Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DEA

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Justice, tasked with combating drug smuggling and use within the United States. Not only is the DEA the lead agency for domestic enforcement of the drug policy of the United States sharing concurrent jurisdiction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it also has sole responsibility for coordinating and pursuing U.S. drug investigations abroad.

Perhaps you are working for the DEA or interested in working for the DEA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DEA.

190 Pages«<182183184185186>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lcarlisle81  
#3661 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 2:11:49 PM(UTC)
lcarlisle81

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: yanks7 Go to Quoted Post
I got the call!! I'm very excited to be joining all of you in Quantico in almost 2 weeks!! I was told I would be receiving more documents next week, so maybe that is when we will all get the travel information.

Alright! Congratulations!
yanks7  
#3662 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 2:21:27 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ccode Go to Quoted Post
I got the call!! I'm very excited to be joining all of you in Quantico in almost 2 weeks!! I was told I would be receiving more documents next week, so maybe that is when we will all get the travel information.

Woohoo Congrats! what was the location Yanks? You'll probably get all the information that we've had to fill out already next week and hopefully we'll all get the cable then too! You might get everything at once who knows!

I'll be going to Newark, NJ it was my 2nd choice!!
hoosier_gal1384  
#3663 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 2:22:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Congrats!!!!!

We should be getting calls from our counselor a next week. They will tell us when we have to be there, what to bring and the travel info. That is from the staffing supervisor.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
ccode on 6/27/2014(UTC)
GearUp  
#3664 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 5:40:52 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 668 time(s) in 223 post(s)
I recommend you write down a list of questions you have for your counselors when they call. It will be a good time to get the information you need/want directly from the person who will be your supervisor for 12/13 weeks.
CSD  
#3665 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 1:24:23 AM(UTC)
CSD

Woohoo Congrats! what was the location Yanks? You'll probably get all the information that we've had to fill out already next week and hopefully we'll all get the cable then too! You might get everything at once who knows!

Nice! I'll be the skinny guy from Texas trying not to be noticed.
lcarlisle81  
#3666 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 5:13:18 AM(UTC)
lcarlisle81

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CSD Go to Quoted Post

Nice! I'll be the skinny guy from Texas trying not to be noticed.

@CSD...I'm coming from Texas too!
CSD  
#3667 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:41:30 AM(UTC)
CSD

Originally Posted by: lcarlisle81 Go to Quoted Post

At least I won't be the only one saying 'y'all'. :)
GearUp  
#3668 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:51:01 PM(UTC)

All,

Please understand when I say DO NOT BRING WEAPONS means just that. You will be on a military installation and the military doesn't recognize concealed carry permits. You will also be on the grounds of the FBI Academy. Your vehicle is subject to search at anytime by the Marine MPs and or the FBI Police. DON'T BE THE ONE CAUGHT WITH A WEAPON!!! You will be removed from the Academy, your employment terminated, and subject to criminal charges.

ccode  
#3669 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 3:01:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lcarlisle81 Go to Quoted Post

At least I won't be the only one saying 'y'all'. :)

This guy from Kentucky says "Ya'll" too! However, I was born in Fort Worth!
GearUp  
#3670 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 3:56:31 PM(UTC)

Ya'll Texas folks are FIX'N to go to the DEA Academy and are FIX'N to become DIs.
maxwell40  
#3671 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 4:25:18 PM(UTC)
maxwell40

Hey everyone, just ordered a black and brown pair of the Eastpoint Plainview Oxfords that were talked about before on the forum. JC Penny has them on sale for $60 each. If you spend over $100 and enter coupon code FUNSUMMR you will get another 20 percent off plus free shipping. so the shoes come out to $48 each, and then I just ordered a reversible belt to qualify for the free shipping. Here's a link:

http://www.jcpenney.com/...mg=0900631B81702D2DM.tif
ccode  
#3672 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 12:46:22 PM(UTC)

And the wait is over....Cable delivered!
CSD  
#3673 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 1:03:10 PM(UTC)
CSD

Black belt, brown shoes. Right on. So I should be calling the listed number tomorrow to book plane tickets? Did I read that correctly?
hoosier_gal1384  
#3674 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 2:03:32 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
So we can't drive unless we live 250 miles or less? Bummer.

Also, we can only travel on Monday? What if we want to fly in on Friday and spend a few days in DC at our own expense?
maxwell40  
#3675 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 4:06:18 PM(UTC)
maxwell40

I'm with Hoosier Gal. Even though it says you are required to fly if you live over 250 miles away, the next sentence states parking is free for those who "elect" to bring a pov. Does this mean you can still drive if you are over the 250 mile distance? Who wants to be stuck there without a car?!
ccode  
#3676 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 5:04:56 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: maxwell40 Go to Quoted Post
I'm with Hoosier Gal. Even though it says you are required to fly if you live over 250 miles away, the next sentence states parking is free for those who "elect" to bring a pov. Does this mean you can still drive if you are over the 250 mile distance? Who wants to be stuck there without a car?!

Black belt, brown shoes. Right on. So I should be calling the listed number tomorrow to book plane tickets? Did I read that correctly?

Originally Posted by: hoosier_gal1384 Go to Quoted Post

Also, we can only travel on Monday? What if we want to fly in on Friday and spend a few days in DC at our own expense?

@all I know some have emailed to ask about it. However, it says "required" to fly. I guess we'll see.

@csd-That's the way I read it call the number to book your plane ticket(s).

@maxwell40 I'd say you can fly in on your own expense to DC to explore. However, would have to use the shuttle into Quantico from the airport as it looks like the only place they run from..so take a taxi or shuttle back to the airport for pickup.

Edited by user Monday, June 30, 2014 5:26:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: silly type-o

CSD  
#3677 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 9:21:59 PM(UTC)
CSD

I'm a little confused at what I'm reading with the travel allotment. There's a number for FY2014 and FY2015. Does that mean my flight can cost up to the amount listed for 2014 and then the return trip can cost up to the amount in 2015 since we'll be in FY2015 when we graduate?
TRYINGFED  
#3678 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 3:36:26 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I'm a little confused at what I'm reading with the travel allotment. There's a number for FY2014 and FY2015. Does that mean my flight can cost up to the amount listed for 2014 and then the return trip can cost up to the amount in 2015 since we'll be in FY2015 when we graduate?

@ CSD ... Correct, the flight can cost up to those amounts. Yes, you will graduate 3 day into FY2015.
TRYINGFED  
#3679 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 3:43:18 AM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: hoosier_gal1384 Go to Quoted Post

@all I know some have emailed to ask about it. However, it says "required" to fly. I guess we'll see.

@csd-That's the way I read it call the number to book your plane ticket(s).

@maxwell40 I'd say you can fly in on your own expense to DC to explore. However, would have to use the shuttle into Quantico from the airport as it looks like the only place they run from..so take a taxi or shuttle back to the airport for pickup.

@ ALL ...........

Yes, you can call that number to book your flights.

You can still fly in on Friday (flight at DEA's expense) but EVERYTHING else is at your own expense. When you do your travel vouchers, you will be re-imbursed for your flight and the shuttle from the airport.

If you live more than 250 miles, you CAN still drive, but if it costs you more to drive than airfare, DEA will ONLY pay up to the cost of the plane ticket.

Monday is considered your travel day, so like I said before, if you are flying, book the earliest flight. If you are driving, leave well ahead of time. Remember ... DC/Richmond traffic is ALWAYS horrible. If you are driving I would try and get there by 11 or 12 JUST to be safe.
TRYINGFED  
#3680 Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 3:46:25 AM(UTC)

United States

@ maxwell ...

Parking is free at the academy. You will park in a designated parking area with a parking pass.

Whenever you get there park up front in the SAC parking spot. That's a 1st come first serve spot and its really convenient up front! :) :) :)

J/K ..... DO NOT PARK UP FRONT and/or IN THE SAC parking spot and DO NOT USE THE FRONT DOORS !!

Edited by user Tuesday, July 1, 2014 3:48:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added more info

Rss Feed  Atom Feed