Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rfts81  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2022 5:57:18 AM(UTC)
Rfts81

Groups: Registered
United States

Anyone here applying to LB&I posting that just came open or know if more locations will be posted? I just started in SBSE but I really hoped for LB&I. I’m a little disappointed at the locations posted I was expecting more openings and hope that more locations will be posted soon.

Anyone else move to LBI shortly after starting somewhere else in the IRS? Is that frowned upon?
trishka  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2022 8:02:34 AM(UTC)
trishka

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hello! Thought I would respond as no one has given you advice yet.

I was an external hire almost 3 years ago in LB&I.

From what I have seen, it is not frowned upon. If you background and experience make you a better fit for LB&I or if that is your desire, then would say go for it. Don't hold back.

I have worked with several folks who were previously SBSE and they have been a valuable addition to teams. Think of it this way, you are already familiar with the admin process which I see as a valuable skill in an interview.

Good luck!
capucha  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2022 9:56:04 AM(UTC)
capucha

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I joined LB&I after just a few months in another BOD. It is not frowned upon, and is actually more common than you think. Good luck!
teeeeej  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2022 7:44:55 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Nobody seems to care how long you stick around in a given position. I've bounced around a couple times and continue to get contacted by hiring managers when I apply to stuff, it kindof blows my mind, but it's nice to have options.
jusbnme20  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2022 4:41:55 AM(UTC)
jusbnme20

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Hello, the current postings are for flow thru entities as there is a big push to hire for that area now. Based on what I’ve heard from supervisors, more LBI postings will be coming as we really need people so stay tuned. When I started many moons ago, I applied for SBSE and LBI (it was LMSB at the time). I hired in for SBSE but LBI contacted me for an interview. My supervisor was super cool about me going to the interview. I agree with the other responders, it is more common and some supervisors even encourage their people to apply. Good luck!
Defense11  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2022 1:21:20 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What are the advantages and disadvantages of working in LB&I vs SBSE?
jusbnme20  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2022 4:26:35 AM(UTC)
jusbnme20

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
In LBI, you’re working more complex issues but not as many cases. I’m SBSE, I may have had 5 cases to start and expanded those, if applicable, with several issues with per the classification check sheet. Here in LBI, I have two cases and 2-3 issues. I will say there is more admin work in LBI and procedures for the cases. LBI has several different groups too, so you can definitely find your niche. I like it so far.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed