Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
209 Pages«<200201202203204>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TxShortie88  
#4021 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 1:13:43 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I received mine within a couple of weeks. Then it was about a year before interview.

How long does It take to hear back about an email to set up a proctored test from the time the questionnaire was taken?

thanks 1 user thanked TxShortie88 for this useful post.
Dogmom on 1/5/2022(UTC)
Dogmom  
#4022 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 1:35:33 PM(UTC)
Dogmom

United States

Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post
I received mine within a couple of weeks. Then it was about a year before interview.

How long does It take to hear back about an email to set up a proctored test from the time the questionnaire was taken?

The recent DI posting said interviews are tentatively scheduled for March. I’m not sure if That will actually happen but I hope to get an email about the test soon I completed the questionnaire two weeks ago!
TxShortie88  
#4023 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 2:08:31 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

I just checked my announcement to see if it said when. It listed a month but that wasn't when they did interviews. lol. They use that word "tentative" for everything. They are govt after all.

Originally Posted by: Dogmom Go to Quoted Post

The recent DI posting said interviews are tentatively scheduled for March. I’m not sure if That will actually happen but I hope to get an email about the test soon I completed the questionnaire two weeks ago!

Dogmom on 1/5/2022(UTC)
Prep  
#4024 Posted : Friday, January 7, 2022 11:25:20 AM(UTC)
Prep

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 23 post(s)

This was my timeline. These timeframes may be different from what you may experience. I hope this helps!

Applied May 2018
Tested July 2018
Panel Interview April 2019
Drug and Medical Tests/Exams November/December 2019
Completed my Eqip online January 2020
Interview for background March 2020 (2 days before everything shut down for COVID)
Preference sheet April 2021
Final offer May 14, 2021

If I remember correctly, after I applied, it took maybe about a month and half to get an email about scheduling the test I took in July 2018.

Edited by user Friday, January 7, 2022 12:09:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarity

thanks 1 user thanked Prep for this useful post.
Dogmom on 1/8/2022(UTC)
Fiives  
#4025 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 3:39:50 PM(UTC)
Fiives

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Anyone have any knowledge about how far in advance they send out preference sheets for academy? I’m guessing the earliest the next one will be is this summer.
TxShortie88  
#4026 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 4:40:06 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

The next academy is currently scheduled for June. From previous postings, it looks like the EARLIEST people get preference sheets is about a month prior to academy. But there have been "take XYZ location or leave it" phone calls on a Friday afternoon when the academy begins that Monday.

Originally Posted by: Fiives Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have any knowledge about how far in advance they send out preference sheets for academy? I’m guessing the earliest the next one will be is this summer.

Fiives on 1/14/2022(UTC)
luckydevil  
#4027 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 2:44:00 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 132 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wish2bfed Go to Quoted Post
Feeling a little discouraged because there has been so much radio silence in this groupchat and via email/phone, so I just wanted to check in!

I think I am more anxious because there has not been an academy in so long and many folks from the last academy has not come back to inform us on anything.

I am hoping 2022 brings us great favors and fulfilled dreams.

You’ll probably start seeing some movement next month with things and assuming they don’t push back the next class I imagine preference sheets start going out end March or beginning April. At least in the past with a July class that’s when they were sent around.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 25, 2022 2:44:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
wish2bfed on 1/26/2022(UTC)
mf5099  
#4028 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 3:55:59 AM(UTC)
mf5099

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
wish2bfed, the site wasn’t letting me reply to your post directly for some reason, but anyway I haven’t gotten any updates since early December when I asked HR and they said I’m still in the background process. Like you, I’m hoping for some movement here in the next month or two coming up on the June class.
thanks 1 user thanked mf5099 for this useful post.
mf5099  
#4029 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 4:00:46 AM(UTC)
mf5099

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Feeling a little discouraged because there has been so much radio silence in this groupchat and via email/phone, so I just wanted to check in!

I think I am more anxious because there has not been an academy in so long and many folks from the last academy has not come back to inform us on anything.

I am hoping 2022 brings us great favors and fulfilled dreams.

You’ll probably start seeing some movement next month with things and assuming they don’t push back the next class I imagine preference sheets start going out end March or beginning April. At least in the past with a July class that’s when they were sent around.

I believe this upcoming one is a June class rather than July. HR told me June 5 is the tentative planned start date.
thanks 1 user thanked mf5099 for this useful post.
Fiives  
#4030 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 8:02:27 AM(UTC)
Fiives

United States

mf5099, right there with you! I think my next step is getting a preference sheet so I’ve just been waiting and enjoying time with family. I don’t really have any new info to contribute but just wanted to let you know you’re not alone. I keep reminding myself that sometimes no news is good news. At least they haven’t kicked me to the curb!
thanks 1 user thanked Fiives for this useful post.
centermass  
#4031 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 5:41:24 PM(UTC)
centermass

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
And who knows what the status of COVID could be by then, hopefully over of course, but Quantico may impose more restrictions for BDI , it is a long way off, but plan for the worst and be surprised with less than that.
Fiives  
#4032 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2022 6:49:28 PM(UTC)
Fiives

United States

So. Random question that may have been answered already but I haven’t read all 208 pages of this forum: who teaches/trains us at the academy?
Are they full-time DIs too? I can’t imagine with only one or two classes a year that teaching/training is their full-time job. Is it a volunteer position? Is it required to train a class to make a grade/get a specific duty location? Does everyone have go through twice, first as student and second as teacher (trainer? professor? Mr. Miyagi?)? Does it just look good on the resume?
I heard that to get past GS13, you have to do some time in DC…but then after 13 is it still a DI position? How high does this ladder go for the average DI? What’s considered a supervisor position? Let’s assume there’s some really ambitious people in this bunch who are curious….
TxShortie88  
#4033 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 5:28:28 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

A variety of instructors are throughout the day. Some are DIs, some are attorneys, different sections (chemical section etc) based on what is being taught. Some people have had driving classes (think NASCAR lol but I don't think those are in the academy anymore).
You CAN volunteer but it is mostly assigned. You are not REQUIRED to be a trainer. They do ask for volunteers for counselors at the academy though.

You can be a 14 without going to DC first. You will have to go to DC in 5 years from your promotion though. You can choose to go sooner...but they have a list with names and dates. There is no 14 DI, you'd just be supervisor over DIs. You have to apply and go before the career board to be selected.

The average DI will be a 13. There are a few that will be a GS (14). And then even fewer DPMs (15). a GS is a supervisor over an office. A DPM (Diversion Program Manager) is over the division.

So. Random question that may have been answered already but I haven’t read all 208 pages of this forum: who teaches/trains us at the academy?
Are they full-time DIs too? I can’t imagine with only one or two classes a year that teaching/training is their full-time job. Is it a volunteer position? Is it required to train a class to make a grade/get a specific duty location? Does everyone have go through twice, first as student and second as teacher (trainer? professor? Mr. Miyagi?)? Does it just look good on the resume?
I heard that to get past GS13, you have to do some time in DC…but then after 13 is it still a DI position? How high does this ladder go for the average DI? What’s considered a supervisor position? Let’s assume there’s some really ambitious people in this bunch who are curious….

thanks 2 users thanked TxShortie88 for this useful post.
Fiives on 1/27/2022(UTC), GrayBeard on 1/27/2022(UTC)
agent05  
#4034 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 12:25:11 PM(UTC)
agent05

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Preference Sheets going out today for DI Class 57. Check your emails ladies and gentlemen

A variety of instructors are throughout the day. Some are DIs, some are attorneys, different sections (chemical section etc) based on what is being taught. Some people have had driving classes (think NASCAR lol but I don't think those are in the academy anymore).
You CAN volunteer but it is mostly assigned. You are not REQUIRED to be a trainer. They do ask for volunteers for counselors at the academy though.

You can be a 14 without going to DC first. You will have to go to DC in 5 years from your promotion though. You can choose to go sooner...but they have a list with names and dates. There is no 14 DI, you'd just be supervisor over DIs. You have to apply and go before the career board to be selected.

The average DI will be a 13. There are a few that will be a GS (14). And then even fewer DPMs (15). a GS is a supervisor over an office. A DPM (Diversion Program Manager) is over the division.

thanks 1 user thanked agent05 for this useful post.
Fiives on 2/1/2022(UTC)
rpandey  
#4035 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 3:42:03 AM(UTC)
rpandey

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Recently received a preference sheet for the next class. Anyone have experience how the transfer process works for a current federal employee transferring over to the DEA?
agent05  
#4036 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 1:32:27 PM(UTC)
agent05

Originally Posted by: rpandey Go to Quoted Post
Recently received a preference sheet for the next class. Anyone have experience how the transfer process works for a current federal employee transferring over to the DEA?

What exactly do you want to know? Your SF-50 paperwork? TSP?
rpandey  
#4037 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 2:15:03 PM(UTC)
rpandey

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: agent05 Go to Quoted Post

How does the transfer process work. If I'm correct DEA HR would communicate with my HR to work out the transfer so there's no break in service. Was hoping someone with experience might be able to confirm that and their experience.
agent05  
#4038 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 3:32:26 PM(UTC)
agent05

Anyone have some insight on the Las Vegas and El Paso office? What's the morale like, workload mainly office paperwork or facilities audits/street work? Schedule M-F 8-5? G ride or no G ride for rookies? etc much appreciated. Trying to see what would be a best fit for me and family.

Also how would you consider the two to raise a family with an 8th grader and a 1st grader
AZShadowStorm  
#4039 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 5:07:00 PM(UTC)
AZShadowStorm

United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)

How does the transfer process work. If I'm correct DEA HR would communicate with my HR to work out the transfer so there's no break in service. Was hoping someone with experience might be able to confirm that and their experience.

Yeah, that’s the general process. You’ll get a class date and the HR folks will agree upon a date to avoid a break in service. I do highly recommend making copies of important stuff like your SF50, TSP, leave balances and etc prior to leaving your current agency. From personal experience I had a headache dealing with the finalization of the onboarding process at the academy and I was glad I had copies of my stuff to show them…because it was a mess.
thanks 1 user thanked AZShadowStorm for this useful post.
rpandey on 2/3/2022(UTC)
AZShadowStorm  
#4040 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 12:39:42 PM(UTC)
AZShadowStorm

United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Anyone have some insight on the Las Vegas and El Paso office? What's the morale like, workload mainly office paperwork or facilities audits/street work? Schedule M-F 8-5? G ride or no G ride for rookies? etc much appreciated. Trying to see what would be a best fit for me and family.

Also how would you consider the two to raise a family with an 8th grader and a 1st grader

What's a G ride?

A government vehicle.
thanks 1 user thanked AZShadowStorm for this useful post.
wish2bfed on 2/3/2022(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed