Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
A980h-b1  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2022 8:07:47 PM(UTC)
A980h-b1

Groups: Registered

I'm looking to apply for a job at the CFPB. It says a public trust investigation will be required, but a security clearance is not required.

I see on USAJobs that means I'll have to fill out a SF-85 or SF-85P. Is there anyway to tell which one of those it'll be?

The reason I'm wondering is I was fired from a job in early 2016. It was more than five years ago, so I wouldn't have to list it on a SF-85. But I would have to list it on an SF-85P if I fill that out soon, since that asks for information going back seven years.

At what point in the process do you fill one of these out? Is it after the offer is made but before you begin work? I don't want to begin until April anyway (because I vest in my current job at the end of March). So by April the firing would be more than seven years ago and not an issue even on an SF-85P.
GRITS  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 12:40:57 AM(UTC)
GRITS

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: A980h-b1 Go to Quoted Post
I'm looking to apply for a job at the CFPB. It says a public trust investigation will be required, but a security clearance is not required.

I see on USAJobs that means I'll have to fill out a SF-85 or SF-85P. Is there anyway to tell which one of those it'll be?

The reason I'm wondering is I was fired from a job in early 2016. It was more than five years ago, so I wouldn't have to list it on a SF-85. But I would have to list it on an SF-85P if I fill that out soon, since that asks for information going back seven years.

At what point in the process do you fill one of these out? Is it after the offer is made but before you begin work? I don't want to begin until April anyway (because I vest in my current job at the end of March). So by April the firing would be more than seven years ago and not an issue even on an SF-85P.

I hope this chart is helpful:

https://fedcas.com/wp-co...rity-Clearance-Chart.pdf
Rss Feed  Atom Feed