Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
organicskw  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 11:35:28 AM(UTC)
organicskw

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
@teeeeej

It wouldn't let me start a new topic about this topic so I posted so that maybe somebody new going through this would answer. Thanks
teeeeej  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 1:12:28 PM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Originally Posted by: organicskw Go to Quoted Post
@teeeeej

It wouldn't let me start a new topic about this topic so I posted so that maybe somebody new going through this would answer. Thanks

I'd say contact everyone who has been your contact so far. Possible none of them know the answer though.
thanks 1 user thanked teeeeej for this useful post.
organicskw on 1/5/2022(UTC)
GH  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 1:29:51 PM(UTC)
GH

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
@organicskw I received an eqip invite after the "due date" for it that was listed in my onboarding tasks. When I emailed my HR contact about a different task and its due date, I was told not to pay too much attention to those dates and that if I am missing a task they (my HR contact) would be letting me know about it. As teeej suggested I'd reach out to your HR contact but wouldn't sweat it.
thanks 1 user thanked GH for this useful post.
organicskw on 1/5/2022(UTC)
scottyd27  
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 4:49:11 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 324 time(s) in 239 post(s)
They likely aren’t going to contact anyone.

And no it won’t be done it two weeks.

Might not be done in 8 months.

My background check wasn’t completed for almost two years when I got hired.
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
organicskw on 1/6/2022(UTC)
Woody87  
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 10:07:09 AM(UTC)
Woody87

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Anyone have any updates on a firm offer? I completed my medical week and I’m curious where others are at in the process.
SeekingNewOpps  
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 1:07:16 PM(UTC)
SeekingNewOpps

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey there, I did medical eval yesterday. Drug test, eqip and all other paperwork done 2 weeks ago. Wondering the same thing... not sure how long it takes to get the final approval/final offer.

Have you heard about potential class dates? Someone posted 1/18 on here and then my contact in my new office said there are classes in Feb and Mar that are still being filled. Hopefully we can get into one of those!
organicskw  
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 1:42:43 PM(UTC)
organicskw

United States

I am going for the Contact Rep position so I didn't have to do the medical or the drug test. The last task needed for me is the E-qip. I know they have people starting on the week of the 17th but I doubt if I am one of them. Hopefully I'll hear something before February.
delois62  
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 6:34:21 AM(UTC)
delois62

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I am going for the Contact Rep position so I didn't have to do the medical or the drug test. The last task needed for me is the E-qip. I know they have people starting on the week of the 17th but I doubt if I am one of them. Hopefully I'll hear something before February.

HI, did you get the email for the E-QIP?
organicskw  
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 6:42:55 AM(UTC)
organicskw

United States

Originally Posted by: delois62 Go to Quoted Post

No, still nothing yet. I've emailed them and haven't got a response yet. Did you receive it yet?
delois62  
#30 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 7:14:18 AM(UTC)
delois62

No, still nothing yet. I've emailed them and haven't got a response yet. Did you receive it yet?

MY sponsor for my fingerprints emailed me last Friday that the department dealing with E-Qip is in the process of reviewing the E-Qip requirements for me. Hopefully we both will hear something soon.
organicskw  
#31 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 7:33:56 AM(UTC)
organicskw

United States

MY sponsor for my fingerprints emailed me last Friday that the department dealing with E-Qip is in the process of reviewing the E-Qip requirements for me. Hopefully we both will hear something soon.

You know what, I didn't even think to email the sponsor because I thought they just handle the fingerprinting part of the process. I am going to email her today. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Keep me posted
delois62  
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2022 7:41:51 AM(UTC)
delois62

You know what, I didn't even think to email the sponsor because I thought they just handle the fingerprinting part of the process. I am going to email her today. Hopefully we will hear something soon. Keep me posted

I will!!
Gal Friday  
#33 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2022 9:48:21 PM(UTC)
Gal Friday

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I don't want to tell my boss on my current outside job I'm leaving until I'm sure I have a new IRS job. When I get a conditional IRS offer and fill out the eqip with references I trust to keep a secret, can I make it to the final offer without the IRS contacting my boss in my current job?
scottyd27  
#34 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 5:35:56 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 324 time(s) in 239 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gal Friday Go to Quoted Post
I don't want to tell my boss on my current outside job I'm leaving until I'm sure I have a new IRS job. When I get a conditional IRS offer and fill out the eqip with references I trust to keep a secret, can I make it to the final offer without the IRS contacting my boss in my current job?

Oh what? You don’t want any adverse action taken? You know what you wish on other people.
teeeeej  
#35 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 8:37:19 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gal Friday Go to Quoted Post

Why would the IRS contact your boss in your current job? Certainly you aren't going to list this person as a reference if you don't want them contacted.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed