Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Reemployed Annuitants

Generally speaking, the treatment of a retiree's annuity and pay upon reemployment in the Federal Government depends upon whether he or she retired on the basis of a regular, involuntary, or disability retirement. Potential benefits that may be earned as a result of the reemployment service depend primarily on the length of such service.

Some details on Reemployed Annuitants may be found in a PDF file at OPM's Web Site by clicking here.

If you have questions regarding how this can affect you, feel free to post the quesitons here. Or perhaps you have been through this process before and can offer some helpful suggestions...please share.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robtonet@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 8:56:35 AM(UTC)
robtonet@gmail.com

Groups: Registered
United States

Early out retired no buyout 1996 (csrs gs pay plan) i want to return to federal type work as a retiree appropriate easy peasy low level low stress clerk or similar -remote, part time, all good etc.

Do not want to pension offset-

Seems like the old rules were optional by agency, by personnel office, by hiring official, whether I could get a waiver or not- or even if one was appropriate.—However- it also used to be that the non gs pay plan agency’s would take me and the pension offset was a moot issue.—-can anyone get me up speed very briefly? If i am wasting my time trying to accomplish the return to work effort—-?

I am not sure which agency’s might take me- and which pay plans apply to keep me out to the gs pay plan, if indeed that is an option ?…Thank you very much all. as you know, sometimes this stuff is almost unresolvable.
SDAnalyst  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 1:52:42 PM(UTC)
SDAnalyst

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 252 post(s)
If you go to work for any Federal Agency, your pay there will be offset by the amount of your CSRS pension, unless you get a waiver. DOD was granting waivers for a few years, but they are cutting back on that now.

Even if you get hired, have you also thought about the fact that if you work enough to qualify for Social Security, 40 quarters total, that any SS to which you will be entitled will then be subject to the Windfall Elimination Provision? Basically, you will get maybe half of the SS you would get. Check the ssa.gov site and search for WEP and you will find the information.
robtonet@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 2:13:37 PM(UTC)
robtonet@gmail.com

United States

not to argue with you--because for sure i don't know. 15 years ago i thought i did---seems like quasi fed govment will work for me "federal reserve" comes to mind used to be 5 other excepted agencies maybe atomic energy and some some others but again, i don't know...some dod again thank you for your help-- my deal at my age they are the only ones that will hire me....warm body and eeo cya for them-
Rss Feed  Atom Feed