Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

94 Pages«<929394
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kaliino  
#1861 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2021 7:01:35 PM(UTC)
Kaliino

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 949 time(s) in 677 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wannabefed0623 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone, I have an active TS/SCI but no poly. My investigation is less than a year old. Will I still have to re-do the entire BI process??

It depends who conducted the investigation in the first place. The U.S. Intelligence Community doesn't always coordinate with its membership. Assume that the process will be start from scratch and then you'll feel better if it happens to be approved sooner. Also, the polygraph isn't difficult for them to arrange. They hook you up to it, you sit there for an hour, put on your shoes, and walk away. They don't tell you if you passed or not, so if you're ever called back... assume that you passed.
thanks 1 user thanked Kaliino for this useful post.
rebels8 on 12/18/2021(UTC)
someoldguy  
#1862 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2021 5:38:47 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1010 time(s) in 854 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone, I have an active TS/SCI but no poly. My investigation is less than a year old. Will I still have to re-do the entire BI process??
It depends who conducted the investigation in the first place. The U.S. Intelligence Community doesn't always coordinate with its membership. Assume that the process will be start from scratch and then you'll feel better if it happens to be approved sooner. Also, the polygraph isn't difficult for them to arrange. They hook you up to it, you sit there for an hour, put on your shoes, and walk away. They don't tell you if you passed or not, so if you're ever called back... assume that you passed.
Just because it isn't difficult for them to arrange doesn't mean it will be scheduled soon. Oh and somebody else reported that they had to go to CPC twice because for some reason they couldn't schedule everything for the same day.

Not to disagree with the esteemed Kali but if they think your investigation is even close to being acceptable, I think they'll take it. If it is only about a year old, I think it will work. But don't take that to mean it will go quickly.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
rebels8 on 12/18/2021(UTC)
richgalMD  
#1863 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 6:52:25 AM(UTC)
richgalMD

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here!

Finally received my cleared e-mail after a long, lengthy process. Here is my timeline for the Information Technology Career field

Applied - 4/2020
Position closed - 4/2020
Interview - 8/2020
CJO - 8/2020
1st Drug Test - 8/2020
Forms Submitted - 9/2020
BI Interview - 10/2020
CPC - 3/2021
2nd Drug Test - 8/2021 - due to being a year since I receive the CJO :-/
Cleared e-mail - 12/2021
FJO - TBD

I'm currently working with a consulting firm and have been anxiously waiting to make this Federal move for an extremely long time. The CJO I received included a recruitment incentive, which to me is icing on the cake. I would expect not to wait too long, but I know anything is possible and I haven't seen a lot of IT Career field posts here. Any advice as to how long I may be waiting for a FJO?

Edited by user Thursday, January 6, 2022 6:59:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked richgalMD for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/6/2022(UTC)
someoldguy  
#1864 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 5:54:58 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1010 time(s) in 854 post(s)
Originally Posted by: richgalMD Go to Quoted Post
I haven't seen a lot of IT Career field posts here. Any advice as to how long I may be waiting for a FJO?
Really just a test post, checking to see if it will let me post a reply including a quote

Well that worked. As for FJO's for the IT career field, seems like they are always scrambling for people but who knows. You are correct, we don't have a lot of data on this career field on these forums. At this point a hiring manager with an actual vacancy has to pick your resume out of the stack.

Edited by user Saturday, January 8, 2022 5:57:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
richgalMD on 1/8/2022(UTC)
richgalMD  
#1865 Posted : Saturday, January 8, 2022 8:03:50 AM(UTC)
richgalMD

United States

Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
Well that worked. As for FJO's for the IT career field, seems like they are always scrambling for people but who knows. You are correct, we don't have a lot of data on this career field on these forums. At this point a hiring manager with an actual vacancy has to pick your resume out of the stack.

I actually received a call from a section chief and deputy yesterday, they were inquiring about how long I had been in the pool and assured me the phone call wasn't an interview lol. They did indicate that they were vetting my resume and would be sharing it with other hiring managers, so this sounds promising to me *fingers crossed*
thanks 1 user thanked richgalMD for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/8/2022(UTC)
ringslider  
#1866 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 6:57:51 AM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Finally after being in the Hiring Pool for eons, I got my FJO. It's been a long time in the making.
thanks 2 users thanked ringslider for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/14/2022(UTC), someoldguy on 1/14/2022(UTC)
rebels8  
#1867 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 10:07:41 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ringslider Go to Quoted Post
Finally after being in the Hiring Pool for eons, I got my FJO. It's been a long time in the making.

Congrats! How long exactly have you been in the hiring pool? And what's your career field again? I forgot.
#MMlivesmatter
ringslider  
#1868 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 3:02:15 PM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post

Congrats! How long exactly have you been in the hiring pool? And what's your career field again? I forgot.

Applied - 9/2016
Position closed - 10/2016
Forms Submitted - 9/2016
1st Interview - 12/2016
Initial CJO - 12/2016
1st Drug Test - 12/2016
Forms Submitted - 2/2017
2nd Interview and BI - 6/2017
Cleared w/ CJO - 11/2017
2nd Drug Test - 10/2020
FJO - Last Week

Analysis. I have been cleared in the pool for 4 years and some change. It's been a pain but well worthy it.
thanks 1 user thanked ringslider for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/14/2022(UTC)
rebels8  
#1869 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 3:49:31 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 168 post(s)

Applied - 9/2016
Forms Submitted - 9/2016
1st Interview - 12/2016
Initial CJO - 12/2016
1st Drug Test - 12/2016
Forms Submitted - 2/2017
Cleared w/ CJO - 11/2017
2nd Drug Test - 10/2020
FJO - Last Week

Analysis. I have been cleared in the pool for 4 years and some change. It's been a pain but well worthy it.

Analysts usually don't have to wait in the Hiring Pool more than a few weeks or maybe a few months before receiving a FJO. Do you know why you had to wait over four years? Because that's just insane. And I thought that I had to wait in the hiring pool forever.
#MMlivesmatter
ringslider  
#1870 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 8:54:07 PM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Analysts usually don't have to wait in the Hiring Pool more than a few weeks or maybe a few months before receiving a FJO. Do you know why you had to wait over four years? Because that's just insane. And I thought that I had to wait in the hiring pool forever.

TBCH I don't know and don't care, lol. I'm just glad I got it. The only thing I can think off is that people kept moving to other agencies or simply lost interest. They kept calling me from time to time asking me if I was interested, and my answer was always "Yes, I'm still interested." I just kept grinding on my job and taking care of my family.
rebels8 on 1/16/2022(UTC)
wannabefed0623  
#1871 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 12:39:31 PM(UTC)
wannabefed0623

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
How many foreign contacts did you have? Did it significantly impact your processing time?

I will be reporting 3 contacts from school that are not close but we work together often, I'm a little worried that my processing time will be lengthy.
thanks 1 user thanked wannabefed0623 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/17/2022(UTC)
John  
#1872 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 4:43:33 PM(UTC)
John

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all!

I currently have a DOD TS clearance that was adjudicated in December 2020 (12/2020). I just received a CJO from DIA and was wondering if my TS would be reciprocated by them since it is already a DOD clearance. During my interview one of the panel members said it would be faster for me to receive my clearance then "someone off of the street", and that I would have to get cleared all over again. When I interviewed for a position as a contractor for FBI they said my TS would be reciprocated and that I would be adjudicated for SCI separately. Anyways, I wanted to ask in here to see if that was the case and since a lot of you have experience with this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance!
ringslider  
#1873 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 8:14:14 PM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

How many foreign contacts did you have? Did it significantly impact your processing time?

I will be reporting 3 contacts from school that are not close but we work together often, I'm a little worried that my processing time will be lengthy.

Someone here, told me a while ago that the manner in which the agency brings people in differs.

Some people are waiting 3 months some longer. It depends on the agency's needs. As long as you are putting down you foreign contacts, you are fine.

Just keep grinding. Do your work, pick a hobby and keep going about your life. Contact them every 3 to 6 months with an resume update.
rebels8 on 1/18/2022(UTC)
IntelPro  
#1874 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 4:13:37 AM(UTC)
IntelPro

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 33 post(s)

Applied - 9/2016
Forms Submitted - 9/2016
1st Interview - 12/2016
Initial CJO - 12/2016
1st Drug Test - 12/2016
Forms Submitted - 2/2017
Cleared w/ CJO - 11/2017
2nd Drug Test - 10/2020
FJO - Last Week

Congrats on your FJO. It's mind blowing to me how long your process was. You applied a month before me but I will hit my 5 year mark in April and just actualized my promotion to GG-14 in November. Best of luck.
thanks 2 users thanked IntelPro for this useful post.
ringslider on 1/18/2022(UTC), rebels8 on 1/18/2022(UTC)
richgalMD  
#1875 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 6:31:05 AM(UTC)
richgalMD

United States

Originally Posted by: richgalMD Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post

I actually received a call from a section chief and deputy yesterday, they were inquiring about how long I had been in the pool and assured me the phone call wasn't an interview lol. They did indicate that they were vetting my resume and would be sharing it with other hiring managers, so this sounds promising to me *fingers crossed*

Well that did not take long at all. Just received a call back from the section chief that he put a bid out for me. Now waiting for OHR to reach out
Rss Feed  Atom Feed