Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

General Conversations

Within this forum, you can:

• share experiences as a federal employee
  • ask for some general help from fellow federal employees
  • offer helpful advice
  • make this world a better place (doesn't hurt to try)

Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to "step up on a soap box." Let's keep things clean, polite and useful. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Endicott  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 6:46:44 PM(UTC)
Endicott

Groups: Registered
United States

I recently received a PIP letter where a major part of the narrative was simply a lie. Specifically, the letter spoke of how I had gone into another office, disregarded a supervisor's instructions, and told other employees to perform an improper task. This simply never happened. I had gone to this office to attend training and had nothing to do with what the employees there were doing. I later learned that two days before I had received the PIP one of my managers had gone to this office late in the afternoon, essentially "looking for dirt", asking all the employees there what I had been doing, saying, and then essentially then concocted this story used on the PIP. Is there anything I can do? The Union is not being very helpful. I have considered speaking to our Inspector General's office but I'm not sure if that would help or hurt the situation.
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2022 4:11:38 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1200 time(s) in 960 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Endicott Go to Quoted Post
I recently received a PIP letter where a major part of the narrative was simply a lie. Specifically, the letter spoke of how I had gone into another office, disregarded a supervisor's instructions, and told other employees to perform an improper task. This simply never happened. I had gone to this office to attend training and had nothing to do with what the employees there were doing. I later learned that two days before I had received the PIP one of my managers had gone to this office late in the afternoon, essentially "looking for dirt", asking all the employees there what I had been doing, saying, and then essentially then concocted this story used on the PIP. Is there anything I can do? The Union is not being very helpful. I have considered speaking to our Inspector General's office but I'm not sure if that would help or hurt the situation.
A PIP is about you not performing your job at the satisfactory level. A singular event would not suffice to place you on a PIP. Therefore, there is something missing here.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed