Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

99 Pages«<979899
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ThatGuy  
#1961 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 7:40:13 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ctnyc21 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if you're are able to pick which team you're put on in your assigned field office (eg. JTTF, violent crimes, etc.)?

No you don't get to pick your squad. The FO may put an accountant on a white collar squad or a computer scientist on a cyber squad. But you could be a lawyer and placed on a gang squad. It all depends on the FO and what it needs at the time. Keep in mind if you go to a large FO like NY, you will be on the applicant squad for six months. Other FOs will have you rotate between squads for a few month so you get a feel for everything. But you will still go where they put you. Work hard and you can request a transfer after a few years. Good luck!!

When you say “applicant squad” do you mean doing background investigations for new SA applicants? Also, I had assumed that at a larger office like NY or LA you’d be rotated to different squads since I had heard you have a “book” to fill out showing you’ve done various different duties or participated in various different types of investigations during your first couple years at the FBI. Are you saying that at a large FO you may be put on doing BIs for months on end rather than being rotated among different responsibilities?

The FOs change their process every few years. But I know NY has you on the applicant squad doing backgrounds for a few months. You then get to rotate around. You don't go directly to a squad.
thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
Cody47 on 1/2/2022(UTC), BananaCoconut on 1/3/2022(UTC)
ErochB  
#1962 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 12:04:48 PM(UTC)
ErochB

United States

Got the official call that I have been favorably adjudicated. Now I just need to pass the PFT.

I was also informed that the February class is full so they will start looking at putting people into April and May classes.
LEO2FBI  
#1963 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 3:59:32 PM(UTC)
LEO2FBI

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
That's interesting. So the Feb class is supposedly full. But they don't send out offer letters till the 1st. So is it possible to be in the class, just not know it?

I wonde, because I was adjuticated I'm beginning of November.

Edited by user Sunday, January 2, 2022 4:04:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mission0  
#1964 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 4:19:28 PM(UTC)
Mission0

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LEO2FBI Go to Quoted Post
That's interesting. So the Feb class is supposedly full. But they don't send out offer letters till the 1st. So is it possible to be in the class, just not know it?

I wonde, because I was adjuticated I'm beginning of November.

Did you take your pre-Q PFT already? I was adjudicated in Nov also and took PFT In Dec and was told I'll be on the list for Feb class.
Annino  
#1965 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 4:27:20 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)
So they confirmed that the next two classes after February are April and May? Any ideas on actual start dates for either?

Also, would you mind sharing when your BI started (e.g. when you passed the poly) and when it was completed?

April and June are next after Feb.
thanks 1 user thanked Annino for this useful post.
e2b13 on 1/3/2022(UTC)
BananaCoconut  
#1966 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 4:54:45 PM(UTC)
BananaCoconut

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
So they confirmed that the next two classes after February are April and May? Any ideas on actual start dates for either?

Also, would you mind sharing when your BI started (e.g. when you passed the poly) and when it was completed?

April start date is the 10th
thanks 1 user thanked BananaCoconut for this useful post.
e2b13 on 1/3/2022(UTC)
LEO2FBI  
#1967 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 5:16:58 PM(UTC)
LEO2FBI

Yes I passed PFT 11/9. I received the Feb class availability email from my AC. Just trying to figure out how I'll know if I'm on the roster for the Feb class.
BananaCoconut  
#1968 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2022 9:34:16 PM(UTC)
BananaCoconut

United States

To retake your PFT after passing because you are past the 120 day mark for going to Q, do you click the “retake the PFT” button on the portal or just ask your AC about taking it again? “Retake” sounds like I previously failed it or something so just want to be sure…

You're overthinking it. Just sign up through the portal. They sent out an email about retaking the PFT and scheduling it through the portal as one of those periodic updates from HR. You can basically just do it as a formal practice. They're not going to forget that you passed.
thanks 1 user thanked BananaCoconut for this useful post.
Cody47 on 1/3/2022(UTC)
BlameToby  
#1969 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 8:08:21 AM(UTC)
BlameToby

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey everyone, current east coast applicant and would like to give an update. Spoke with my AC this morning and they haven’t populated the list for the February class. Seems like HQ is waiting for more people to take the PFT.
BananaCoconut  
#1970 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2022 3:05:06 PM(UTC)
BananaCoconut

United States

Originally Posted by: BlameToby Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone, current east coast applicant and would like to give an update. Spoke with my AC this morning and they haven’t populated the list for the February class. Seems like HQ is waiting for more people to take the PFT.

Can one take away from that that there is advantage in taking the PFT asap (even if it might mean retaking later) since if your adjudication is finished you may get on the list for Quantico simply because you have your PFT done whereas others who have been adjudicated already do not have their PFT within the last 120 days?

I think that "Seems like HQ is waiting for more people to take the PFT" was speculation on BlameToby's part, though they can correct me if I'm wrong/if they heard that from the AC.

I'm not sure anyone really knows, other than HQ-HR. Some people have heard from their AC that the Feb class is full, others have heard from their AC that the list has not been set.

Remember in Nov when we were all guessing when the list for December was going to be finalized? We predicted it every day for like a week and a half.

FWIW, I've heard from my AC that we get our FJO before they see the list and that happens 2-4 weeks before. I know there were people targeted for December through my FO who had passed the PFT in October but who were not on the list. I would imagine those people will get priority for Feb unless there are a bunch of applicants close to turning 37 or ex-Navy-Seal CPA/lawyers with extensive cybersecurity backgrounds who take priority over others. I don't think anyone (who will actually tell us) knows how this process works or where we stand based on any given adjudication or PFT passage date.

If you have been targeted for February (received an email asking about availability/vaccination status) and you are ready, you might as well take it now since it will still be valid for April (and it isn't like you get to slack off between your PreQ PFT and actually going, where you'll have to do the PFT again).
JerseyGuy  
#1971 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 5:18:34 AM(UTC)
JerseyGuy

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
A few weeks ago I posted how I saw a green check mark next to my “complete background” as well as a date change. Just got it confirmed from my field office yesterday, I’ve officially passed the background investigation.

My BI was ~3 months if that helps anyone else wondering about timing
JerseyGuy  
#1972 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 5:51:50 AM(UTC)
JerseyGuy

United States

Originally Posted by: JerseyGuy Go to Quoted Post
A few weeks ago I posted how I saw a green check mark next to my “complete background” as well as a date change. Just got it confirmed from my field office yesterday, I’ve officially passed the background investigation.

Was it confirmed because they called you, or did you reach out and they said you were pending adjudication? Seems like our BIs may have started around the same time, but clearly mine is lasting a bit longer (hopefully not too much longer though!).

I called them. I’m not sure what you mean about pending adjudication because my field office told me “you’ve passed the background check and you passed medical already. All that’s left for you is to pass the PFT”

My field office isn’t the best at communication so I have little to no contact with them. I interpreted what they said as take and pass the PFT and then I’ll be on the waiting list for a class date. I’m not sure if that’s the answer you’re looking for
bulldogg88  
#1973 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 10:14:14 AM(UTC)
bulldogg88

United States

Was it confirmed because they called you, or did you reach out and they said you were pending adjudication? Seems like our BIs may have started around the same time, but clearly mine is lasting a bit longer (hopefully not too much longer though!).

I called them. I’m not sure what you mean about pending adjudication because my field office told me “you’ve passed the background check and you passed medical already. All that’s left for you is to pass the PFT”

My field office isn’t the best at communication so I have little to no contact with them. I interpreted what they said as take and pass the PFT and then I’ll be on the waiting list for a class date. I’m not sure if that’s the answer you’re looking for

How long after Poly and Med did yall start background? I finished poly and med in early to mid December.
Also how do you know if they are conducting the background investigation? Thanks!
Annino  
#1974 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 10:41:30 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jk2018 Go to Quoted Post
I received an email asking for my availability for February a month or so ago. Does anyone know, based on experience, if the final invite is always 2 weeks out or does it ever come any earlier. Historically do people get any other sort of indication they made the roster. Trying to find out if I can safely give my 2 weeks notice and have a little time off before the academy starts!

I would not give 2 weeks until you accept the final offer which could come no sooner than 2 weeks before reporting date.
JerseyGuy  
#1975 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 11:05:14 AM(UTC)
JerseyGuy

United States

Originally Posted by: gabulldawg88 Go to Quoted Post

How long after Poly and Med did yall start background? I finished poly and med in early to mid December.
Also how do you know if they are conducting the background investigation? Thanks!

I was told that my background started in the same email I was told I passed the polygraph.
Christ T  
#1976 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2022 10:19:59 AM(UTC)
Christ T

Hey guys just took my poly yesterday after the exam the examiner said that I had hard time on two questions but said that he was going to recommend a favorable recommendation. I’m assuming this is a pass?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed