Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

32 Pages«<303132
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CalKent  
#621 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2021 9:41:05 PM(UTC)
CalKent

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WasteAbalone Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: specializedRB Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WasteAbalone Go to Quoted Post
Anybody have any updates or information on ISO 1 at Laguna Niguel? It’s going on 2 months since the Writing Assessment and references were contacted.

Not CSC specific; however, interviews at the VSC were conducted months ago and still nothing.

I know that some federal agencies are waiting to see what happens with the continuing resolution that ends on 12/03 to continue the hiring process because of the gridlock in Congress.

They don't want to schedule hiring actions and then see a possible Government Shutdown like it happened during the end of 2018/beginning of 2019, interfere with their plans.

Following that concern I know of a federal agency that is not USCIS that scheduled start dates for new employees on 11/08/2021 and 01/03/2022, avoiding December altogether because of the continuing resolution concern and also because December is Holiday season and many human resources employees are on vacation or out the whole month with use or lose.

I'm a federal employee waiting for an ISO position so I'm thinking the next EODs for the POD I'm applying for will be January 2022 and thereafter.

I hope the potential shutdown is the reason for the delay. I was starting to wonder if I just wasn’t selected for the position as it’s already going on 2 months since my references were contacted and I know USCIS is fee funded.

I’m also a current fed with another agency, and management at my office has started preparing for a possible shutdown in December as well.

Good luck to everyone who applied and I hope we all hear back sooner than later.

I recently heard that another reason for the delay is the Vaccine Mandate of November 22, 2021. There might be a few employees, current and new, who will not to get vaccinated and could be potentially terminated/not hired if the mandate is not rescinded/amended or they are granted an exemption, (religious of health related). So, additional vacancies can be created by the current employees in the aforementioned situation and it wouldn't had made sense to hire new employees a few weeks ago some of whom could have opted not to be vaccinated and be on the payroll for a few weeks and then quit/get terminated. Since they would get 5 days of counseling after Nov 22, 2 weeks without pay after that if they are still not vaccinated and then potential termination, besides any lawsuits/legal proceedings, that could potentially take the hiring process well into December/January 2022 or later... Hopefully not.

Thanks for the insight. I finished an interview for an ISO position weeks ago and was supposed to hear back over a week ago on their response. I have an "onboarding" tab on the application site now, but of course no confirmation yet... As you can imagine, it's anxiety inducing. Where did you hear the vaccine mandate was part of the delay?
Nick777  
#622 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 9:22:36 AM(UTC)
Nick777

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Has anyone received a TO or notification for the ISO Mass Hiring for ISO 1 Lee's Summit?

I took the Writing Assessment about 32 days ago. They are usually good at notifications within 30 days of actions taken.

I know this is Thanksgiving week and a lot of federal employees are off and that slows down the hiring process. Also, next week is the end of the current Continuing Resolution (12/3/2021) and this can also be a factor. Agencies might wait to see if the CR is extended, Budget approved or a Shutdown happens.

RIPTikiCat  
#623 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2021 5:38:18 PM(UTC)
RIPTikiCat

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Nope. Not yet at least! Did the writing assessment that day too. Still sitting at BQ- Referred. Couple of people I know who also applied are in the same boat as well.

Edited by user Friday, November 26, 2021 7:50:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo.

thanks 1 user thanked RIPTikiCat for this useful post.
Nick777 on 11/25/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed