Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

BRAC - Base Realignment and Closure

The effects of a base closure can be huge - causing much stress and questions. This forum can help with the sharing of ideas, suggestions, and answers of those affected (currently or in the past) by BRAC.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
edward  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:01:16 AM(UTC)
MikeOut

Groups: Registered

My story may not be typical, but it's true. I was BRAC'd out of LBNSY in 1993 and it was the single most important decision that was ever made for me. I was relocated to my requested area and ended up in a much better area (San Diego vice Long Beach Ca). On top of that, I recieved 4 months of TQSE in order to have time to purchase a home. I was provided over $20,000 in housing adjustment (I don't remeber what it was called, but it was for the loss of equity in my home due to the BRAC). I've fell into an acquistion position that has dramatically increased my pay by getting out of the GS system, (into demo). We are in a better community, better schools, safer, and not a higher cost of living.
    I may of been on of the fortunate ones, but I LOVED BRAC!!!
Wes  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 4:15:20 AM(UTC)
MC5Wes

They just announced that they want to do a BRAC in 2015 and 17. But they also said the same thing about 2013-15 and 2011-13.

Hopefully they will get Congress to go along. Plenty of Air Force bases with no aircraft.
One Donewong  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 9:34:08 AM(UTC)
nofedjob

Most of the ART locations are history. the active duty AF are tired of their whining and there unions
Fed1969  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 7:19:13 AM(UTC)

I think Obama will support and maybe even encourage additional BRAC activities as a way to reduce DOD spending.
daddygo1  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 6:05:41 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
nofedjob wrote:
Most of the ART locations are history. the active duty AF are tired of their whining and there unions
If they close Art locations they will be making a big mistakes. Art have proven they can do the job better with less people time and time again . As ususal you dont know what you are talking about. The active duty folks that are associate units with the Art program are jealous of the Arts.
One Donewong  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 9:43:04 AM(UTC)
nofedjob

The active duty is tired of the childish mentality exhibited by ARTS. From wearing the uniform to general grooming standards from Fit to Fight. The have sealed their fate and you can thank the 'unions'
oktoots  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 12:12:13 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
nofedjob wrote:
The active duty is tired of the childish mentality exhibited by ARTS. From wearing the uniform to general grooming standards from Fit to Fight. The have sealed their fate and you can thank the 'unions'

Well, Max/nofedjob, at least your tune hasn't changed. You still are anti-civil service workers and ignorantly anti-union. Old dog, same bone.
multiple identities to 0%
One Donewong  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:22:32 AM(UTC)
nofedjob

I see that you love trolling and stalking. Have you seen a mental health professional
oktoots  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:03:05 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Max, you never change your tune. Just don't give me the name of the shrink you use.
multiple identities to 0%
Rss Feed  Atom Feed