Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jgroovy  
#61 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2022 6:30:59 AM(UTC)
jgroovy

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: NSAorBust Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jgroovy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: dllynq Go to Quoted Post
How did you find out if/when you were in the adjudication stage? My recruiter has never reached out to me even though I’ve left several voicemails. My background investigator told me last week that he’s already submitted his final report so how do I get any further updates?

If we're looking at hard numbers, I don't think I'm in adjudication yet after all looking at this latest report:

https://news.clearancejo...learance-q2-2022-update/

Not counting weekends, business days only, I'm still within the 108 days of the investigation process. The question is, are these only upper bound numbers or do clearances happen faster than this?

As far as I'm aware, those reports talk about the fastest 90% of cases, and of course every case is different. I know my poly/psych/BI stuff only took about 2.5 months to complete, and it was done and submitted by the end of February/beginning of March. So I've been in adjudication for around 40 business days so far (give or take), and I wish I knew why it's taking so long in light of this report. Just anxiously waiting to hear something since my background is squeaky clean and I passed the poly on the first try no problem.

Maybe they're doing them in batches lol

I'd venture to guess you'll hear something very soon :) Me I'm thinking now of a June/July timeline. Hoping for sooner so I can start making plans to move before late August.

It is really hard to deal with a process that's so secretive sometimes but I guess that's to be expected.
maybenot  
#62 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2022 3:51:41 AM(UTC)
maybenot

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
How did you find out if/when you were in the adjudication stage? My recruiter has never reached out to me even though I’ve left several voicemails. My background investigator told me last week that he’s already submitted his final report so how do I get any further updates?

If we're looking at hard numbers, I don't think I'm in adjudication yet after all looking at this latest report:

Not counting weekends, business days only, I'm still within the 108 days of the investigation process. The question is, are these only upper bound numbers or do clearances happen faster than this?

As far as I'm aware, those reports talk about the fastest 90% of cases, and of course every case is different. I know my poly/psych/BI stuff only took about 2.5 months to complete, and it was done and submitted by the end of February/beginning of March. So I've been in adjudication for around 40 business days so far (give or take), and I wish I knew why it's taking so long in light of this report. Just anxiously waiting to hear something since my background is squeaky clean and I passed the poly on the first try no problem.

I'd venture to guess you'll hear something very soon :) Me I'm thinking now of a June/July timeline. Hoping for sooner so I can start making plans to move before late August.

It is really hard to deal with a process that's so secretive sometimes but I guess that's to be expected.

I wouldn't stress over this. that timeline isn't for IC clearances, just DoD. NSA is an IC clearance even though its a DoD agency (so if you have a DoD clearance you still need reciprocity done like other clearances). NSA does its adjudication in house so their timeline is their own (like CIA) and can take from months to years.
thanks 1 user thanked maybenot for this useful post.
caleco01 on 5/1/2022(UTC)
caleco01  
#63 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2022 7:58:04 PM(UTC)
caleco01

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: maybenot Go to Quoted Post

I wouldn't stress over this. that timeline isn't for IC clearances, just DoD. NSA is an IC clearance even though its a DoD agency (so if you have a DoD clearance you still need reciprocity done like other clearances). NSA does its adjudication in house so their timeline is their own (like CIA) and can take from months to years.

Yeah I guess this is just more to vent than anything else, but for reference I had my poly in June 2021. Still waiting. Foreign contacts are my main issue it seems.

Edit: this isn’t to scare anyone at all, it’s just a “don’t expect this will happen quickly” warning

Edited by user Sunday, May 1, 2022 7:59:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PdaV  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2022 4:13:34 AM(UTC)
PdaV

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
At the same time, it can also happen very quickly. That's what makes this frustrating. From CJO to my FJO, took 4.5 months for me. I do have an existing clearance. Keep monitoring emails and stay in touch with your Recruiter. My continued best to all.
tahoultine  
#65 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2022 7:48:08 AM(UTC)
tahoultine

My updated timeline so far:

*I had an adjudicated secret clearance throughout the process*
1. Applied - 02/2022
2. Operational interview and verbal CJO during the same interview - 04/2022
3. Lots and lots of HR vetting through email - 04/2022
4. Email from HR with offer containing salary and location - 05/2022

Up next are official CJO letters and probably my eQIP stuff. I am going to knock them out immediately because my wife lived in Asia for over a decade and still keeps regular contact with family. I don't think it'll be a big stall because I had my secret adjudicated while married to her, but just in case.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 4, 2022 2:50:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: updated

hoopefuly2022ic  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2022 11:22:27 AM(UTC)
hoopefuly2022ic

Originally Posted by: tahoultine Go to Quoted Post

1. Applied - 02/2022

Up next are official CJO letters and probably my eQIP stuff. I am going to knock them out immediately because my wife lived in Asia for over a decade and still keeps regular contact with family. I don't think it'll be a big stall because I had my secret adjudicated while married to her, but just in case.

Good luck. I have current TS/SCI within DoD, still got suitability denial because of foreign family....they didn't even go through interviewing me or conduct poly/psy evo yet.....just suitability denial after 2 years filling out eQuip with some follow up email about information
tahoultine  
#67 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2022 1:20:25 AM(UTC)
tahoultine

Originally Posted by: hoopefuly2022ic Go to Quoted Post

1. Applied - 02/2022

Good luck. I have current TS/SCI within DoD, still got suitability denial because of foreign family....they didn't even go through interviewing me or conduct poly/psy evo yet.....just suitability denial after 2 years filling out eQuip with some follow up email about information

Brutal, sorry. What continent if you don't mind me asking?
hoopefuly2022ic  
#68 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2022 6:47:22 AM(UTC)
hoopefuly2022ic

Originally Posted by: hoopefuly2022ic Go to Quoted Post

1. Applied - 02/2022

Brutal, sorry. What continent if you don't mind me asking?

Asia.....you see NSA doing similar stuff to military personal as well...where trained, qualified with TS/SCI clearance soldiers does prevent them from stepping into the building to do their job just because of their family....not because of the soldier themselves

https://www.reddit.com/r...eclassification_for_sms/

pandaexpress  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2022 6:56:15 PM(UTC)
pandaexpress

United States

Originally Posted by: JustaDude Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know how long your application remains on the stage "In-Review"? It has been like that for two of my application for almost 3 months now.

Dunno if you've had any updates but for me, I applied for three and interviewed for two different positions. The only one I didn't interview for still says "in review" so I'm guessing that one's not going anywhere. The other two updated shortly after I had my initial interviews. Probably 2 or so weeks? If you already interviewed, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
tahoultine  
#70 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2022 4:30:21 AM(UTC)
tahoultine

I got my psych exam notification and scheduled it, but nothing in the way of the poly. Do they roll them into the same day and just call it "psych visit", or are they a separate appointment? I am allotted a four-hour block, whether that's accurate or not, I don't know.
jgroovy  
#71 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2022 5:11:58 AM(UTC)
jgroovy

United States

I got my psych exam notification and scheduled it, but nothing in the way of the poly. Do they roll them into the same day and just call it "psych visit", or are they a separate appointment? I am allotted a four-hour block, whether that's accurate or not, I don't know.

Nah, you should get a seperate email to schedule your poly if I recall correctly. The 4 hour block is for either test. I scheduled my poly in the morning and psych in the afternoon so I could get the tougher one out of the way earlier lol

Incidentally, I sent an email to the recruiters asking about timelines. Apparently the poly, BI and psych get double checked before it even goes to adjudication. Guess that explains why it's taking longer than I originally thought.
tahoultine  
#72 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2022 6:11:14 AM(UTC)
tahoultine

Nah, you should get a seperate email to schedule your poly if I recall correctly. The 4 hour block is for either test. I scheduled my poly in the morning and psych in the afternoon so I could get the tougher one out of the way earlier lol

Incidentally, I sent an email to the recruiters asking about timelines. Apparently the poly, BI and psych get double checked before it even goes to adjudication. Guess that explains why it's taking longer than I originally thought.

Thanks. How long was it after your psych notification email until you received the poly email? I'd like to schedule it the same day I scheduled my psych, if possible. It's not the end of the world if they aren't, but that would reduce a lot of the travel and allow me to get all of that... fun... over with in a single day.

Edited by user Friday, May 13, 2022 6:12:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jgroovy  
#73 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2022 6:52:46 AM(UTC)
jgroovy

United States

Thanks. How long was it after your psych notification email until you received the poly email? I'd like to schedule it the same day I scheduled my psych, if possible. It's not the end of the world if they aren't, but that would reduce a lot of the travel and allow me to get all of that... fun... over with in a single day.

I got both emails pretty much simultaneously. If you haven't gotten you may want to email them and ask them what's up. The schedulers are good at getting back to folks pretty timely.
dllynq  
#74 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2022 11:37:17 AM(UTC)
dllynq

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Does anyone know if EOD’s are negotiable? I finally got an email today from my recruiter saying that I’ll be receiving my FJO soon but the EOD she gave me is not going to work. I can start about 3 weeks after the date she provided but I still haven’t heard back from her. Has anyone else been able to successfully negotiate their EOD?
velcroTech  
#75 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2022 5:56:45 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Does anyone know if EOD’s are negotiable? I finally got an email today from my recruiter saying that I’ll be receiving my FJO soon but the EOD she gave me is not going to work. I can start about 3 weeks after the date she provided but I still haven’t heard back from her. Has anyone else been able to successfully negotiate their EOD?

Yes.
maybenot  
#76 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2022 12:05:01 PM(UTC)
maybenot

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just found out I have to do another security/subject interview (already did one). Anyone know why they scheduled another one for me?
jgroovy  
#77 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2022 7:18:55 AM(UTC)
jgroovy

United States

Just heard back from my recruiter that the BI is finally completed. Did my poly in mid-March so it took what, about 5 months and a bit for it to be completed (met with the BI in early January). Now I'm in suitability processing, whatever that is lol. Adjudication isn't until the last phase of that, apparently.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed