Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

12 Pages«<101112
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JessElizabeth  
#221 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2022 9:09:54 AM(UTC)
JessElizabeth

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
So I am set for Quantico in August. I have seen this question answered a few times but different answers, does anyone who has been at Quantico recently know how long a person has between graduating and being expected to report to their assigned field office? Thanks!
debellil  
#222 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 8:03:04 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JessElizabeth Go to Quoted Post
So I am set for Quantico in August. I have seen this question answered a few times but different answers, does anyone who has been at Quantico recently know how long a person has between graduating and being expected to report to their assigned field office? Thanks!

My husband was told in his spouse interview that we get 40hrs paid leave to move after graduation. So one week. Which confirmed all info I had received prior. I’m set for Q next month.
#223 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 11:40:09 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Does anyone have recommendations on reading/videos/podcasts to help prepare for the law portion of classroom time?

Thanks!
WayOutWest  
#224 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2022 10:25:52 AM(UTC)
WayOutWest

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: billsmafia Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have recommendations on reading/videos/podcasts to help prepare for the law portion of classroom time?

Thanks!

I was stressing a bit about the law portion as well and did some looking into books on study and learning more generally. I just read a book called "How We Learn" by Benedict Carey that was a pretty accessible read and talks about effective study habits (and myths about study habits) that I think will be as helpful as anything else.
thanks 1 user thanked WayOutWest for this useful post.
1241252356 on 3/14/2022(UTC)
BananaCoconut  
#225 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2022 7:26:47 PM(UTC)
BananaCoconut

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Emp895 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: billsmafia Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

Honestly, I probably wouldn’t do any research. I have not been to Q yet, but I assume they will teach you exactly what they know you will need to know. Too much BS out there regarding law right now most people don’t get it right. I’m sure they will do an excellent job ensuring you know all of it.

Here now. This is the correct response. Although I wouldn't say there is too much BS out there (there is, but it's also not hard to find something authoritative (you're won't get too far into the weeds). Someone else mentioned FRE FRCrP and Title 18, those are obviously authoritative but FFS, do not try reading those before you come here. Unless you are already a lawyer, you will likely confuse or mislead yourself by trying to learn in advance and you risk coming in with a false sense of confidence. Trust the process, it's been in place for years. Learn the material as it's taught, study, and you should be fine.

Perfecting your push-up and sit-up protocol is a much better use of your time.
thanks 1 user thanked BananaCoconut for this useful post.
1241252356 on 3/14/2022(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed