Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmack40  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2022 6:19:39 PM(UTC)
jmack40

Groups: Registered
United States

I would love to hear from some of you that failed phase 2 the first time, then passed it the second time. What was it like having to wait a year to try again? And, if you were successful the second time, what do you believe played a role in your success?
bulldogg88  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 5:16:28 AM(UTC)
bulldogg88

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jmack40 Go to Quoted Post
I would love to hear from some of you that failed phase 2 the first time, then passed it the second time. What was it like having to wait a year to try again? And, if you were successful the second time, what do you believe played a role in your success?

I failed phase 2 the first time. It was pretty rough but I told my self I now had a year to get as a ready as I could be. I hired a interview coach to help (Carole Martin). She got me ready for the interview. I worked out a lot to get ready for the PFT, I read a few FBI books, and listened to podcasts. The year flew by for me. I applied to other agencies and that probably kept my mind of watching the clock countdown to applying again. Once I applied again, I felt more mature and ready. I passed phase 2, the poly and the PFT. Currently in background. I will put my timeline below.

Initial apply 7/2019
failed PH2 11/2019
reapply 11/2020
withdrawn for CBD
reapply 8/2021
M&G 9/2021
PH 2 written 10/2021
PH2interview 10/2021
COL 10/2021
PSI 11/2021
Poly 11/2021
Medical 12/2021
creditpulled 12/2021
PFT pass 01/2022
thanks 1 user thanked bulldogg88 for this useful post.
jmack40 on 1/17/2022(UTC)
jmack40  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 8:02:04 PM(UTC)
jmack40

United States

Thanks so much for your reply. I trained very hard; running on a partially torn hamstring and spent many hours practicing my interview skills, but I know that I could have been better. It was very disheartening, but I will remain optimistic for the future. I am currently approved for hire with the bureau, and I am hoping that an entry level position comes my way, then I am going to give the agent process another shot.

Edited by user Monday, January 17, 2022 8:04:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed