Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

99 Pages«<96979899>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RustinCohle  
#1941 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2021 12:11:39 PM(UTC)
RustinCohle

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Approaching 11 months background.... Just noticed that in the portal my polygraph is no longer a green check and is listed as the next step. I was told I passed the poly in February and went on to medical / background / psych. Is this a glitch or am I approaching some kind of timeline where I need another poly?
cmar  
#1942 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2021 12:14:26 PM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RustinCohle Go to Quoted Post
Approaching 11 months background.... Just noticed that in the portal my polygraph is no longer a green check and is listed as the next step. I was told I passed the poly in February and went on to medical / background / psych. Is this a glitch or am I approaching some kind of timeline where I need another poly?

I was in background for over a year and wasn’t required to complete another polygraph.
IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
Annino  
#1943 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2021 4:21:21 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RustinCohle Go to Quoted Post

This is potentially good news. It likely means you are out of psych. Look for some more updates soon.
JJ152  
#1944 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2021 11:02:30 PM(UTC)
JJ152

United States

Got updated to "pending final offer" on my portal. Does that means I got favorably adjudicated? How did you find out you got favorable adjudication?
ctnyc21  
#1945 Posted : Tuesday, December 21, 2021 10:46:30 AM(UTC)
ctnyc21

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: polisciguy Go to Quoted Post
Got updated to "pending final offer" on my portal. Does that means I got favorably adjudicated? How did you find out you got favorable adjudication?

See my post above.
RustinCohle  
#1946 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2021 9:57:19 AM(UTC)
RustinCohle

United States

Sorry I know this was touched on a few times, but having trouble finding the posts. Is it true that you have up to a year after completing background to take/pass your PFT? Seeing a lot of conflicting information.

Thanks
Northcalgirl  
#1947 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2021 11:08:34 AM(UTC)
Northcalgirl

United States

Hi All!

Happy almost holidays!

I wanted to reach out and gauge how far along in the process I am and you all have been incredibly helpful in the past. I just received a call and email from my AC today stating that HQ is moving my case into adjudication after about 3 months in background. What exactly does this mean for me? Am I almost at the finish line? How soon will I hear back about whether or not I am favorably adjudicated? She also mentioned that the last piece of information she needed from me was my mobility agreement, and my Covid vaccine documentation. She’s also waiting for my medical to clear as she’s about ready to send that off to HQ.

Any advice would be extremely helpful and appreciated!

Thanks all:) and happy holidays!
RickRolled  
#1948 Posted : Wednesday, December 22, 2021 12:56:34 PM(UTC)
RickRolled

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I’ve been waiting a while to be able to post this but-

Took and passed PFT today! Time to wait on that academy date! 🥴 happy holidays everyone!
NGP  
#1949 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2021 10:39:35 AM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 27 post(s)
@Mookie34 - been trying to respond to your message for days but I keep getting a "403 Forbidden" error. Thanks for reaching out though if you see this.
thanks 1 user thanked NGP for this useful post.
Mookie34 on 12/24/2021(UTC)
Anon1989  
#1950 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2021 3:50:24 PM(UTC)
Anon1989

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NGP Go to Quoted Post
@Mookie34 - been trying to respond to your message for days but I keep getting a "403 Forbidden" error. Thanks for reaching out though if you see this.

I was getting this error too, I think it has something to do with changing the email from a federal email to a personal (at least in my case)
NGP  
#1951 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2021 7:22:14 PM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: No Factor Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NGP Go to Quoted Post

I was getting this error too, I think it has something to do with changing the email from a federal email to a personal (at least in my case)

Yea I don't think that's the case for me. I didn't change anything and its pretty much intermittent, no consistency to it.

Micro34  
#1952 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2021 12:24:55 PM(UTC)
Micro34

Hello!

I have a pretty high combined rating and was rated for anxiety among others. I had my medical exam in early August and they told me all was well for the most part / no issues.

Looks like I am nearing the end of background now.

Is it a guarantee i'll have follow-ups on my va packet? It's been about 6 months and not a peep regarding that or any psych needs, so just curious of any perspectives / when I will get the final 'OK'
App: 9/20
PH1: 10/20
M&G: 11/20
PH II: 3/21
PH II Pass: 4/21
PSI: 5/21
Poly #1: 6/21
Poly #2 (Pass): 7/21
Medical: 8/21
BoundMorpheme  
#1953 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2021 7:27:49 AM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Has anyone been told by their AC that they are officially on the roster for the February class? Not received a final job offer, but that you at least have a spot reserved for you. Thanks.
CriminalIA  
#1954 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2021 7:35:30 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BoundMorpheme Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone been told by their AC that they are officially on the roster for the February class? Not received a final job offer, but that you at least have a spot reserved for you. Thanks.

I haven't spoken to my AC in a very long time. Since adjudication I've only spoken with Ms. Tamburrino or her replacement. I did ask the replacement if she could verify that I was on the list for February, and she said yes. Final offers won't be until January or even into February.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am an IA applicant.

Edited by user Monday, December 27, 2021 7:38:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification

Annino  
#1955 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2021 10:14:20 AM(UTC)
Annino

From my experience, some people are told further in advance that they are on the roster, but you may not actually find out until 2 weeks before class. I know I didn't answer your question, but just wanted to provide some additional context for you. Good luck
cmar  
#1956 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2021 10:16:55 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post

I haven't spoken to my AC in a very long time. Since adjudication I've only spoken with Ms. Tamburrino or her replacement. I did ask the replacement if she could verify that I was on the list for February, and she said yes. Final offers won't be until January or even into February.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am an IA applicant.

Ditto everything CriminalIA said for me too!

IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
ctnyc21  
#1957 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2021 6:37:59 AM(UTC)
ctnyc21

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Does anyone know if you're are able to pick which team you're put on in your assigned field office (eg. JTTF, violent crimes, etc.)?

Edited by user Tuesday, December 28, 2021 6:39:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification

Annino  
#1958 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2021 6:52:58 AM(UTC)
Annino

Originally Posted by: ctnyc21 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if you're are able to pick which team you're put on in your assigned field office (eg. JTTF, violent crimes, etc.)?

Don't know for sure but I have heard that you can give your preference to your new FO. But ultimately, it is up to them. I also think you select Counterterror (CT), Counterintel (CI), Criminal rather than specific violations.
Malibu924  
#1959 Posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2021 7:10:15 AM(UTC)
Malibu924

United States

Originally Posted by: ctnyc21 Go to Quoted Post

Typically your initial placement is based on the needs of the particular field office. Larger field offices like New York have an obviously broader scope to the counter terrorism mission than a smaller office would. Therefore a larger office would have a higher number of agents allocated to counter terrorism mission and your initial chances of getting assigned to a squad would be higher. Nothing is guaranteed though.
TCpara  
#1960 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2021 1:22:03 PM(UTC)
TCpara

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How many people have been cleared for hire, asked their availability for the upcoming class, said yes to being ready and available, and then were told the class filled without them and ended up waiting again? Trying to gauge odds of actually making it into February since they reached out and asked about availability.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed