Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Environmental Protection Agency

EPA was established in 1970 to consolidate in one agency a variety of federal research, monitoring, standard-setting and enforcement activities to ensure environmental protection. Since its inception, EPA has been working for a cleaner, healthier environment for the American people.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AWright93  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 3:00:26 PM(UTC)
AWright93

Groups: Registered
United States

Good Afternoon,

I applied to a Student Trainee position for the EPA in March. It was open for about a week, it only took 150 applications. In April I received a status update stating that I was "Eligible-Referred for Selection Consideration". The vacancy of the positions says many for NY and NJ. It is now June and I have not heard anything or my status has not been updated. I have contacted the individual that they gave for contact information and she has not respond both times. I have spoken to her before when I was applying to the position and she responded very quickly.

Does anybody know the process for student trainee positions. Should I just let it go or continue to see how it goes? Do they do interviews or just select base off the resumes/transcripts/etc. (I really want this internship)!!!

Also, I applied to an Army Student Trainee for Biological Sciences in March (around the same time). They never updated my status but I heard on JUNE 14 that I was not selected. I know all agencies are different but just need suggestions .

Thank You
rb88  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 5:12:34 PM(UTC)
rb88

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
AWright93 I'm not sure how long it truly takes the EPA to let you know if you were hired but I can tell you based on my experience the timeline. The position I applied to was for natural resources/engineers/physical science student trainee. It had a 100 application max and stated that it would close the night it reached it's max at 11:59 pm.

April 27th Open-applied
April 29th Closed (reached 100 applicant max)
May 3 Cancelled
May 4th Re announced- applied
May 4th closed announcement (reached 100 applicant max)
May 28th Referred-Eligible for Selection Consideration
June 20th- Tentative Offer

Shortly after I got the status update on being referred, I had an update in my LinkedIn that 2-3 people from the EPA had looked at my profile. I never received a call until I got the TO email. So, basically I was given a TO without an interview. I'm not sure if that will be or was the same process for the specific announcement that you applied to since my announcement is in a different region. However, it wouldn't hurt to reach out to the contact to see if there is any update on your application. Out of the many student trainee positions I have applied to I have only had 1 interview by phone and 5 all offered without an interview. But I would suggest contacting the agency contact. I hope you get it! Good luck! I also hope you got an update since you posted! :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed