Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
porter  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2022 7:15:46 PM(UTC)
porter

Groups: Registered

I am a 4 wks. new fed employee. Recently, I applied for a job with a hiring manager at another facility in the same agency who is fond of me. However, I did not include a new resume or the sf50 in the new app, just my old job I left last month.

What are the implications of this action and what can I do?
GWPDA  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 9:21:46 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 622 time(s) in 505 post(s)
Did you add your new job (with dates)? Are you using a resume other than that created within USAJOBS? If not, immediately transfer your resume to USAJOBS' format and make sure your jobs are up to date. Upload your current SF50 along with all your other documents.

After that, you can try contacting the personnelist where you applied and ask to update your application with the information you note. It could work. Otherwise, if you do get an interview you will be able to update the information at that time.
porter  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2022 4:08:41 PM(UTC)
porter

how can one contact the personnel office at the site? Also, the resume is only a few weeks out of date. sf50 is only 4 weeks old, what problems would this pose going forward if I get the job after the interview?
djp  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2022 5:43:17 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 178 time(s) in 175 post(s)
Originally Posted by: porter Go to Quoted Post
how can one contact the personnel office at the site? Also, the resume is only a few weeks out of date. sf50 is only 4 weeks old, what problems would this pose going forward if I get the job after the interview?

Job announcements have a POC listed

Rss Feed  Atom Feed