Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

76 Pages«<747576
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hopeful_4_Change  
#1501 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:57:07 AM(UTC)
Hopeful_4_Change

Groups: Registered
United States

FYI... Manage your expectations with this agency and their HR. I've been in the federal government for quite a few years and currently do relevant work (not a commissioned examiner). I was recently offered an examiner position, but at a much lower pay than I currently have as a federal employee (~$45K lower). After the initial offer, I was told they needed my SF-50 to negotiate the pay. After a week, they came back and said, "A higher salary cannot be supported". Obviously, I declined. I was offered the CN-40. Ironically, my currently salary falls within the CN-40 range, but they refused to match or even get close. What they offered was not even at the top of the CN-30. The good thing is I was just putting out "feelers", not in NEED of a new job. I'd hate to think someone had hung their hopes on this opportunity and had a similar experience.
meinhoonna  
#1502 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 7:25:27 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hopeful_4_Change Go to Quoted Post
FYI... Manage your expectations with this agency and their HR. I've been in the federal government for quite a few years and currently do relevant work (not a commissioned examiner). I was recently offered an examiner position, but at a much lower pay than I currently have as a federal employee (~$45K lower). After the initial offer, I was told they needed my SF-50 to negotiate the pay. After a week, they came back and said, "A higher salary cannot be supported". Obviously, I declined. I was offered the CN-40. Ironically, my currently salary falls within the CN-40 range, but they refused to match or even get close. What they offered was not even at the top of the CN-30. The good thing is I was just putting out "feelers", not in NEED of a new job. I'd hate to think someone had hung their hopes on this opportunity and had a similar experience.

That is weird as I heard that for Federal Govt employees moving from one agency to another, then have to match the grade and give step above what they currently have. 2.5 step or something like that rule.
Rikaku  
#1503 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 7:51:11 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: meinhoonna Go to Quoted Post

That is weird as I heard that for Federal Govt employees moving from one agency to another, then have to match the grade and give step above what they currently have. 2.5 step or something like that rule.

You've heard wrong. If that were the case, what would stop someone from jumping from job to job, at their current grade, just to increase steps with each transfer?

If you take a lateral, you keep your same grade and step. If you take a promotion, there is the two step rule to set the step. If you take a voluntary demotion to a lower grade, they may or may not match your current salary with steps, it is the agency's call.

IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#1504 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 4:37:03 PM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 50 post(s)

yea, this is wrong. If you are voluntarily taking a demotion the gaining agency has not obligation to pay match. Trust me, this just happened to me.
meinhoonna  
#1505 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:47:14 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IRSSpecialAgent_1Day Go to Quoted Post

yea, this is wrong. If you are voluntarily taking a demotion the gaining agency has not obligation to pay match. Trust me, this just happened to me.

If it's a demotion then it would make sense but I got the impression that it was either lateral or higher paying job and poster was offered less and hence the SF-50 comment. I am new so I could be wrong but it does not make sense if the applied job is higher grade than current.
smithandjones  
#1506 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:31:53 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Anybody else apply for enforcement attorney in February?

Was interviewed at the end of April but now 2 months later they are still saying no decision yet?

Why does this take so long?
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
2845 on 7/15/2019(UTC)
#1507 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 9:07:15 AM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: smithandjones Go to Quoted Post
Anybody else apply for enforcement attorney in February?

Was interviewed at the end of April but now 2 months later they are still saying no decision yet?

Why does this take so long?

I applied to a position within this agency in February as well. Had interviews in May then NOTHING. I'm kinda stressed because I really want this position.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed