Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Labor

The Department of Labor fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements.

In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers' rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support. (DOL's mission statement)

Perhaps you are working for the DOL or interested in working for the DOL. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DOL.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Muffy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:13:39 AM(UTC)
Muffy

Groups: Registered
United States

In October 2014 I injured my back @USPS while lifting a box. I went to an urgent care facility where they diagnosed me with a back sprain and leg numbness. I was then referred to a spine doctor. A MRI was ran and it found that I had SI joint dysfunction as well as degenerative disc disease. By December 2014 my case was closed stating that factual evidence was not proven. I then contacted a lawyer. He filed for Written record of review. It took a few months to hear back and they denied it again stating that not enough "medical rationale" was shown although they agree with my diagnosis from the two previous physicians at urgent care. At this point my doctor has written a very detailed medical narrative. I just need help with the cover letter explaining why I want a reconsideration. Are there any examples. Or what must it say?? Please help I'm so stressed.
edalder  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:38:36 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 166 post(s)
This particular board is more for the benefit of people interested in employment with the Dept of Labor. OWCP happens to be be one of many subagencies within DOL. Other agencies include OSHA, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Wage and Hour Division, etc.

There is a Federal Workers' Compensation Board down below and you might get a better response to your question there.

Secondly, you indicated that you have an attorney. IMO, you hired an attorney for a reason. Let him or her handle the cover letter for the reconsideration request. That's why you have an attorney.
Kivi
Rss Feed  Atom Feed