Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

6 Pages«<456
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mbayy  
#101 Posted : Saturday, February 19, 2022 2:53:11 PM(UTC)
mbayy

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: sd10 Go to Quoted Post
On the CHI 2021 page so many people are posting that the background investigations take 7-11 months and then they are approved for hire, but haven't heard back about actually being appointed a position anywhere. Does anybody have info on this? Im curious if the process will take ~1yr from being interviewed before actually hiring or if it is backed up because of Covid. Or am I the only one who assumed there would be a starting date a few months post graduation after being given a CJO?

I am a bit confused about this as well and had assumed the same. I had heard that the process can take up to a year with the interviews/background checks/etc. so I assumed by this September I would be starting a position if qualified. Doesn't seem like that will be the case but who knows, I'm a first time applicant. I saw someone say somewhere that it's wise to have other jobs lined up while you wait.. so I'm not sure.
awags7  
#102 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2022 8:13:08 AM(UTC)
awags7

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Has anyone heard anything or gotten any kind of update? I am feeling a bit anxious, I applied for the 2021 Collegiate Program and by this point last year I was already scheduled for the polygraph.

For reference, last time I applied in September 2021, had my zoom interview early January, got my CJO late January, had my PSI interview end of February and my polygraph was scheduled for mid-March 2021. I had to withdraw from that hiring blitz for personal reasons but I knew I was going to reapply for this round thinking that the timeline was going to be the same but it definitely hasn't been.

Has anyone gotten anywhere?? Just looking for an update of any kind, thanks in advance.
aboozer  
#103 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2022 8:15:59 AM(UTC)
aboozer

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: awags7 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone heard anything or gotten any kind of update? I am feeling a bit anxious, I applied for the 2021 Collegiate Program and by this point last year I was already scheduled for the polygraph.

For reference, last time I applied in September 2021, had my zoom interview early January, got my CJO late January, had my PSI interview end of February and my polygraph was scheduled for mid-March 2021. I had to withdraw from that hiring blitz for personal reasons but I knew I was going to reapply for this round thinking that the timeline was going to be the same but it definitely hasn't been.

Has anyone gotten anywhere?? Just looking for an update of any kind, thanks in advance.

I just got put under review for another position about four or five days ago, but I have not heard anything about being scheduled for interviews or anything, even for the positions I was put under review for months ago. Also a bit antsy about everything, hopefully some more activity happens soon. Good luck to you!
Ramgrad02  
#104 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2022 6:10:05 AM(UTC)
Ramgrad02

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Just noticed that my application is no longer under the Qualified For section, anyone else have that happen? It still says under review at the top, but never was in the under review section (where it lists the specific FO).
aboozer  
#105 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2022 6:56:53 AM(UTC)
aboozer

United States

Originally Posted by: Ramgrad02 Go to Quoted Post
Just noticed that my application is no longer under the Qualified For section, anyone else have that happen? It still says under review at the top, but never was in the under review section (where it lists the specific FO).

Yes, two of the positions I applied for have dropped off of my profile as well, but I still have them in the Under Review For section for specific FOs. Could be that they just don't need those spots filled anymore.
thanks 1 user thanked aboozer for this useful post.
RW2022 on 3/18/2022(UTC)
FloGro  
#106 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 10:41:26 AM(UTC)
FloGro

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was able to get an interview at the start of march but I haven't heard back from them about if I am able to move onto the next step with a job offer.
thanks 2 users thanked FloGro for this useful post.
RW2022 on 3/18/2022(UTC), NGA on 3/20/2022(UTC)
awags7  
#107 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 12:48:44 PM(UTC)
awags7

United States

I had an interview for a position in Albuquerque, NM this last week, but that's the only correspondence or update I have so far! I hope everyone else is making some progress!
thanks 1 user thanked awags7 for this useful post.
ifyoudontsucceedtrytryagain on 3/26/2022(UTC)
ifyoudontsucceedtrytryagain  
#108 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2022 7:31:45 AM(UTC)

United States

I had an interview for a position in Albuquerque, NM this last week, but that's the only correspondence or update I have so far! I hope everyone else is making some progress!

I am interested in what position(s) you applied for if it is in New Mexico. I applied for a few positions in September of last year and haven't heard anything. Still looks like I am being considered for > 10 openings on the portal though. Seems like the entire process is a bit slower than previous years. Congrats on the interview!
awags7  
#109 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2022 4:04:23 PM(UTC)
awags7

United States

Originally Posted by: ifyoudontsucceedtrytryagain Go to Quoted Post

I am interested in what position(s) you applied for if it is in New Mexico. I applied for a few positions in September of last year and haven't heard anything. Still looks like I am being considered for > 10 openings on the portal though. Seems like the entire process is a bit slower than previous years. Congrats on the interview!

It was the OST position for the Albuquerque division, I think it was the only one they were interviewing for. But the correspondence wasn't an "official" FBI email if that makes sense, it was just an FBI employee reaching out in a normal email asking if I was available to interview for the OST position opening there.
#110 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2022 4:01:52 PM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: ifyoudontsucceedtrytryagain Go to Quoted Post

It was the OST position for the Albuquerque division, I think it was the only one they were interviewing for. But the correspondence wasn't an "official" FBI email if that makes sense, it was just an FBI employee reaching out in a normal email asking if I was available to interview for the OST position opening there.

Cool - makes sense. Good luck! Haven't heard anything on any of my stuff as of yet. Still hopeful!
aboozer  
#111 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2022 6:02:44 AM(UTC)
aboozer

United States

Is anyone planning on applying for the 2023 cycle as well when that opens up? I'm not sure if I should do it or not and was wondering what everyone else was maybe thinking.
mbayy  
#112 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2022 1:21:59 PM(UTC)
mbayy

United States

I'm also wondering the same thing.. It's been 9 months and not much action, just wondering if maybe this round is kind of a bust lol.
Bobthebro  
#113 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2022 6:34:04 PM(UTC)
Bobthebro

United States

(1) Anyone know if you can renegotiate your CJO salary amount? The city I’ve accepted mine for has increased the cost of living exponentially over the past year since accepting it. I didn’t want to call and ask since I’m still waiting in the background investigation, but I was hoping someone was wondering the same thing or might be able to give some advice/ clarification on how to approach the situation

(2) I’ve honestly been doordashing to make ends meet because I was told I could receive a start date at any given moment. I was wondering what some of you guys/ gals were doing in the meantime to make money but still gain experience since graduating college recently?

(3) I hope good things work out for everyone 🙌🏾
aboozer  
#114 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 5:30:03 PM(UTC)
aboozer

United States

Just got put under review for another FO. Still nothing though from the offices I was put under review for almost nine months ago at this point, but at least it's something.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed