that are still hiring for the position you applied for there, you will eventually be under review there. In other words, I don’t necessarily believe the “qualified for” to “under review for” process is any more than field offices who are hiring receiving and processing candidates that some machine or algorithm deemed qualified.
I’m sorry if my wording was unclear! I mostly meant that “under review for” may not be a helpful tool to gauge your progress in the process, since I assume if you have been deemed qualified, your selected FOs will eventually view you. It may instead simply be an indicator of who you’ve been sent to (and which hiring managers had to time to start receiving and looking at applications)!
J435701  
#68 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2021 7:09:05 AM(UTC)
J435701

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/26/2021(UTC)
Posts: 8

Thanks: 1 times
Originally Posted by: MI0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: J435701 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MI0 Go to Quoted Post
Hey! Perhaps this is a ridiculous question, but for those of you who applied for multiple positions at multiple FOs, how many offices are you currently “under review for”? The offices/roles keep changing for me, but the number of offices displayed stays the same (5). I can’t tell if somehow every time one hiring manager stops looking at me another starts, keeping the number at a constant 5, or if it just ONLY displays 5 positions (which seems asinine although FWIW I think field offices that are hiring look at all qualified applicants, so the “under review for” section is hardly informative anyhow)
Thanks in advance, and have a great weekend, guys!


"...field offices that are hiring look at all qualified applicants..."? This is news to me, so you mean a FO you dont select may call us for an interview? I thought that we were only considered at the locations we explicitly selected. I'd love to know more about this, any sources or conversations would be much appreciated. I'm only being reviewed at 2 locations right now but I hope to be reviewed for more soon.


Oh, I meant that I assume field offices that are still hiring for the position you applied for there, you will eventually be under review there. In other words, I don’t necessarily believe the “qualified for” to “under review for” process is any more than field offices who are hiring receiving and processing candidates that some machine or algorithm deemed qualified.
I’m sorry if my wording was unclear! I mostly meant that “under review for” may not be a helpful tool to gauge your progress in the process, since I assume if you have been deemed qualified, your selected FOs will eventually view you. It may instead simply be an indicator of who you’ve been sent to (and which hiring managers had to time to start receiving and looking at applications)!


Thanks so much for the clarification I really appreciate it!
aboozer  
#69 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2021 10:10:29 AM(UTC)
aboozer

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/10/2021(UTC)
Posts: 11
United States
Location: Michigan

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any clue on the interview timeline for this? I applied at the end of Sept., got approved for all of the positions I applied for before the end of Oct., but beyond that have heard nothing. I feel I should also mention that while I have the positions I applied for under the "Qualified For" tab, I have nothing under the "Under Review For" tab. Just wondering if I've been quietly rejected or if this is something that just takes time. Any help would be appreciated!
thanks 1 user thanked aboozer for this useful post.
Ramgrad02 on 11/28/2021(UTC)
Bikerrr  
#70 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 6:02:40 PM(UTC)
Bikerrr

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/7/2021(UTC)
Posts: 62

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
When I applied last year, I did not receive an email or call about an interview until January. The next day I received my CJO. My best advice for this entire process is to be very very patient. It may sound difficult, but I promise you, if you act like you're not in this process it will go by much quicker! 1 year later and I am still waiting for an FJO that aligns with my preference/interests.

Originally Posted by: aboozer Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any clue on the interview timeline for this? I applied at the end of Sept., got approved for all of the positions I applied for before the end of Oct., but beyond that have heard nothing. I feel I should also mention that while I have the positions I applied for under the "Qualified For" tab, I have nothing under the "Under Review For" tab. Just wondering if I've been quietly rejected or if this is something that just takes time. Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by user Thursday, December 2, 2021 6:03:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Bikerrr for this useful post.
aboozer on 12/6/2021(UTC)
Jordan Smith  
#71 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2021 4:25:09 AM(UTC)
Jordan Smith

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2021(UTC)
Posts: 1

Hi, i received an email saying i was found eligible and qualified. I read it usually takes some time afterwards to hear about a interview. Does anyone know how they reach out for an interview either email or phone. If email is it the same FBIjobsdonotreply?
knsc  
#72 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2021 4:12:42 PM(UTC)
knsc

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/14/2021(UTC)
Posts: 9
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: J435701 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: knsc Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ramgrad02 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: knsc Go to Quoted Post
Got my first email for an interview!


Congrats! Curious, when did you apply? I applied a few days before deadline so I probably won't hear anything for a bit


I applied sept 23!



I applied the very first day that applications opened and I haven't heard anything yet so I think its not based on application date. The order in which candidates are notified may be based on a variety of factors like qualifications, distance from the Field Office, the last digit of the Candidate list number, or last name.

Knsc, if its alright would you share if you confirm or deny if the last digit of the Candidate list number is 1 or your last name starts at the beginning of the alphabet? These are just hunches so I'd welcome any other guesses or information if somebody else knows more. I know were all eagerly awaiting some sort of response (hopefully good) soon!


Hi, without revealing that amount of information I can tell you that the theory of last names, distance, candidate number is incorrect. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason for how they do their process, I think it is to just trust the process
aboozer  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2021 11:15:22 AM(UTC)
aboozer

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/10/2021(UTC)
Posts: 11
United States
Location: Michigan

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi all, just wanted to update my last post and say I got my first position under the "Under Review For" tab! It's been at least a couple of days since I last checked it, so I'm not sure when exactly it went up, but hopefully soon I hear from someone about an interview.
finmas  
#74 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 10:41:38 AM(UTC)
finmas

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/11/2021(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States
Location: USA

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Anyone else get word about an interview? I applied on 9/23, was first notified of being qualified on 10/2, and as of 12/11 it is showing I am under review for 8 postings, but I've still not heard anything about an interview. I was scrolling through last year's thread and it seemed a lot of applicants got an interview scheduled in late November or early December. Some were Jan/Feb.

I know it's a lengthy process, but I'm wondering if it's going to be a little later for us this cycle. Or maybe it's just me?
thanks 2 users thanked finmas for this useful post.
FinallyFBI22 on 12/11/2021(UTC), aboozer on 12/11/2021(UTC)
J435701  
#75 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 7:10:37 PM(UTC)
J435701

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/26/2021(UTC)
Posts: 8

Thanks: 1 times
Originally Posted by: finmas Go to Quoted Post
Anyone else get word about an interview? I applied on 9/23, was first notified of being qualified on 10/2, and as of 12/11 it is showing I am under review for 8 postings, but I've still not heard anything about an interview. I was scrolling through last year's thread and it seemed a lot of applicants got an interview scheduled in late November or early December. Some were Jan/Feb.

I know it's a lengthy process, but I'm wondering if it's going to be a little later for us this cycle. Or maybe it's just me?


I was wondering the same thing, it seemed like a lot more people had been contacted and extended an interview by this time last year. I would also love to hear if anyone knows more about this.
RW2022  
#76 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2021 6:40:27 AM(UTC)
RW2022

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/20/2018(UTC)
Posts: 12
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 32 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: J435701 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: finmas Go to Quoted Post
Anyone else get word about an interview? I applied on 9/23, was first notified of being qualified on 10/2, and as of 12/11 it is showing I am under review for 8 postings, but I've still not heard anything about an interview. I was scrolling through last year's thread and it seemed a lot of applicants got an interview scheduled in late November or early December. Some were Jan/Feb.

I know it's a lengthy process, but I'm wondering if it's going to be a little later for us this cycle. Or maybe it's just me?


I was wondering the same thing, it seemed like a lot more people had been contacted and extended an interview by this time last year. I would also love to hear if anyone knows more about this.


I agree. Looking at last year's posts. Lots of applicants had interviews by this time in 2020.
Also, are interviews in person only, or over the phone, or virtual? One of the FO's I applied to is a 10-hour drive. Just wondering.
txhorns2124  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 11:35:03 AM(UTC)
txhorns2124

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/15/2021(UTC)
Posts: 8
United States
Location: texas

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Anybody have any moment so far ?
Ramgrad02  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 6:20:34 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/31/2021(UTC)
Posts: 24

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
A bit of good news! I contacted a recruiter at my local FO and asked about not having any offices listed Under Review yet. He said that it's because my app hasn't been looked at yet... I was worried I had already been denied so they're probably just backed up from Covid/last year's group.
thanks 2 users thanked Ramgrad02 for this useful post.
RW2022 on 1/5/2022(UTC), aboozer on 1/10/2022(UTC)
knsc  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 2:32:15 PM(UTC)
knsc

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/14/2021(UTC)
Posts: 9
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Anyone hear anything or have any updates? I feel like I had a few and then it all stopped after thanksgiving. Hoping to hear something soon
aboozer  
#80 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 6:51:52 AM(UTC)
aboozer

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/10/2021(UTC)
Posts: 11
United States
Location: Michigan

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: knsc Go to Quoted Post
Anyone hear anything or have any updates? I feel like I had a few and then it all stopped after thanksgiving. Hoping to hear something soon


I haven't heard anything since Thanksgiving either. Wonder if things maybe slowed down because of the holidays. Like a lot of people have said before, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and being patient is the best way to approach all of this. Hope you see some movement soon!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages«<23456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.1 | YAF © 2003-2022, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.044 seconds.