Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

20 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AccountingGrad  
#41 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 9:31:44 AM(UTC)
AccountingGrad

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just got an invitation to take the KASE. Any recommended study materials for technical knowledge? Should I be brushing up on financial/tax accounting?
Catspajamas1811  
#42 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 12:20:30 PM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AccountingGrad Go to Quoted Post
Just got an invitation to take the KASE. Any recommended study materials for technical knowledge? Should I be brushing up on financial/tax accounting?

Be sure to make sure you’ve thoroughly reviewed Executive Order 14043. Doesn’t hurt to also review Title 18 and Title 31 crimes.

In all seriousness this question is asked repeatedly on here. Every time the answer is also the same. The exam can’t be discussed and there’s nothing to prepare for, just go in relaxed and do your best.
StellaP22  
#43 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 6:43:33 PM(UTC)
StellaP22

United States

Hello. I am sitting for the Phase 3 exam next Wednesday. Currently, I am reviewing some accounting principles to make sure I go in prepared. I did however graduate on 12/18 (last month), so I hope my memory doesn't fail me. Best of luck to everyone applying!
cp2000  
#44 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2022 5:41:25 PM(UTC)
cp2000

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
My understanding is that if you're within IRS, you keep your pay as is when you come to CI plus the new leap pay on top of it. I believe you even keep your GS level vs others that come in from other agencies will only get GS 9-00. Others can correct me if I'm wrong.

When I was at fletc last year, we got leap pay based on where our POD was at. However, from what I hear from other more recent fletc students, they're switching to Glenco pay levels while you're at fletc which in many cases is lower than your POD pay. Unsure about whether leap is paid based on this new change. In any case, it's only 6, months and it's a paid vacation for many so just suck it up if you want this career.
AMLFed  
#45 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 7:06:16 AM(UTC)
AMLFed

United States

I'm a current federal civ employee with an excepted service agency in the NY/NJ area. My pay including geolocation pay is around $107,000. Any idea if the IRS would entertain matching that pay or coming close to it? Or would I have to take a significant cut to join?
FL1811  
#46 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 2:52:11 PM(UTC)
FL1811

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AMLFed Go to Quoted Post
I'm a current federal civ employee with an excepted service agency in the NY/NJ area. My pay including geolocation pay is around $107,000. Any idea if the IRS would entertain matching that pay or coming close to it? Or would I have to take a significant cut to join?

My understanding is if you are employed by another agency that you'd get matched to your current pay, but if your pay is greater than the pay for the max level for the posting you are capped at that amount. E.G. if you qualified for a 9 and your pay is in the grade 10+ range, you'd get grade 9 step 10. I think the only matching to current grade/step is if you are currently employed by the IRS.

If you're not employed by the federal government you come in at the lowest step for the grade you are eligible for.

Edited by user Sunday, January 30, 2022 4:31:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked FL1811 for this useful post.
AMLFed on 1/30/2022(UTC)
AnApplicant  
#47 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 6:14:58 PM(UTC)
AnApplicant

United States

My Timeline so far (Updated 1/30/22) -

Applied under latest announcement: 12/5

Invite (Presumably Automated) to Take Job Simulation: 12/5

Job Simulation Assessment Complete Date/Submission (Phase 2): 12/5

Notice of Results (Phase 2): 1/4. Tentatively Eligible pending HR review for referral vs. not)

Proctored Assessment Email (Phase 3): 1/27. Taking the KASE exam this week. This will be my first attempt so not sure what to expect.
ronald_mcdonald  
#48 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 9:43:52 AM(UTC)
ronald_mcdonald

United States

Good luck with the KaSE! I'm taking it next week. Not too sure what to expect, so I'm reviewing some accounting topics as I haven't looked at that stuff in over a decade.
stepup  
#49 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 10:00:20 AM(UTC)
stepup

United States

Can someone provide some insight here - if I got invited to the KASE, does this mean my qualifications were screened and accepted? If I hypothetically pass the KASE, does HR do another round of qualification reviews on your application packet? TIA
dubyac  
#50 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 1:36:34 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stepup Go to Quoted Post
Can someone provide some insight here - if I got invited to the KASE, does this mean my qualifications were screened and accepted? If I hypothetically pass the KASE, does HR do another round of qualification reviews on your application packet? TIA

You are correct with the first statement. Your information/qualifications/documents are manually reviewed, and if you qualify you are invited to take the KaSE. There won't be another round of qualification reviews.
thanks 2 users thanked dubyac for this useful post.
Catspajamas1811 on 1/31/2022(UTC), 2123_Actual on 1/31/2022(UTC)
stepup  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 7:29:23 AM(UTC)
stepup

United States

Originally Posted by: dubyac Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: stepup Go to Quoted Post

You are correct with the first statement. Your information/qualifications/documents are manually reviewed, and if you qualify you are invited to take the KaSE. There won't be another round of qualification reviews.

Thank you!
AccountingGrad  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2022 3:43:14 PM(UTC)
AccountingGrad

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just took the Kase, was not too bad, unfortunately I ran out of time on the last few questions on the last logic and reasoning MC section. Anyone know how sections contribute towards the overall grading? Hopefully it doesn't screw me
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#53 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 10:14:07 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AccountingGrad Go to Quoted Post
Just took the Kase, was not too bad, unfortunately I ran out of time on the last few questions on the last logic and reasoning MC section. Anyone know how sections contribute towards the overall grading? Hopefully it doesn't screw me

Trade secret. Scoring breakdown is not provided...not even to Current special agents
Catspajamas1811  
#54 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 11:04:59 AM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

Can’t imagine multiple choice questions being weighted higher than one another but I’ve been wrong before.

I believe today should have been the last day for individuals to schedule their KaSE so hopefully that means we’ll get our results back soon. Although sounds like they may be busy getting FOs out for the previous opening.
ronald_mcdonald  
#55 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 11:26:19 AM(UTC)
ronald_mcdonald

United States

I just took the KaSE today. Hopefully we hear back within the next month or two of our results.
Catspajamas1811  
#56 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 11:53:59 AM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

On the 2021 hiring thread individuals have said that they received verbal FOs this week, so it appears to be within the 6-8 month goal they also mentioned yesterday.

I would still hope for us to get our results in the next one to two weeks not months. Just based off previous timelines I’ve seen as well as what they mentioned yesterday. Seems like they are trying to move fast but it sure doesn’t always feel like it.
Th85  
#57 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 2:34:34 PM(UTC)
Th85

United States

I received an e-mail stating I am tentatively eligible for GS 7/9 on 01/04/22 and I didn't get any update after that, does that mean I didn't make it to the next step?
dubyac  
#58 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 3:07:15 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Th85 Go to Quoted Post
I received an e-mail stating I am tentatively eligible for GS 7/9 on 01/04/22 and I didn't get any update after that, does that mean I didn't make it to the next step?

My memory is fuzzy on this step. Did you complete the online assessment then receive this email, or did you complete the assessment then were notified you passed the qualifications review, then received this email?

The qualifications review portion is completely manual. So if the former case, that's still taking time. If the latter case, I'm not sure. As we move to this (hopefully) more streamlined hiring process we're still working out bugs.

Catspajamas1811  
#59 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 3:22:15 PM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

This week on the info session they said they’re unable to provide a notice that you didn’t qualify at different steps until the closing is complete so not for several months at least.

It’s possible based on your responses to the initial quiz you were deemed qualified but upon a manual review before invitation to KaSE you weren’t deemed qualified.

You can always apply to the 2022 posting. They stated they’ll pull the first batch of applications in March and aim to do so monthly. Just make sure you fix whatever may have deemed you not qualified.

Just to add it seems like everyone on this board at least received their KaSE invite on 1/29. Which makes me think you may not have qualified but hard to say.

Edited by user Thursday, February 10, 2022 3:23:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added at the end

ncc2610  
#60 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 4:15:09 PM(UTC)
ncc2610

United States

Have the recent interviews still via WEBEX (internet) or will they be going back to in person live interviews any time soon?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed