Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rich1mc1  
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:57:54 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have the coupons fall out of circulars all the time. I take great pride in placing them in my UBBM tub at the end of the day. I tell my self if they wanted them delivered then they should seal the dadgum things.I never try to place them back in because I am not paid to do it,nor am I allowed any extra time to do it. So No never take one for your own use, it is stealing. but take great joy in following the rules.
bemused carrier  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:21:03 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
rich1mc1 wrote:
I have the coupons fall out of circulars all the time. I take great pride in placing them in my UBBM tub at the end of the day. I tell my self if they wanted them delivered then they should seal the dadgum things.I never try to place them back in because I am not paid to do it,nor am I allowed any extra time to do it. So No never take one for your own use, it is stealing. but take great joy in following the rules.

Robert J&#111;nes  
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:28:02 AM(UTC)
tewest

Number one rule of a mail carrier ---- Don't Steal the Mail!     I am still shocked to see how may carriers from all over the country get fired for this.   Meaning people actually do it!!    NEVER, NEVER TAKE ANYTHING OUT OF THE PO. PERIOD. EVEN IF SOMEONE TELLS YOU IT IS OK. YOU WILL GET FIRED.

In my office, our carriers won't even go to the soda/snack machine before they leave. I was once told by a senior carrier, don't even give the appearance that your stuffing something in your bag or pocket, even if it just a soda.   Sounded stupid to me at the time, but then I hear about all the people steal things (even UBBM / NOV) and get fired.
bemused carrier  
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:48:07 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
tewest wrote:

In my office, our carriers won't even go to the soda/snack machine before they leave. I was once told by a senior carrier, don't even give the appearance that your stuffing something in your bag or pocket, even if it just a soda.   Sounded stupid to me at the time, but then I hear about all the people steal things (even UBBM / NOV) and get fired.

It sounds as though your office might be just a little too paranoid.

What do the carriers in your office do with the personal stuff that they bring back to the office at the end of day?
postalvet  
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:50:51 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
if the post office believed someone was stealing they would put cameras in the lookout galleys and fake letters in your mail.
Robert J&#111;nes  
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:11:24 AM(UTC)
tewest

Apparently, several years ago, we had a rash of thefts in our office. Couple clerks got fired to stealing gift cards and such.   We had a carrier two years ago get fired for stealing birthday card booty. PIS ended doing a "planted card operation".   He stole it, got caught, and got fired.   We have 50 carrier routes and our management thinks that all we do is lie, cheat and steal.   Couple bad apples and worthless supervisors is really the problem.
Guts  
#27 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:47:41 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 66 post(s)
boober wrote:
mappyjames wrote:
Could I really get fired if I take a coupon out of UBBM??

Taking a coupon out of the UBBM that does not belong to an article of mail that is addressed specifically to you, could result in you being fired, KO'd, X'd out, abolished, annihilated, annuled, blacked out, blotted out, blue penciled, having all your bets called off, cancelled, cut, deleted, discarded, dropped, dropped out (or dropped off), effaced, eradicated, erased, excluded, exterminated, extinguished, extirpated, gutted, kayo'd, terminated, knocked off, laundered, omitted, razed, removed, scrubbed, struck out, taken out, wiped out, zapped out, expunged, trimmed, terminated etc.

LOL

But, what could really happen?

BTW, Gutted is my favorite.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
Michael Smith  
#28 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:13:57 AM(UTC)
barefoot mailman

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I knew a carrier who used to mail them to himself from the route. He just put it in his outgoing.
Ray Gunners&#111;n  
#29 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:50:43 AM(UTC)
TEeteringOnCrazy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have to be careful with what I put in my pocket in the station, yet they have no problem forcing me to use my personal vehicle to deliver mail.

And when I see people digging in the waste dumpster, that is often left open, for the coupons that I made sure not to steal.. do I call the police?
I could carry a route in your station.. Do you think you could carry one in mine?
nodoubt  
#30 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:26:24 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
TEeteringOnCrazy wrote:
I have to be careful with what I put in my pocket in the station, yet they have no problem forcing me to use my personal vehicle to deliver mail.

And when I see people digging in the waste dumpster, that is often left open, for the coupons that I made sure not to steal.. do I call the police?

I had a supervisor one time (she was with us for 2 months) tell me not to go to my car after I came back to the office. This was her policy. Not allowed to go back to your car after you came back....yet, like you said....we TEs have to use our own cars from time to time....makes alot of sense!
JJ  
#31 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:00:22 PM(UTC)
DOISsucks

That Burger King manager needs a kick in the junk.
If you believe in Santa Claus....you believe in DOIS.
Beppo  
#32 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:53:12 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Exactly, who the f ck is a BK manager to question where you got your coupons? Does he work for the PIS? A-hole.
John Henry  
#33 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:23:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Maybe he is the franchise owner who thinks he is not seeing profits because the corporate promo is getting an artificially high response rate in his store. If I was a store owner and everyday a bunch of uniformed postal workers came in with coupons giving whoppers away at a loss when Advo only had one per month I would be upset too.
amethystlocke  
#34 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 3:59:02 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
On a lighter side, one time at my station, a carrier left two tubs close together,the label/paper must've fallen off and the clerk wounded up giving the customer the ubbm tub instead of their vacation hold tub.
nodoubt  
#35 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 8:08:40 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
amethystlocke wrote:
On a lighter side, one time at my station, a carrier left two tubs close together,the label/paper must've fallen off and the clerk wounded up giving the customer the ubbm tub instead of their vacation hold tub.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed