Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MarieR  
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2021 8:07:41 PM(UTC)
MarieR

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: 293048fbi Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MarieR Go to Quoted Post
I'm so nervous. It's been 2 weeks and we still haven't heard. I hope we hear back soon because I'm so anxious.

I called my local FO today and they told me that interviews should start happening between nov 5-18. That’s all I know. You might want to call your local FO if you want some more info.

omg so when will they call us about whether or not we get an interview???? do we get a call or an email

I honestly don’t know. My local FO already has resumes but my top one location hasn’t received resumes yet so they can’t even start interviews. Their schedule got messed up.
CMF139!  
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2021 8:37:01 PM(UTC)
CMF139!

It is the third year I have applied for this internship. The first year, I got an interview, but was not chosen. They called me when I was in class and left a message. The second year, I got a rejection email. I have not heard anything from my top field office yet about my most recent application. For my current job, I was required to pass an FBI background check. I wonder if my previous applications and a background check would impact anything.
Geiseric  
#23 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2021 6:09:43 PM(UTC)
Geiseric

I am excited for all of you :)

I applied for mine in Early October and am slowly waiting for a response.
beepboop  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 11:17:44 AM(UTC)
beepboop

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good news. Just got a call from my top choice FO. They said I've been selected for an interview. Somebody will be in touch with me to schedule an interview. They are starting to call people.
thanks 2 users thanked beepboop for this useful post.
MarieR on 11/8/2021(UTC), Geiseric on 11/8/2021(UTC)
MarieR  
#25 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 11:20:29 AM(UTC)
MarieR

Originally Posted by: beepboop Go to Quoted Post
Good news. Just got a call from my top choice FO. They said I've been selected for an interview. Somebody will be in touch with me to schedule an interview. They are starting to call people.

Do you mind sharing your top choice FO?
beepboop  
#26 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 11:31:19 AM(UTC)
beepboop

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MarieR Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: beepboop Go to Quoted Post

Do you mind sharing your top choice FO?

I would rather keep it off the forum. It’s the South West region of the US. Hopefully that helps somehow.

Edited by user Monday, November 8, 2021 11:40:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked beepboop for this useful post.
MarieR on 11/8/2021(UTC)
sj18  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 10:52:36 AM(UTC)
sj18

Has anyone received any calls or emails about interviews?
GraysonM  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 1:42:02 PM(UTC)
GraysonM

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sj18 Go to Quoted Post

I got a call from the Boston field office last week and scheduled an interview, but then they emailed me Sunday saying that the DC headquarters is making them postpone the interview process
MarieR  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 1:46:13 PM(UTC)
MarieR

Originally Posted by: GraysonM Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sj18 Go to Quoted Post

I got a call from the Boston field office last week and scheduled an interview, but then they emailed me Sunday saying that the DC headquarters is making them postpone the interview process

I called and was told the same - About HQ holding everything up until further notice. I think it is because they want to reschedule the timelines.
CMF139!  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 10:51:28 PM(UTC)
CMF139!

When I was selected for an interviewed two years ago, they called me. I missed the call because I was in class. They ended up leaving a voicemail and I called them back.
293048fbi  
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 4:28:50 PM(UTC)
293048fbi

United States

god I'm so nervous. I haven't gotten any call yet. do they email and call? also will they call us if we didn't get an interview? did anyone's application status update or change when you got the interview?
Geiseric  
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 5:41:41 PM(UTC)
Geiseric

That's what I was trying to determine today. I tried to call my field office at OKC, and as usual, no one answered, so I called my 2nd choice Dallas, and I was in a queue for 20 minutes, and then I decided to hang up and try again next week.
GraysonM  
#33 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2021 12:32:04 AM(UTC)
GraysonM

United States

god I'm so nervous. I haven't gotten any call yet. do they email and call? also will they call us if we didn't get an interview? did anyone's application status update or change when you got the interview?

for me they called and didn't email until a few days later confirming the interview date/time we set up over the phone. And no they won't contact you until the entire selection process is over which is in either December or January. My application says under review. I can't remember what it said before and if it changed or not.

Edited by user Friday, November 12, 2021 8:37:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

hope98  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 11:11:57 AM(UTC)
hope98

United States

I received an email this morning to schedule an interview, and I scheduled it for next week! Anyone who has already had a phone interview - I would appreciate any insight you could give on what the interview was like! TIA!
VecElessar  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2021 4:31:09 PM(UTC)
VecElessar

United States

Originally Posted by: hope98 Go to Quoted Post
I received an email this morning to schedule an interview, and I scheduled it for next week! Anyone who has already had a phone interview - I would appreciate any insight you could give on what the interview was like! TIA!

GraysonM  
#36 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2021 5:33:15 AM(UTC)
GraysonM

United States

Originally Posted by: hope98 Go to Quoted Post

I had my interview the other day, it was on video call. I signed an NDA so I can't talk about specifics, but I'd suggest if your school has a career center that offers mock interviews/interview prep advising meetings, definitely take advantage of that! That's what I did and it really helped. Good luck!
thanks 1 user thanked GraysonM for this useful post.
hope98 on 11/28/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed