Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Government 2.0

There is no question that technology has changed how Government is done. With the integration of social networking, blogs, RSS feeds, and wikis, Government is better able to serve individuals, businesses and employees alike.

Here is a forum to share your experience with technology use in Government.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ruckusm300  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:26:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

This seems like a pretty low activity forum but thought I would give this a shot.

I work in the Department of Defense as an IT Project Manager and we're looking at using DISA's cloud computing solution (Rapid Access Computing Environment, or RACE) to host some of our applications.  Has anyone had any experience with their solution?  They advertise that they can provision environments in 24 hours, but I've had pretty bad experiences with DISA's hosting solutions in the past.  Also, any time I try to ask someone there a question I just get put into a help desk where the person on the other end just creates and ticket and refers it to someone else who never calls me back.  I'm not exactly getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about it but I'm trying to exercise all my options.
AHLTA Warrior  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 2:15:50 AM(UTC)

I've read about it and believe that we are going to be using it for some stuff as well. I worry about Cloud Computing because you have to have darn near 100% up time and 100% up time is impossible unless the architecture is decentralized, fully meshed, and redundant. Even then, 100% is unlikely. I haven't seen the drawings for RACE but I'd start with your low level MAC III apps until we receive more word on the inner workings. AHLTA Warrior2011-04-11 20:26:22
SF18C  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 11:20:01 AM(UTC)

If it is anything like DISA Enterprise Email I wouldn’t count on it working very effectively.

DIAS
is real good a “selling” solutions...but not so much at actually implementing
them, just my personal opinion (based on over 10 years of dealing with DISA as a customer!)

Anita Ronwanski  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:05:08 AM(UTC)
anirow

I think cloud computing are the most reliable as compared to other forms of hosting. So you should go for it.
AHLTA Warrior  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2011 5:55:55 AM(UTC)

Cloud computing is only as good as the redundancy built into the architecture supporting it. If we can't have 100% uptime for AHLTA then don't expect to have 100% uptime in the RACE environment. For the most part it should be effective though.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed