Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nekro  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 7:41:54 AM(UTC)
Nekro

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Still haven't heard anything since receiving the TO email on 10/30. Did the onboarding on 10/31 and submitted but complete silence after that. Sent multiple emails to HR with no responses. I did order transcripts and they were emailed to HR on 11/1 and they were finally retrieved by HR on 11/15 (was sent a electronic receipt) but still no contact. Still have yet to receive fingerprints or e-quip emails. Anyone else have a similar experience like myself, it's a nerve-racking feeling being in the dark. Fingers crossed.
Woodytech21  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 7:48:08 AM(UTC)
Woodytech21

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Give it time, HR will definitely contact you with fingerprint. However, as worst case apply for other positions because HR can reject the T.O. I understand you in waiting game but HR will definitely reach back to you, especially if you have one who will do their jobs correctly. Remember, Holiday is right around corner. If you don't hear anything this week. Most definitely you should hear something back in December before Christmas. My two cent. Hope this help.
thanks 1 user thanked Woodytech21 for this useful post.
Nekro on 11/17/2021(UTC)
Nekro  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, November 17, 2021 7:53:50 AM(UTC)
Nekro

United States

Originally Posted by: Woodytech21 Go to Quoted Post
Give it time, HR will definitely contact you with fingerprint. However, as worst case apply for other positions because HR can reject the T.O. I understand you in waiting game but HR will definitely reach back to you, especially if you have one who will do their jobs correctly. Remember, Holiday is right around corner. If you don't hear anything this week. Most definitely you should hear something back in December before Christmas. My two cent. Hope this help.

Thanks for your input. I am wondering if I would even need to do finger prints or backgrounds since I am currently in the BOP and did my 5 year background a little over a year ago. The waiting in the dark is so hard, but understand with the holidays not much gets done at least where I work. Thanks again.
thanks 1 user thanked Nekro for this useful post.
Woodytech21 on 11/17/2021(UTC)
Nekro  
#64 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2021 6:44:58 AM(UTC)
Nekro

United States

Well still nothing after my TO back on 10/30. No finger print or E-Quip emails but maybe they don't need it since I'm currently FLEO idk could be wrong. Been emailing HR weekly and never get a response. This process of being in the dark is really getting to me now...
Woodytech21  
#65 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2021 8:19:31 AM(UTC)
Woodytech21

United States

Originally Posted by: Nekro Go to Quoted Post
Well still nothing after my TO back on 10/30. No finger print or E-Quip emails but maybe they don't need it since I'm currently FLEO idk could be wrong. Been emailing HR weekly and never get a response. This process of being in the dark is really getting to me now...

My guess, you might have to wait until New Years. Hopefully someone reach out soon. I wouldn't continue to email HR because they are busy as well with so much going on.
thanks 1 user thanked Woodytech21 for this useful post.
Nekro on 12/10/2021(UTC)
Woodytech21  
#66 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2021 8:20:56 AM(UTC)
Woodytech21

United States

Correction: after New Years..
Nekro  
#67 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2021 8:22:36 AM(UTC)
Nekro

United States

That's what I have been telling myself also :/

That little light at the end of the tunnel is killing me lol
Woodytech21 on 12/10/2021(UTC)
Woodytech21  
#68 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2021 8:30:00 AM(UTC)
Woodytech21

United States

That's what I have been telling myself also :/

That little light at the end of the tunnel is killing me lol

Don't forget about the Bill to fund the government/federal workers was pass last week. Also, we waiting for the increase of pay for 2022 as well. So maybe once those things get settled you could hear something back. Hope this help but it's all a guess.
Nekro  
#69 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 9:29:14 AM(UTC)
Nekro

United States

Well nothing since the TO email back on 10/31, I think I am giving up on this opportunity. Emails have gone unanswered with 3 different people. Thought after thanksgiving and x-mas I would have heard at least something. This f**king sucks being pretty much ghosted after it looked promising.
Woodytech21  
#70 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 9:35:31 AM(UTC)
Woodytech21

United States

Well nothing since the TO email back on 10/31, I think I am giving up on this opportunity. Emails have gone unanswered with 3 different people. Thought after thanksgiving and x-mas I would have heard at least something. This f**king sucks being pretty much ghosted after it looked promising.

I agree, you definitely should heard something by now. Even if it's a rejection. Can you go the USA.gov and review the status of application? Maybe you have to fill out the final offer. Or maybe check your spam folder.. you never know.

Nekro  
#71 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2022 10:34:29 AM(UTC)
Nekro

United States

I agree, you definitely should heard something by now. Even if it's a rejection. Can you go the USA.gov and review the status of application? Maybe you have to fill out the final offer. Or maybe check your spam folder.. you never know.

Yeah nothing on USAJOBS other than just the getting referred nothing in my spam. Ill send one last email today and see...
Woodytech21 on 1/20/2022(UTC)
aggie94  
#72 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 5:10:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
IT will be on a hiring spree from what I hear. They are starting to give recruitment bonus to internal IRS folks to refer family and friends. Keep the faith. We got a new hire on my team that took over a year to bring him on board and he was also a fed from another agency
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Nekro on 1/24/2022(UTC)
Nekro  
#73 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 6:52:09 AM(UTC)
Nekro

United States

Originally Posted by: aggie94 Go to Quoted Post
IT will be on a hiring spree from what I hear. They are starting to give recruitment bonus to internal IRS folks to refer family and friends. Keep the faith. We got a new hire on my team that took over a year to bring him on board and he was also a fed from another agency

Thanks for the info and some up lifting. Hope that hiring spree happens maybe once/if the budget passes. So I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed