Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

12 Pages«<9101112>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbb1223  
#201 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2022 3:19:47 PM(UTC)
bbb1223

Groups: Registered
United States

Just received phone call FO

POD 9/12
FLETC 9/27
The_accountant  
#202 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2022 6:29:19 PM(UTC)
The_accountant

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bbb1223 Go to Quoted Post
Just received phone call FO

POD 9/12
FLETC 9/27

Congrats
bbb1223  
#203 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2022 8:57:32 AM(UTC)
bbb1223

United States

Just to give a timeline because I always thought these were helpful

Applied - 2/10
KASE - 4/8
Interview - 5/27
TO - 7/1
Medical - 7/20
Follow up (lasik) - 8/13
FO(verbal) - 8/23

POD - 9/12
FLETC - 9/27
FrostyFreeze  
#204 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2022 10:00:57 AM(UTC)
FrostyFreeze

United States

Did anyone apply and list smaller POD locations in a state(s) as well as main field offices? If so, did you get interviews with only the main field office or smaller PODs also?
FrankJr  
#205 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2022 8:45:35 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 122 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FrostyFreeze Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone apply and list smaller POD locations in a state(s) as well as main field offices? If so, did you get interviews with only the main field office or smaller PODs also?

I think you should apply for locations you are willing to live in for a minimum of 5 years. You show up for a few weeks, go to training for six months, work with an OJI for 6-12 months, work cases for 2-3 years... and then you can reevaluate the living arrangements. The smaller locations are not stepping stones to other locations, but are stepping stones to other roles such as supervisory roles.
Memberthatoneguy  
#206 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2022 7:28:17 PM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

Originally Posted by: The_accountant Go to Quoted Post
Is it just me or does it feel like this is being dragged out alot more than the group before us? Received TO 7 weeks ago and medical was released 3.5 weeks ago. Seemed they were getting FO's a week or two after. Talked with my HR person and they said medical wasn't cleared yet even tho no follow-ups were on sheet and background hasn't started so it'll be a while.

Same boat here my friend! I called CHS and they sent my determination last week to HR. I emailed my HR contact, but still haven’t heard anything. I even emailed the SAC that interviewed me. Hopefully we’ll here something back soon!
The_accountant  
#207 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2022 7:55:38 PM(UTC)
The_accountant

United States

Originally Posted by: Memberthatoneguy Go to Quoted Post
Is it just me or does it feel like this is being dragged out alot more than the group before us? Received TO 7 weeks ago and medical was released 3.5 weeks ago. Seemed they were getting FO's a week or two after. Talked with my HR person and they said medical wasn't cleared yet even tho no follow-ups were on sheet and background hasn't started so it'll be a while.

Same boat here my friend! I called CHS and they sent my determination last week to HR. I emailed my HR contact, but still haven’t heard anything. I even emailed the SAC that interviewed me. Hopefully we’ll here something back soon!

I reached out to the "hiring mentor" that reached out to me and he got same type of circle answer. Maybe I should reach out to the SAC as well
Memberthatoneguy  
#208 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2022 5:32:26 AM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

Originally Posted by: Memberthatoneguy Go to Quoted Post

I reached out to the "hiring mentor" that reached out to me and he got same type of circle answer. Maybe I should reach out to the SAC as well

The SAC emailed me back but didn’t know much either. I only reached out cause I’ve ran into her at the POD a couple times at this point. She said it should be happening soon though.
EnronSummerIntern1997  
#209 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2022 11:00:37 AM(UTC)
EnronSummerIntern1997

United States

Hello everyone,

Completely new to the government process, recent grad. I was thinking of applying to both the RA and CI openings for my area, but I had some questions:

1. I know that if I'm not eligible for CI, I have to wait some time to apply again. Does that null my RA application too?

2. For the medical exam, I see that there's a vision exam. I'm a little worried, since I need glasses to see basically anything, but corrected my vision is pretty much 20/20. Am I basically screwed if I reach this stage?

3. How difficult is the KASE exam? I'm preparing to start studying for the CPA next year, so I'm wondering if it's that level of difficulty or if I just need to brush up on some basic accounting stuff (credits/debits, the ratio's, etc.)

Thanks for the help :)
sambajuice  
#210 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2022 2:27:46 PM(UTC)
sambajuice

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: EnronSummerIntern1997 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

Completely new to the government process, recent grad. I was thinking of applying to both the RA and CI openings for my area, but I had some questions:

1. I know that if I'm not eligible for CI, I have to wait some time to apply again. Does that null my RA application too?

2. For the medical exam, I see that there's a vision exam. I'm a little worried, since I need glasses to see basically anything, but corrected my vision is pretty much 20/20. Am I basically screwed if I reach this stage?

3. How difficult is the KASE exam? I'm preparing to start studying for the CPA next year, so I'm wondering if it's that level of difficulty or if I just need to brush up on some basic accounting stuff (credits/debits, the ratio's, etc.)

1. No, the applications are independent from each other. I believe you only need to wait to reapply to CI in the event of KASE failure. It used to be a one-year waiting period and I am not sure if this is even applicable any longer.

2. You should be fine. There are agents that wear glasses daily. Make sure your prescription is up to date for the medical if you get to that point because they will ask for it.

3. Basic accounting review should be enough for the KASE.
thanks 1 user thanked sambajuice for this useful post.
EnronSummerIntern1997 on 8/28/2022(UTC)
EnronSummerIntern1997  
#211 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2022 9:07:53 PM(UTC)
EnronSummerIntern1997

United States

Originally Posted by: sambajuice Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EnronSummerIntern1997 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

1. No, the applications are independent from each other. I believe you only need to wait to reapply to CI in the event of KASE failure. It used to be a one-year waiting period and I am not sure if this is even applicable any longer.

2. You should be fine. There are agents that wear glasses daily. Make sure your prescription is up to date for the medical if you get to that point because they will ask for it.

3. Basic accounting review should be enough for the KASE.

Great, thank you so much!

MostlyHarmless  
#212 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2022 7:11:04 AM(UTC)
MostlyHarmless

I just applied and took the initial assessment yesterday. I’m currently working as an RA.

Since I’m late to the party here, how does the process work if all the vacancies in my selected PODs have already been filled?

Would they still invite me to take the assessment and continue my application up to a certain point or just not move forward with it at all?
EnronSummerIntern1997  
#213 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2022 4:29:43 PM(UTC)
EnronSummerIntern1997

United States

Just put in my application. I'm not expecting much... but hopefully since I'm near and applied for a rather populated POD I might have a chance!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 30, 2022 4:46:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MostlyHarmless  
#214 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2022 5:03:50 PM(UTC)
MostlyHarmless

Originally Posted by: HIsa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MostlyHarmless Go to Quoted Post
I just applied and took the initial assessment yesterday. I’m currently working as an RA.

Since I’m late to the party here, how does the process work if all the vacancies in my selected PODs have already been filled?

Would they still invite me to take the assessment and continue my application up to a certain point or just not move forward with it at all?

At my interview i specifically asked this question -- if there were still openings at the PODs i listed. My interviewer indicated that he would've called me before the interview if there weren't any openings at the PODs i selected. So, i think you would only find out if you got through the KASE stage. Although i think it would be beneficial for you to take the KASE since those results are good for a few years. If there aren't any openings now, you can always wait for another year. hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I agree it’s worthwhile to take the KASE since it seems like CI is going to continue with their hiring surge the next fiscal year.
AcctTechMech  
#215 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2022 6:33:01 AM(UTC)
AcctTechMech

United States

Originally Posted by: IRSCIDFan11 Go to Quoted Post
Seems I'm a little bit behind everyone else here in the process. As I took my initial online assessment around April. Did the KASE in July and had my interview a week ago. Solid posts.

I am in the same group as you. did my interview about a week ago.

I was in the same boat as you as well.

4/25- Applied
4/25 - Took assessment
5/3 - results
7/13 - KASE
7/29 - Results Referred
8/15 - Interview
9/1 - T.O. from SAC

Pending further details/HR

Furthermore, a little bit about myself. Currently working as an RA SB/SE for about 10 months, previously BOP accountant. Bachelors(2020) and Masters (2022) in accounting. Non-CPA yet. 26 Years Old. 2 years Federal Experience.

I've been following these threads since 2020 and reading all the 2019-2022 announcements. This is the second time I applied to this job, failed the KASE in 2020.

Good luck to everyone.
Memberthatoneguy  
#216 Posted : Thursday, September 1, 2022 10:11:13 AM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

Originally Posted by: AcctTechMech Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IRSCIDFan11 Go to Quoted Post
Seems I'm a little bit behind everyone else here in the process. As I took my initial online assessment around April. Did the KASE in July and had my interview a week ago. Solid posts.

I am in the same group as you. did my interview about a week ago.

I was in the same boat as you as well.

4/25- Applied
4/25 - Took assessment
5/3 - results
7/13 - KASE
7/29 - Results Referred
8/15 - Interview
9/1 - T.O. from SAC

Pending further details/HR

Furthermore, a little bit about myself. Currently working as an RA SB/SE for about 10 months, previously BOP accountant. Bachelors(2020) and Masters (2022) in accounting. Non-CPA yet. 26 Years Old. 2 years Federal Experience.

I've been following these threads since 2020 and reading all the 2019-2022 announcements. This is the second time I applied to this job, failed the KASE in 2020.

Good luck to everyone.

Are you me? This is pretty darn to close my life!
The_accountant  
#217 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2022 4:14:13 AM(UTC)
The_accountant

United States

Finally got my FO call last night. Waiting on the paper offer to make it official.

EOD 10/10/22
Fletc 10/28/22

Edited by user Sunday, September 11, 2022 7:48:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ConservativeFedBoi  
#218 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2022 4:06:23 AM(UTC)
ConservativeFedBoi

United States

First time posting. My timeline is as follows:

Applied Took initial assessment: 2/14/2022
Passing notification: 3/30/2022
KASE: 4/9/2022
Notice of referral: 5/13/2022
Interview: 5/31/2022
TO: 6/30/2022
e-QIP: 7/10/2022
Drug test: 7/12/2022
Medical Testing: 7/22/2022
Medical follow ups: 8/5/2022
FO Call: 9/10/2022
FO Paper: TBD
EOD: 10/11/2022
FLETC: 10/28/2022

So many questions, but for now we wait for the offer email to come through.
trgghb  
#219 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 3:19:43 PM(UTC)
trgghb

United States

Does this position match civilian pay? I read that IRS Revenue Agent positions will match your pay as a civilian.
dubyac  
#220 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2022 4:52:36 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: trgghb Go to Quoted Post
Does this position match civilian pay? I read that IRS Revenue Agent positions will match your pay as a civilian.

Generally no, and I don’t think that holds for Revenue Agents either. RA announcements can be for multiple pay grades (GS5-12 I’ve seen), so it’s easier for an external hire to potentially negotiate a higher grade if they have sufficient prior experience.

I’ve not heard of an external hire successfully negotiating higher starting pay, but someone else may chime in with a different experience.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed