Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
E_dream1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 12:15:26 PM(UTC)
E_dream1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
was anybody aware that the FBI Drug Policy changed to where if you have smoke marijuana (or different forms as such) more than 24 times, that was an automatic disqualifier? i started my BI at the end of July and was told today that i was dropped from Backgrounds because of this rule....Which was JUST put in place in September.
E_dream1  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 12:18:47 PM(UTC)
E_dream1

to add to this, my background investigation (according to the Background investigator) finished in August 2021 and was passed up to the next level. I also did not know that i was dropped from the Background investigation until TODAY 1/6/2022 when i finally reached out to HR. no letter, no email and the date on the portal has not changed. This whole thing has been really frustrating. Especially since they just added this to the drug policy after i already pretty much went through a bulk of the process
FBI_Wannabe  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2022 8:03:30 AM(UTC)
FBI_Wannabe

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I am sorry to hear that you got DQ'd. I knew that there was a limit to how many times you could use marijuana before it was considered a disqualifier, but I guess I was unaware it was only 24. If you don't mind me asking when did your background investigation start? I find the whole wait-in radio silence to be very frustrating as well. I also understand how hard it can be to work through a long process like this and not make it and my best advice is to hang in there and take some time to figure out what the best move from here is for you. When something like this happened to me it took almost a year to really come out of it and find another path. I know you don't know me, but if you want to talk feel free to shoot me a PM.
GSBS  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2022 10:56:39 AM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 322 post(s)
I use Marijuana 24 times a day on a typical day
E_dream1  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2022 11:42:35 AM(UTC)
E_dream1

Originally Posted by: GSBS Go to Quoted Post
I use Marijuana 24 times a day on a typical day

You must not work for the FBI lol
thanks 1 user thanked E_dream1 for this useful post.
GSBS on 1/7/2022(UTC)
someoldguy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 3:57:24 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1029 time(s) in 870 post(s)
...was anybody aware that the FBI Drug Policy changed to where if you have smoke marijuana (or different forms as such) more than 24 times, that was an automatic disqualifier?

I had to look this up, it is on their website. But it doesn't say if there is any timeframe. One part says any drug use within the past year is a DQ, but this part about the 24 times (after the age of 18) doesn't have any such limit. So I guess it could be 20 years ago or longer. And the investigators and polygraphers are always trying to get folks to round up (well you said ten, could it have been 20?).

Wonder how they came up with that number.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
GSBS  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 11:20:07 AM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Once an hour?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed