Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

14 Pages«<121314
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AGENT1ME  
#261 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 10:06:03 AM(UTC)
AGENT1ME

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: Lunaticox Go to Quoted Post
Any received “the call” recently, or any other recent updates from anyone?

Please see my post below for my latest update.
Lunaticox  
#262 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 10:52:37 PM(UTC)
Lunaticox

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks for the reply. Wish you the best with your upcoming SI, keep us updated!
thanks 1 user thanked Lunaticox for this useful post.
AGENT1ME on 2/2/2022(UTC)
AGENT1ME  
#263 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 6:24:56 AM(UTC)
AGENT1ME

United States

Thanks for the reply. Wish you the best with your upcoming SI, keep us updated!

What was the SI experience for you? Any pointers?
ryan0351  
#264 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 7:15:11 PM(UTC)
ryan0351

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
New here. Would it be safe to say I have the job if I am getting a home interview next week and have completed everything else required?
Lunaticox  
#265 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 3:28:49 AM(UTC)
Lunaticox

AGENT1ME - I would say to not overthink it when sharing your past. Yes, be entirely sincere and open, that way there are no surprises in the Polygraph, but don’t psych yourself by overthinking. My SI went well, long but well.

@ryan0351 - It seems you have a pretty good chance, however I have seen others get BQA even after the home interview. Hard to tell without knowing your background. But stay positive. Did you get medically cleared yet?

Edited by user Thursday, February 3, 2022 3:40:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ryan0351  
#266 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 1:49:12 AM(UTC)
ryan0351

United States

@lunaticox-Yes I'll list all the steps below I've completed, which is pretty much everything, for anyone wanting know. P.S. It seems like they try and fit in steps whenever possible. If you're waiting on results for one thing, they'll fit you in for something else to speed up the process so the order of steps may differ depending on circumstances. It's actually a really nice change of pace than the typical type of hiring process. If anyone has questions I'll try and answer what I can.

Completed:
SAEE
SUPER
Initial Eye Exam
EQIP/Security Interview
Urine/Blood draw for drugs
Medical exam/Final Eye Exam
2 Polygraphs(They may do a couple if something initially comes up inconclusive, won't speak much on this)
Background is currently ongoing, they're moving fast. I'm currently a cop, I've never traveled internationally, no foreign contacts, no criminal background, no drug use, no medical issues, etc.
Home interview next week.
thanks 2 users thanked ryan0351 for this useful post.
Lunaticox on 2/4/2022(UTC), AGENT1ME on 2/7/2022(UTC)
Lunaticox  
#267 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 1:10:18 PM(UTC)
Lunaticox

Originally Posted by: ryan0351 Go to Quoted Post
@lunaticox-Yes I'll list all the steps below I've completed, which is pretty much everything, for anyone wanting know. P.S. It seems like they try and fit in steps whenever possible. If you're waiting on results for one thing, they'll fit you in for something else to speed up the process so the order of steps may differ depending on circumstances. It's actually a really nice change of pace than the typical type of hiring process. If anyone has questions I'll try and answer what I can.

Completed:
SAEE
SUPER
Initial Eye Exam
EQIP/Security Interview
2 Polygraphs(They may do a couple if something initially comes up inconclusive, won't speak much on this)
Background is currently ongoing, they're moving fast. I'm currently a cop, I've never traveled internationally, no foreign contacts, no criminal background, no drug use, no medical issues, etc.

Good job getting that far. Yeah it really seems like you have a good chance to have made it this far. The home interview is really casual but still dress up. Hopefully we get the call soon enough. I’m patiently waiting and if everything goes well we might class up together.

Be blessed.
AGENT1ME  
#268 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 12:53:16 PM(UTC)
AGENT1ME

United States

Originally Posted by: AGENT1ME Go to Quoted Post
Just to update this forum the following has been my timeline for the USSS application process:

USSS APPLICTAION FILED 10/05/2021
BEST QUALIFIED EMAIL 10/29/2021
SCHEDULE SAEE EMAIL 10/29/2021
SAEE TAKEN AND PASSED ON 11/4/2021
SUPER INTERVIEW 11/22/2021
CONDITIONAL OFFER 12/13/2021
REUEST FOR EYE EXAM/OF306 12/13/2021
SENT IN EYE EXAM/OF306 12/14/2021
EQUIP EMAIL RECIEVED 12/14/2021
EQUIP / USSS SC FORMS SUBMITTED 12/15/2021

I will keep the forum updated once I receive any new updates, according to the agents in charge at my super interview they are looking to hire me on by Feb-2022

UPDATE: Just got a call to schedule my Security Interview, it will be on 02/03/2022 - The Agent stated there was a hold up as eQuip was having technical issues and my initial eQuip did not process correctly. Therefore I had to send them a paper copy to resubmit. Hopefully they are still able to give me a final job offer as estimated before the end of February.

Just completed my Security interview on 2/3/2022, took less than a hour. Got a call to schedule my Poly the next day on 2/4/2022. Taking Poly this week on 2/9/2022! Moving fast! Almost at the finish line, if poly goes well I believe I only have Medical/Drug test, Background completion, and Home interview left.

AGENT1ME  
#269 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 12:54:40 PM(UTC)
AGENT1ME

United States

Completed:
SAEE
SUPER
Initial Eye Exam
EQIP/Security Interview

Did final medical included color vision test? If so what type of test did they use?
Lunaticox  
#270 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 1:04:46 PM(UTC)
Lunaticox

Completed:
SAEE
SUPER
Initial Eye Exam
EQIP/Security Interview

Did final medical included color vision test? If so what type of test did they use?

PM me

Lunaticox  
#271 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2022 11:20:16 AM(UTC)
Lunaticox

Completed:
SAEE
SUPER
Initial Eye Exam
EQIP/Security Interview

Hey bud, ever got the call to start?

ryan0351  
#272 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2022 7:56:50 AM(UTC)
ryan0351

United States

Completed:
SAEE
SUPER
Initial Eye Exam
EQIP/Security Interview

Hey bud, ever got the call to start?

I PM'ed ya.
Trooper23  
#273 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2022 9:07:53 AM(UTC)
Trooper23

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My process has come to an end. I had several small follow-ups on the medical side due to rating and unremarkable findings. As my USSS medical team reported, I probably had a half-million-dollar medical work-up chasing a ghost.

I attached my full process timeline below.
USSS Application
Applied: 5/8/2021
Notified to schedule SAEE test: 6/21/2021
SAEE Taken: 6/28/2021
Passing Score SAEE: 6/29/2021
SUPER: 7/13/2021
COA: 8/5/2021
Received Notice of E-Quip: 8/11/2021 (they wanted it completed in a week after waiting a month) There was a lot to add after my first SF-86!
Reached out to schedule SI on 8/17/2021 for 8/19/2021 (I couldn’t make it work)
SI: 8/31/2021
Poly: 10/6
Medical: 10/14
Tentative Offer: 10/21
References call: 11/2
Home Visit: 11/17
BI reference completed: 11/19/21
Medical Cleared: 3/18/22
Full offer: 3/21/22
Pulled my offer: 3/22/22

They gave me a city that I had a hard time refusing. Through the process, my wife and I determined that the reliance on overtime to make it and the work-life balance for our 4 kids didn't make sense. The other agency that I applied for would be better suited and reported that they would pull my application if I accepted the USSS application.

Through the process, I have met some amazing people and would not trade. Good luck to those applying.
marcellu5  
#274 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 10:43:58 AM(UTC)
marcellu5

United States

Have to do what's best for you and your family, but what? You knew all this stuff beforehand. The work-life balance gets explained to you early on in the SUPER or with your own research. This was a waste of time and money for everyone and could have had another person in your slot that wanted it. Usually when someone declines at the end it's usually because of the location, but it wasn't even that.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed