Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

19 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dubyac  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 6:15:04 AM(UTC)
dubyac

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 82 post(s)
New announcement for CI opened: https://www.usajobs.gov/...ob/ViewDetails/625233300

The announcement mentions 700 vacancies, 226 PODs.

Something to note: "Due to a change in testing requirements, scores rendered prior to 12/1/2021 will no longer be valid."

As I've mentioned before, if you want to apply, make sure you read the announcement in detail, and prepare your resume accordingly. HR will not infer anything from your resume. That is something that has been stressed in the virtual job events.

Edited by user Saturday, December 4, 2021 6:26:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AllHailTheDead0  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 10:59:34 AM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I qualified for the last announcement but did not pass the KASE. I noticed a lot of the questions on the application were different. Hope I am still able to qualify.

Since the test is different now and prior scores are not counted do you think this will wave the 1 year requirement for retaking the KASE test?
dubyac  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 11:01:02 AM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

I will look into it and find out.
thanks 1 user thanked dubyac for this useful post.
AllHailTheDead0 on 12/4/2021(UTC)
stepup  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 8:24:29 AM(UTC)
stepup

United States

Anyone else take the job sim and hear back yet?
Catspajamas1811  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 9:20:18 AM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stepup Go to Quoted Post

Applied 12/4, received link for assessment 12/4, took assessment 12/5. Do you expect to normally hear back that quickly?
stepup  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 9:22:07 AM(UTC)
stepup

United States

Originally Posted by: Catspajamas1811 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: stepup Go to Quoted Post

Applied 12/4, received link for assessment 12/4, took assessment 12/5. Do you expect to normally hear back that quickly?

Not sure! I have a similar timeline, waiting on results from the assessment now. Would be great if it kept moving at this pace, but definitely not happening lol

Spaceman_Spiff  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 9:36:41 AM(UTC)
Spaceman_Spiff

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Thanks dubyac, I had a saved search but this posting did not come up. I interviewed for the hiring in 2019 & 2020. I was not selected in 2019. The week before the 2020 interview I realized I did not meet the vision requirement. I had Lasik performed this summer so I'll try again.
dubyac  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 7:54:26 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Details have been sparse regarding the change. I’d say there’s no harm in applying again.

I’ll pass along what I can when I find out.
AccountingGrad  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 7:16:20 PM(UTC)
AccountingGrad

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This new posting has telework eligible as no, while all the previous had yes, did something change?
dubyac  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 8:12:22 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Originally Posted by: AccountingGrad Go to Quoted Post
This new posting has telework eligible as no, while all the previous had yes, did something change?

IRS as a whole is still under mandatory telework, so day to day most of us are teleworking.

Nothing has changed. The announcements seem to have some differences between them (ie one stating TS clearance was required when others were high public trust).

AllHailTheDead0  
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 9:43:58 PM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
assessment was the exact same. Interested to see if the KASE exam has changed at all.
AccountingGrad  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 12, 2021 10:17:19 PM(UTC)
AccountingGrad

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1811BAMF Go to Quoted Post

the old chief attempted to kill telework a few weeks before covid came along and then everyone was mandated to telework.

the million dollar question is what the new telework policy is going to be after everyone has been working from home for the past two years and doing their job just fine.

when they require people to come back into the office there will be a mass exodus of anyone eligible to retire and people will be on usajobs daily.

Not gonna lie, if telework is disallowed completely when covid ends I will have a much harder decision on my hands if I get an offer since both RA/Auditor positions can almost full telework as well as telework becoming very common in the private sector

Edited by user Sunday, December 12, 2021 10:17:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 8:48:14 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 75 post(s)

the old chief attempted to kill telework a few weeks before covid came along and then everyone was mandated to telework.

the million dollar question is what the new telework policy is going to be after everyone has been working from home for the past two years and doing their job just fine.

when they require people to come back into the office there will be a mass exodus of anyone eligible to retire and people will be on usajobs daily.

Not gonna lie, if telework is disallowed completely when covid ends I will have a much harder decision on my hands if I get an offer since both RA/Auditor positions can almost full telework as well as telework becoming very common in the private sector

Oh boy. While we telework, we are in the field A LOT and half the time it's not scheduled field work like an RA. And while we have been on telework due to COVID, I need to still go into the office to print, mail stuff, for meetings, etc. Even more so, I spend plenty of time at the prosecutors office, conducting interviews, and going to court. If you think telework means you will be sitting comfortably in your house 3-5 days a week, I promise anyone who will ask, it is not. You will be a rookie agent that needs to learn the job which means you will not be teleworking often even if telework policy remains as it is. When we are recalled back to the office, you will probably be in the office more than anyone else. Rookie agents in my office go into the office pretty much daily unless they are out in the field anyway.

If telework is your hill to die on then CI is definitely not for you. Even when we had telework, there were no set days and it was telework, as needed, with a maximum for 2 days a pay period. The prior chief tried getting rid of that telework policy.
1811BAMF  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 9:30:45 AM(UTC)
1811BAMF

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 11 post(s)
IRS has been mandatory telework for the last two years and according to the recently released annual report it was the best year ever. Why go back to an office? hmmmm

Edited by user Monday, December 13, 2021 9:32:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Catspajamas1811  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 9:41:34 AM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
IRS has been mandatory telework for the last two years and according to the recently released annual report it was the best year ever. Why go back to an office? hmmmm

Based on your comment before you edited it I’m not sure you understand the position. CI operates differently than the IRS as a whole.

As a RA hired during mandatory telework it was a bad experience. We still haven’t had all of our training, the OJI experience was hugely lacking, and I know none of my group.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 9:41:50 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Take that up with management.
TDnike2189  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2021 2:50:35 PM(UTC)
TDnike2189

I just started a job as a revenue officer. Do I have to stay in that position a year before I can apply for other positions? Or could I leave to this job if I am God willing selected? Please help any information would be appreciated.
dubyac  
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2021 5:18:37 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Originally Posted by: TDnike2189 Go to Quoted Post
I just started a job as a revenue officer. Do I have to stay in that position a year before I can apply for other positions? Or could I leave to this job if I am God willing selected? Please help any information would be appreciated.

As far as I know, no. May burn some bridges on the civil side though.
Fed0512  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2021 8:40:51 PM(UTC)
Fed0512

United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)
You can leave. No rational manager would expect you to stay. Good luck!
FL1811  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2021 1:01:45 PM(UTC)
FL1811

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Did anyone get an email after taking the assessment at least acknowledging you finished it? In the past there was but I didn’t get one this time
Rss Feed  Atom Feed