Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Labor

The Department of Labor fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements.

In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers' rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support. (DOL's mission statement)

Perhaps you are working for the DOL or interested in working for the DOL. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DOL.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Infinitiguy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:47:20 AM(UTC)
Infinitiguy

Groups: Registered
United States

So yesyerday I filed for a schedule award, I turned in all my doctors notes, mri's, mmi, and impairment rating. My rating is 42% of my index finger and 8% of my hand. Do they give you payment for both ratings? How long does this process normally take? Do they usually accept the physicians rating? How does pay work? Can you appeal your rating? The acs website doesn't have cqs on it anymore so I can't check status at all.
diannedawn  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:55:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Good LUCK! Getting any answers out of these people! I filed 2 CA-7's for scheduled awards...received by DOL on May 28th...My CE sat on both and did NOTHING... After several rounds of telephone tag (AWESOME system they have!) She left me a phone message in reply to my question as to what was going on... saying "I see you were unable to find a Dr to do your impairment rating. We can set up an appointment for you, but it will take a couple of weeks" I wrote her a letter (uploaded through ECOMP) saying WHAT? I included my Dr's reports WITH my CA-7s! Do I need to resend them??? *crickets*

By now its been over a month...nothing...I call the Supervisor...she says she'll look into it...another month goes by... *crickets*

I call the Supervisor again, and the same day I got a letter from my CE about setting up an appointment to get my impairment rating! LOL!
She OBVIOUSLY has STILL not figured out that I already SENT my "impairment rating"!!!
(I went to the Ellis Clinic and provided them with a VERY DETAILED reports/impairment ratings)
The Supervisor again tells me she'll look into it...that it could take a couple weeks for the CE to send it on to the District Medical Examiner...
I get a letter saying they were sent to the DME August 20th ...

I had been told that it could take "4-6 weeks" AFTER the DME got it, so I waited patently...
6 weeks go by *crickets*
I call the Supervisor again...she says Yes that should have been received back from the DME by now...she'll look into it..."perhaps it got misplaced"...
A week later I find out through the automated menu that my CE has been changed... The operator also let it slip that the report came BACK from the DME on August 28th! LOL

Its now Oct 9th...my NEW CE manages to get ONE of my two cases to the "awaiting final review and certification" stage by the 19th...
Case 2 is still waiting to be "adjudicated"...
By the 30th that is STILL where both cases are!...Oh...and they've switched my CE again...LOL...
I talk to the Supervisor AGAIN...she doesn't know what the problem is.
I talk to my new CE...the RUDEST one I've EVER had to date...WHAT A PRICK...

What a SURPRISE...its now been over 5 months and I've never seen a dime...never even gotten the letter telling me what they decided...NOTHING.
I'm planning to write to James Polcyn next week. I'll be contacting my Senator as well.
But I figure I'll be lucky if a see any money by next May 28th...MAYBE they can get these 2 claims processed in a YEAR???

Oh..yes... Isn't it SWELL that they got rid of the CQS???

What a JOKE!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed