Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JS1989  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2022 6:01:52 AM(UTC)
JS1989

Groups: Registered
United States

I was hoping someone could shed some light on the CBP field operations academy. How many days a week is PT? How long is a session? How often and far do you run? How many pushups, situps, etc at a time. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I've been training hard but would like to know what to expect.
mefed  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2022 3:26:47 AM(UTC)
mefed

Groups: Registered

It depends on the instructor. When I went, our class was split in two for PT/DT. Back then we had to only pass one PT test, but it was given twice. Once when we arrived and again at the end. Everyone on our side passed the first test. The other side of the class had a few failures on the first test. We were run in the dirt on all of our PT sessions. The other side had it much easier. Our runs were very short at about 2 miles. To prepare, do a lot of push-ups, crunches, and run and you will be fine. I actually lost fitness while there, until we had our final PT/DT test, then I returned to my normal PT program and started getting back in shape again. I didn't want to do too much extra for workouts, because I didn't want to push too far and injure myself. I did what they required in class, but once the PT requirement was met, I returned to my preferred workouts.

Edited by user Sunday, July 24, 2022 3:29:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed