Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

52 Pages«<505152
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
delois62  
#1021 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2021 1:13:10 PM(UTC)
delois62

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: leehom Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: delois62 Go to Quoted Post
"I just received a few of those emails today as well after receiving the TO. I was freaking out at first but then notice it was for a different grade and location.

If we get selected for a certain grade and location, I'm guessing they will send out these emails for the remaining grades/locations we applied to. "

I did my fingerprints and photo last week, did my onboarding last month - then I get the email today that I was not hired. I only applied for one position and one grade. I am really bummed out.

Perhaps an issue with your background check?

I haven't done the e-Qip yet, never been in trouble to have fingerprints on file anywhere.
delois62  
#1022 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 10:36:39 AM(UTC)
delois62

Anyone waiting for an FO?
delois62  
#1023 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 12:21:33 PM(UTC)
delois62

Does anyone know if there are still classes for next month? Finally got the email for the E-QIP, still waiting for an FO.
whoanotcool  
#1024 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 1:38:29 PM(UTC)
whoanotcool

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Does anyone know if there are still classes for next month? Finally got the email for the E-QIP, still waiting for an FO.

I don’t see any dates on the training schedule but that doesn’t really mean that they won’t onboard more people.
thanks 1 user thanked whoanotcool for this useful post.
delois62 on 1/27/2022(UTC)
delois62  
#1025 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 1:50:13 PM(UTC)
delois62

Originally Posted by: whoanotcool Go to Quoted Post

I don’t see any dates on the training schedule but that doesn’t really mean that they won’t onboard more people.

Thanks, that's good to know
tsukiaa  
#1026 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 6:52:59 AM(UTC)
tsukiaa

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Does anyone know if it’s possible to take a day off during the classroom/training sessions? Or is that an instant no?

Thanks!
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#1027 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 8:21:41 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tsukiaa Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if it’s possible to take a day off during the classroom/training sessions? Or is that an instant no?

Thanks!

It's 99% a no. Death of a immediate family member or sickness could get you out. Miss more than 3 days and you have to recycle back to the beginning of another class and that is only IF IRS is willing to foot the bill for a recycle.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#1028 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 8:26:49 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IRSSpecialAgent_1Day Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

It's 99% a no. Death of a immediate family member or sickness could get you out. Miss more than 3 days and you have to recycle back to the beginning of another class and that is only IF IRS is willing to foot the bill for a recycle.

Correction - mixed my threads up and thought this was Special Agent thread. I believe it's still a no but may be some leeway if it's virtual training. When I went through SBSE training which was when they sent you away, no one ever missed a training day. I took vacation my 1st year in and got a lot of flack for it even though vacation was not during classroom training.
tsukiaa  
#1029 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 11:05:06 AM(UTC)
tsukiaa

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Thanks!

Correction - mixed my threads up and thought this was Special Agent thread. I believe it's still a no but may be some leeway if it's virtual training. When I went through SBSE training which was when they sent you away, no one ever missed a training day. I took vacation my 1st year in and got a lot of flack for it even though vacation was not during classroom training.

Got it. Thanks for the insight!
delois62  
#1030 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2022 4:37:55 PM(UTC)
delois62

So anyone waiting for an FO from the 2021 announcement?
Sky1  
#1031 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2022 2:41:37 PM(UTC)
Sky1

United States

I’m still waiting to complete finger prints at Baltimore location. I received my TO 3/7 & still haven’t received anything yet for finger prints or equip is this normal? I tried reaching out to HR but no reply. My fingerprints was due 3/15 & my e-quip is due 3/26. Start date is showing 5/6
delois62  
#1032 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 2:39:36 AM(UTC)
delois62

Originally Posted by: Sky1 Go to Quoted Post
I’m still waiting to complete finger prints at Baltimore location. I received my TO 3/7 & still haven’t received anything yet for finger prints or equip is this normal? I tried reaching out to HR but no reply. My fingerprints was due 3/15 & my e-quip is due 3/26. Start date is showing 5/6

Looking at the replies on this discussion, it seems everyone has/had a different experience. Some timelines were identical to what was explained in the TO, others had to wait a while.
Defense11  
#1033 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2022 1:33:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Anyone knows why leave for new hires vary within the same POD? Some Managers allow leave if it's nothing scheduled for the day and others say no annual leave during the 1st 2 years.
whoanotcool  
#1034 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2022 3:31:39 AM(UTC)
whoanotcool

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Defense11 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone knows why leave for new hires vary within the same POD? Some Managers allow leave if it's nothing scheduled for the day and others say no annual leave during the 1st 2 years.

If you have earned leave, you should be allowed to use it. Leave during classroom training is hard, but other times, it shouldn’t be a problem. I imagine different managers have different ideas of what is right and some frown upon leave during the first year. I have never seen any written rules about restricted leave.
jusbnme20  
#1035 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2022 4:22:06 AM(UTC)
jusbnme20

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I have never heard that you can’t take leave within the first two years. That is insane! I haven’t seen any written rules either. I feel bad for whomever has that manager. I’m in a new group, but less than two years, and I have taken sick and annual leave. Another person in my group took a week off in December, with less than 2 years. It depends on the manager but still, yep years without leave is just ridiculous.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed