Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Knight  
#81 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 5:28:18 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 487 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Wow, another poster on our side. Seems you are the lone voice here. I love your delusional opinion that you are in the majority with one.
Preference Vet  
#82 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 6:47:01 AM(UTC)

HRGuru wrote:
Gingery v. Department of Treasury, Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, decided  October 7, 2010 -"However, neither the statute nor the regulations specify any particular method for rating applicants, leaving such details to the hiring agency's discretion. Thus, while an agency must place applicants in categories based upon their job-related competencies or their knowledge, skills, and abilities," see 5 C.F.R. § 337.303, nothing in the statute or regulations prescribes the particular categories or levels of competence that must be used,..." 

I am actually beginning to believe that the federal government employs the absolute bottom of the barrel, although I will die laughing reading your nonsense.  I don't suppose you and knight are actually government employee "posers" are you?  It doesn't take a genius, or a rocket scientist, or a labor lawyer to know that merit systems principles apply to all personnel actions and all aspects of them, something you guys refuse to accept.  So that federal circuit opinion is NOT saying that an agency can do whatever it wants, that's just plain absurd!  But then all the arguments I have heard have been just plain absurd, so I should expect otherwise?

And BTW, before you mislead someone as you are trying so hard to do, that decision is nonprecedential.

It's just as well knight, two clowns are in fact funnier than one!

Preference Vet2011-12-17 17:10:50
A. N&#111;nymous  
#83 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:15:10 AM(UTC)
CannedChemist

For science I think the Fed employs the top talent actually.

At least the fed tries to hire the best qualified. The private sector (I've had the chance to observe the hiring at several companies) the manager's half-wit golfing budy or son has first dibs on jobs, then the guy who interviews and gives wonderful BS anwsers to HR's psychobabble.  I've watched companies pass over brilliant scientists in favor of significantly less qualified individuals based on stuff as stupid as how they answer the where do you see yourself in 5 years question or what is your greatest weakness and I have had to deal with the fallout when they hire a nit wit who can't perform their job but can wow everyone at an interview.

Finally companies are hiring their science staff as permatemps for janitor wages and no benefits ($15-20 an hour). As a result, everyone is trying to get a job with the fed. I know if I don't get a job with the fed I intend to dump the field next year. 

A. N&#111;nymous  
#84 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 9:56:24 PM(UTC)
CannedChemist

Well I ended up spending a fair amount of time on it. I doubt I have much shot at this job but I want it so I wound up putting full effort into it and sending in 3 pages of stuff. I guess everyone is so desperate for a good job now a days they will put up with any hoops HR can throw at them.
CannedChemist2011-12-19 06:01:54
GordonG  
#85 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2022 3:34:47 PM(UTC)
GordonG

United States

Was thanked: 1317 time(s) in 946 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Habu Go to Quoted Post
Whiner wrote:
Knight, Tic3, Shadius, Computerscott, etc. Why do you people even respond to this tool?  Don't you know when you're being trolled and baited?

You joined almost 5 years ago, and you only have 6 posts and all deal with troll issues. How many accounts do you have on here?

Honestly...I thought the same thing.

It's been 16 years and he(?) only has 11 posts leading me to believe he(?) has multiple usernames.

2 Timothy 4:7

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed