Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jen  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 11:17:16 AM(UTC)
Jen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

I read through the forums, and I do not believe anyone has brought this up yet. I applied for a few positions under the 2022 virtual hiring events posted on the DIA job site. Can those who have been through the virtual hiring process explain the timeline to me? The applications were due on 19 Jan 2022, and I'm looking for a ballpark idea of the average timeline/steps.

Thank you!
richgalMD  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 11:35:15 AM(UTC)
richgalMD

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi there, first there welcome! I applied via the August 2020 Hiring Event. I believe no person's timeline and sometimes steps are always the same. I'll outline what happened for me below

Applied 4/2020
Received email to schedule interview 6/2020
Interview 8/2020
CJO 8/2020 - next day after interview
Drug Test 8/2020
SF-86 eQip - 9/2020
BI Interview 10/2020
CPC (Psych / Poly) 3/2021 (two days back to back)
2nd Drug Test 8/2021
Adjudication / Clear email - 12/2021
3rd Drug Test 12/2021 (second test was inconclusive)
Contact by section chief in CF/1st verbal offer - 1/2022
FJO - TBD

My timeline was extended I'm sure due to COVID, which is crazy because I had a friend who had the same timeline as me up until her CPC appt (hers was 1/2021) and she was adjudicated in 4 days. So there are a lot of variables with it. My advice, exercise patience.
thanks 1 user thanked richgalMD for this useful post.
Jen on 4/5/2022(UTC)
rebels8  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 2:41:10 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Since I no longer work at DIA, I was able to apply to the Analysis and Mission Management (I was Mission Management previously.) Career Fields for the 2022 Virtual Hiring Event. I've been waiting for a new hiring event for months. I think this is the first hiring event since last summer.
#MMlivesmatter
feralcat  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 12:45:48 PM(UTC)
feralcat

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
As someone who already had a clearance, here was my timeline:

March/April 2020: Applied
May 2020: Writing assessment/location questionnaire (I was given less than a week to submit)
Aug 2020: Interview and CJO within 24 hrs.
Nov 2020: Drug test
Feb 2021: CPC and was shortly cleared. This would be different for anyone w/o a clearance I assume. I was placed in the hiring pool at this point.

I started to get some calls from potential managers in March/April who were looking to see if I wanted to move OCONUS, which I did not. So they did not put in bids for me in the hiring pool.

April 2021: First FJO extended and I accepted. Tried negotiating with HR and they were terrible. Unfortunately, I've heard similar stories from a lot of my coworkers. Thankfully, once you get past HR, you don't really deal with them anymore. The promotion process internally isn't perfect, but it's improving.

May 2021: Started working

So you have at least a year before really walking into the building. Just so you know, I've seen people in the Analysis Career Field apply with prior work experience (military and non-military), but if it doesn't directly relate to research and analysis or subject matter expertise, they will not count that. If you have a master's degree, they will be more open to having you come in at a higher grade.

Edited by user Sunday, January 23, 2022 12:49:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked feralcat for this useful post.
Jen on 4/5/2022(UTC)
Cincinnati1987  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 2:23:29 PM(UTC)
Cincinnati1987

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: feralcat Go to Quoted Post

May 2020: Writing assessment/location questionnaire (I was given less than a week to submit)
Feb 2021: CPC and was shortly cleared. This would be different for anyone w/o a clearance I assume. I was placed in the hiring pool at this point.

I started to get some calls from potential managers in March/April who were looking to see if I wanted to move OCONUS, which I did not. So they did not put in bids for me in the hiring pool.

April 2021: First FJO extended and I accepted. Tried negotiating with HR and they were terrible. Unfortunately, I've heard similar stories from a lot of my coworkers. Thankfully, once you get past HR, you don't really deal with them anymore. The promotion process internally isn't perfect, but it's improving.

So you have at least a year before really walking into the building. Just so you know, I've seen people in the Analysis Career Field apply with prior work experience (military and non-military), but if it doesn't directly relate to research and analysis or subject matter expertise, they will not count that. If you have a master's degree, they will be more open to having you come in at a higher grade.

Thanks for posting your timeline! I'm also cleared and about to begin processing after receiving my CJO. I'm hoping my process is as swift as yours was! But I'll definitely take an OCONUS slot if available. Do you know if new analysts typically get selected for OCONUS positions? Or would the agency rather start new folks in the national capitol region?
thanks 1 user thanked Cincinnati1987 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/26/2022(UTC)
feralcat  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 6:08:38 PM(UTC)
feralcat

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wannabefed0623 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for posting your timeline! I'm also cleared and about to begin processing after receiving my CJO. I'm hoping my process is as swift as yours was! But I'll definitely take an OCONUS slot if available. Do you know if new analysts typically get selected for OCONUS positions? Or would the agency rather start new folks in the national capitol region?

To my knowledge, a lot of analysts (especially GG 07-10) are placed in the NCR area. A lot of the offices are located there, including HQ, so it makes sense. It all depends on billet availability and what managers want to bid on you.
thanks 1 user thanked feralcat for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/26/2022(UTC)
rebels8  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 11:31:02 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

To my knowledge, a lot of analysts (especially GG 07-10) are placed in the NCR area. A lot of the offices are located there, including HQ, so it makes sense. It all depends on billet availability and what managers want to bid on you.

I only remember a couple of people on this forum being placed in analysis billets outside of the NCR and they both went to CENTCOM in Tampa. I was actually bid on for an analysis billet at SOCOM, which is also in Tampa. Unfortunately, I didn't actually receive a FJO for that billet because my only CJO was in mission management and the MM career development office wouldn't release me. I think entry-level analysts can also be placed at Rivanna Station in Charlottesville, Virginia, which is outside of the NCR.
#MMlivesmatter
someoldguy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 4:44:56 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1026 time(s) in 868 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
Since I no longer work at DIA, I was able to apply to the Analysis and Mission Management (I was Mission Management previously.) Career Fields for the 2022 Virtual Hiring Event. I've been waiting for a new hiring event for months. I think this is the first hiring event since last summer.

Did I read this correctly? You left DIA and are now trying to re-apply through their virtual hiring events?
A special guest appearance from Kali! And he was even able to post.

You know, rebels made a couple comments over the past year or so which made me wonder if he had abandoned The Greatest Intelligence Agency In The World (tm). And now we know.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Cincinnati1987  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 5:49:46 AM(UTC)
Cincinnati1987

United States

People who were cleared when going through this process: were you required to fill out a new SF-86??
Hudki  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 8:44:17 AM(UTC)
Hudki

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
People who were cleared when going through this process: were you required to fill out a new SF-86??

Only an SF-86C
thanks 1 user thanked Hudki for this useful post.
ringslider on 2/4/2022(UTC)
Cincinnati1987  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2022 4:11:24 AM(UTC)
Cincinnati1987

United States

Has anyone here been required to do a 2nd poly??
RedLeader666  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2022 6:16:30 PM(UTC)
RedLeader666

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cincinnati1987 Go to Quoted Post

Not me, but this is very common. I wouldn't worry about it. Just try to relax during your poly, be entirely honest, and do your normal morning routine before showing up to CPC. I have a coworker who had to do a poly three times before he had conclusive results, but he obviously works at the agency now.
Red Leader standing by
someoldguy  
#13 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 5:17:04 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: RedLeader666 Go to Quoted Post
I have a coworker who had to do a poly three times
When was this? Several years ago on this forum somebody said he was not offered a third poly... as I recall that person ended up getting a job with State Dept which also required TS but no poly.

Anyway every case is different. To answer the original question, yes, going back for a second poly is not at all unusual.

RedLeader666  
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 13, 2022 11:39:50 AM(UTC)
RedLeader666

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
When was this? Several years ago on this forum somebody said he was not offered a third poly... as I recall that person ended up getting a job with State Dept which also required TS but no poly.

Anyway every case is different. To answer the original question, yes, going back for a second poly is not at all unusual.

This was for a contractor working at DIA. I'm not sure how many years ago it was, but he's 30 and not prior military, so it can't be more than 8 years ago.
Red Leader standing by
Cincinnati1987  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 6:43:59 AM(UTC)
Cincinnati1987

United States

Originally Posted by: Cincinnati1987 Go to Quoted Post

Not me, but this is very common. I wouldn't worry about it. Just try to relax during your poly, be entirely honest, and do your normal morning routine before showing up to CPC. I have a coworker who had to do a poly three times before he had conclusive results, but he obviously works at the agency now.

Yeah it’s no biggie! I’m assuming my results were inconclusive and they want me to have another go. My first poly was long but overall a good experience with a professional examiner
Cincinnati1987  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 6:50:42 AM(UTC)
Cincinnati1987

United States

Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post

This was for a contractor working at DIA. I'm not sure how many years ago it was, but he's 30 and not prior military, so it can't be more than 8 years ago.

Thanks for the reply! And wow, 3 polys?! That’s gotta be nerve racking. Well, it’s good to see that people still get on with the agency successfully even after multiple poly attempts. Seems like going in for a second attempt isn’t a bad sign at all!
rebels8  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 7:13:00 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Has anyone who applied to a 2022 virtual hiring event received an invitation to attend yet? I applied to analysis, mission management, and counterintelligence but haven't received any invitation yet. I don't even know what the timeline for any of the 2022 virtual hiring events is. The analysis career field listing said that applicants would be receiving an email for the application essay in late January or early February. So if someone applied to the analysis career field and hasn't received the email for the application essay by now, they probably won't be invited. However neither of the other two career fields that I applied to mention a timeline and even the analysis career field listing didn't mention when the actual hiring event would be. Since it's a virtual hiring event, I wonder if it will be a rolling hiring event in which applicants are interviewed throughout 2022. There seemed to only be one virtual hiring event in 2021. And I think I remember reading on the 2021 virtual hiring event thread that someone applied in June 2021 but didn't interview until September. So DIA might not be in any particular rush, especially with continuing covid protocols.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 22, 2022 7:14:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
sdf0124  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 7:49:13 PM(UTC)
sdf0124

United States

Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone who applied to a 2022 virtual hiring event received an invitation to attend yet? I applied to analysis, mission management, and counterintelligence but haven't received any invitation yet. I don't even know what the timeline for any of the 2022 virtual hiring events is. The analysis career field listing said that applicants would be receiving an email for the application essay in late January or early February. So if someone applied to the analysis career field and hasn't received the email for the application essay by now, they probably won't be invited. However neither of the other two career fields that I applied to mention a timeline and even the analysis career field listing didn't mention when the actual hiring event would be. Since it's a virtual hiring event, I wonder if it will be a rolling hiring event in which applicants are interviewed throughout 2022. There seemed to only be one virtual hiring event in 2021. And I think I remember reading on the 2021 virtual hiring event thread that someone applied in June 2021 but didn't interview until September. So DIA might not be in any particular rush, especially with continuing covid protocols.

I think you have the dates wrong, I believe they said they'd notify you in late February/early March for an interview and what not. the application window closed on Jan. 19 and that would only be 1 or 2 week turn around.
minguk  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2022 1:17:14 PM(UTC)
minguk

United States

Hello,
I currently work for another federal agency; however, I wish to transfer to the DIA because my current agency is not working out. I specifically am interested in intelligence positions. Do you all know of any entry level positions to apply for in that field or anything related?
someoldguy  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2022 1:45:22 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Its all at intelligencecareers.gov now. All external positions can be found there.
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
minguk on 3/3/2022(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed